EverythingSuductiveAttachments

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Forgive me father for I have sinned.......

After sounding off here that I would have to lay out all the money upfront for an EA wicked grapple and saying how much it would insult my sensibilities , I decided to look at the drum aerator to see what EA had to offer and compare it to what I was paying almost 1500 for a Land Pride. Holy crap . No comparison . Maybe I'm not smart enough to see the differences in the grapples between LandPride and EA but my goodness they jump out on the aerators.

Full disclosure.....I caved.....and yes I paid all upfront for aerator that I now have to wait 14 weeks for . So either I was insulted by land pride by underselling me or insulted by EA for taking my money upfront .

if everything goes well I will order my grapple after I receive the aerator . Can't even compare the two aerators .

Ready to accept my penance.....Go.....

Reactions: 4 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Forgive me father for I have sinned.......

After sounding off here that I would have to lay out all the money upfront for an EA wicked grapple and saying how much it would insult my sensibilities , I decided to look at the drum aerator to see what EA had to offer and compare it to what I was paying almost 1500 for a Land Pride. Holy crap . No comparison . Maybe I'm not smart enough to see the differences in the grapples between LandPride and EA but my goodness they jump out on the aerators.

Full disclosure.....I caved.....and yes I paid all upfront for aerator that I now have to wait 14 weeks for . So either I was insulted by land pride by underselling me or insulted by EA for taking my money upfront .

if everything goes well I will order my grapple after I receive the aerator . Can't even compare the two aerators .

Tell your wife what you spent on an aerator. Let her summon the penance. Keep us posted.

Reactions: 2 users

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Tell your wife what you spent on an aerator. Let her summon the penance. Keep us posted.
If she never knows, because maybe I paid with my hidden credit card, is it still a sin?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Outdrz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, 525 Loader, 2060 Cutter, EA Toothbar, EA Box Blade, JD Disc and more
Feb 20, 2021
Ohio
LOL!!! Saw the subject of this new post and thought.... "You've gotta be kidding. We just covered this on the other thread.."

Your post made me smile. Smart people change their opinions as they get new facts/information...

Hope that aerator is all you're hoping for and more.

No penance required. Now, WELCOME to the "Waiting on new EA toys" club!

• Love

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
LOL!!! Saw the subject of this new post and thought.... "You've gotta be kidding. We just covered this on the other thread.."

Your post made me smile. Smart people change their opinions as they get new facts/information...

Hope that aerator is all you're hoping for and more.

No penance required. Now, WELCOME to the "Waiting on new EA toys" club!
My hope was a few people would smile at my expense, and I tried to make the title amusing. For a couple hundred dollars more the difference in these two aerators was just striking.

I appreciate the comment about reassessing my view. I'm an engineer and try to remain open to facts.

We aerate lawns around Labor Day in the Northeast so if it's here by then I'll be happy.

Waiting on my new B2601 as well.

Big year. I'm turning 60 next week and just said screw it I'm getting some things I want. I'm running out of time.

Reactions: 5 users

Borane4

Equipment
M4-071
Dec 16, 2020
Texas
Reminds me of the saying, "When I die I hope my wife doesnt sell my [implements, guns, tools, toy] for what I told her they cost."

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
In a normal time, you might need pentence. As it is, we are just lucky to buy almost any quality tractor attachments.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
When I lived “in town” .... most of my neighbors all had lawn-vacuums or rakes, etc., and bagged their clippings and leaves, fertilized and fed the grass, aerated their lawns, and paid extra for the “heavy trash” to pickup their leaves and clippings.
Being lazy and cheap I mowed my lawn and left the clippings and saw no sense in feeding the grass so it could grow faster. . After a year or so my neighbors began to notice my lawn looked just as good as theirs despite my lack of effort.

I’m only sayin’...... an aerator? Really? $2500 PLUS to poke holes in the ground because someone says it’s good for grass?

I’m disbelieving because what I do is actually COMPACT my soil because grass roots actually break-up and loosen soil as the plants grow. I compact it to keep it firm so wild hogs will leave it alone and go root-around somewhere else. This tendency for grass-roots to loosen soil is exactly opposite what the video claims creates a need for an aerator. What is wrong with this picture? Seems crazy to me to spend thousands of dollars to accomplish what grass does for free.

Last edited:

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
When I lived “in town” .... most of my neighbors all had lawn-vacuums or rakes, etc., and bagged their clippings and leaves, fertilized and fed the grass, aerated their lawns, and paid extra for the “heavy trash” to pickup their leaves and clippings.
Being lazy and cheap I mowed my lawn and left the clippings and saw no sense in feeding the grass so it could grow faster. . After a year or so my neighbors began to notice my lawn looked just as good as theirs despite my lack of effort.

I’m only sayin’...... an aerator? Really? $2500 PLUS to poke holes in the ground because someone says it’s good for grass?

I’m disbelieving because what I do is actually COMPACT my soil because grass roots actually break-up and loosen soil as the plants grow. I compact it to keep it firm so wild hogs will leave it alone and go root-around somewhere else. This tendency for grass-roots to loosen soil is exactly opposite what the video claims creates a need for an aerator. What is wrong with this picture? Seems crazy to me to spend thousands of dollars to accomplish what grass does for free.
The best looking lawn in my neighborhood is aerated then top dressed with sand/peat. Adding organic material annually does level and smooth the lawn, something my lawn really needs. I will report back over time how it turns out. And $1,600, not $2,500, but your point is taken.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
In our area the cities do a leaf pickup. Everyone rakes their lawns to the curb and away it goes. Looks like mostly litter that people rake out of their lawns and roadsides, ends up at the city composting facility, bagged up and sold back to the consumer.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I like my EA aerator, it will not disappoint. It has served me well for the last 3 years.
20200405_184730.jpg

• Love

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Well, whomever was at the end of the line for a Wicked 55 grapple, good news for you. You are not last anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I wonder why some of the best grasses in the world on golf courses are arrerated? All those ground keepers must know something.

• Love

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I wonder why some of the best grasses in the world on golf courses are arrerated? All those ground keepers must know something.
I worked on a golf course for 4 years during the summers while in school.

Every year at the beginning of the summer the entire course was aerated. For the greens we pushed the plugs off and filled in holes on the paths with the plugs. We fertilized the greens and then top dressed with sand to fill the plugged holes.

Beautiful bent grass greens. I hated that time of year, then we got smart and used our old sand pro with a makeshift small dozer blade on the front of it to push the plugs to the apron to shovel up.

In just weeks the grass had covered the holes and you are left with a healthier green.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
They know that if they don’t make their boss look smart to buy unneeded equipment ....and if they themselves don’t look busy ... they’ll be unemployed.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I worked on a golf course for 4 years during the summers while in school.

Every year at the beginning of the summer the entire course was aerated. For the greens we pushed the plugs off and filled in holes on the paths with the plugs. We fertilized the greens and then top dressed with sand to fill the plugged holes.

Beautiful bent grass greens. I hated that time of year, then we got smart and used our old sand pro with a makeshift small dozer blade on the front of it to push the plugs to the apron to shovel up.

In just weeks the grass had covered the holes and you are left with a healthier green.
Same

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: All those ground keepers must know something.

yeah ,HOW to endure JOB SECURITY !!

Knew a couple that worked at Glen Abbey, man they got it down to a fine art.

BTW , up here in Ontario it's ILLEGAL to sell/buy/use 2-4d and other similar 'chemicals ' if a home owner BUT be a golfcourse,then you can spray ANY chemical you want and ANY amount of water( no meters...)........
So golfcourses are GREEN up here, due to constant fertilizing,watering,cutting....

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
re: All those ground keepers must know something.

yeah ,HOW to endure JOB SECURITY !!

Knew a couple that worked at Glen Abbey, man they got it down to a fine art.

BTW , up here in Ontario it's ILLEGAL to sell/buy/use 2-4d and other similar 'chemicals ' if a home owner BUT be a golfcourse,then you can spray ANY chemical you want and ANY amount of water( no meters...)........
So golfcourses are GREEN up here, due to constant fertilizing,watering,cutting....
i use the water from my pond and burn gas in a pump to water my lawn. Only when I put down grass seed, after it starts growing... it’s up to Mother Nature haha. The wife’s garden however will get watered often. Advantage of being on a well in a high water table, I will never run out.

Reactions: 1 users