Heavy duty cart for the Kubota GL7000 generator.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Harbor Freight carries very reasonably priced casters in my opinion. To my inexperienced eye they seem well made. There is a large steel distributer near me that was kind enough to let me dumpster dive in their massive scrap pile. Channels ,pipe, angle ,plate...I loaded up about 300 pound of steel for $20. I practice welding and try not to hurt myself. I refurbished a Lincoln SAM 400 last year. I wish my welds looked half as good as yours!
Thanks for the tip. They have a lot of solid casters at the local welding supply store so I'll take a look at those as well as stop by Harbor Freight in town.

Oh man! You're very lucky to get all that scrap steel for $20. I just bought two 15"x15"x1/2" plates on Craigslist for $25. Well done on fixing up the Lincoln welder and keep at it and keep your eye on the puddle and you'll do well. I have a Lincoln Square Wave TIG 200 for TIG and stick and the Millermatic 185 for MIG which needs a new switch for the gun. Many years ago I passed numerous welding certifications including the 5G pipe test with 1/8" root gap which is probably one of the hardest welding tests to pass. What I know now is that I suck compared to what I once was but I don't weld 8+ hours a day any more. At one point I was burning 50lb of 7018 rod a night on oil barges, all positional stuff and my leathers and hood showed the scars. These days I'm happy if I can run a decent fillet weld using MIG.

Reactions: 1 user

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Theses are German made castors that I've been using for a few years on different customer orders. One push and your cart would roll to the neighbors house. They aren't cheap but they are really really good.
Nice job on the cart.

casters | McMaster-Carr

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Theses are German made castors that I've been using for a few years on different customer orders. One push and your cart would roll to the neighbors house. They aren't cheap but they are really really good.
Nice job on the cart.

casters | McMaster-Carr
Thanks for the kind words and the link. Those look to be high quality casters and are reasonably priced.