Wheel setting on kubota M4.

WyoHomestead

Feb 24, 2021
Wyoming
Hey Everybody, getting ready to take delivery on a M4-071. I was going to have the dealer set the front and back wheels to the middle width positions for better stability on hills and pulling a baler. Has anyone had any issues with setting wheels out wider as far as wear and tear on their machine? Does it make a difference in machine ride quality? Thanks!

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I assume you are talking round bales. Set the rear wheels as wide as you can and still pass through the gates and door that you have on your ranch. Even on level ground a bump or dip can can cause the tractor to be top heavy when transporting a bale.

WyoHomestead

Feb 24, 2021
Wyoming
I assume you are talking round bales. Set the rear wheels as wide as you can and still pass through the gates and door that you have on your ranch. Even on level ground a bump or dip can can cause the tractor to be top heavy when transporting a bale.
I will be using a small square baler. I’ve got 10’+ gates everywhere on our place so not worried about that. Would still like to be able to put it on a trailer if need be. I went ahead and got the 84” bucket as well to make sure if I did widen out the wheels they wouldn’t be outside the front bucket. My main question would be how much harder are the wider setting on things like axels and wheel bearings?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I will be using a small square baler. I’ve got 10’+ gates everywhere on our place so not worried about that. Would still like to be able to put it on a trailer if need be. I went ahead and got the 84” bucket as well to make sure if I did widen out the wheels they wouldn’t be outside the front bucket. My main question would be how much harder are the wider setting on things like axels and wheel bearings?
The wear and tear will be negligible by adding any factory sets for width.