BX2680 Quick Hitch?

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
BX2680 with FEL and 60" MMM, rear PTO snowblower, 4' box blade, pallet forks
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
Disclaimer: I've searched and read a few threads but am not finding the specific info I'm searching for.

I recently purchased a new BX2680, and Land Pride 4' box blade. This replaced my old, old, old BX2200.

I've decided I need a rear quick-hitch. Between my rear PTO snowblower, the box blade, carryall, and trailer hitch adaptor, constantly swapping those out and adjusting the anti-sway turnbuckles is getting very tiresome already.

How do I find the correct quick-hitch to buy, are they all created (somewhat) equal, are there features/challenges that some have but others don't, and how do I know if my current implements/attachments will fit the quick-hitch before purchasing?

Thanks in advance for any information or guidance!

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Disclaimer: I've searched and read a few threads but am not finding the specific info I'm searching for.

I recently purchased a new BX2680, and Land Pride 4' box blade. This replaced my old, old, old BX2200.

I've decided I need a rear quick-hitch. Between my rear PTO snowblower, the box blade, carryall, and trailer hitch adaptor, constantly swapping those out and adjusting the anti-sway turnbuckles is getting very tiresome already.

How do I find the correct quick-hitch to buy, are they all created (somewhat) equal, are there features/challenges that some have but others don't, and how do I know if my current implements/attachments will fit the quick-hitch before purchasing?

Thanks in advance for any information or guidance!
Most category 1 quick hitches are fairly similar. One feature I would make sure it has is an adjustable top hook. I ended up getting the Titan quick hitch. As for your existing implements, look them up individually to see if they are quick hitch compatible or not. If not, you may want to consider the Pat's Easy Change system instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
Most category 1 quick hitches are fairly similar. One feature I would make sure it has is an adjustable top link. I ended up getting the Titan quick hitch. As for your existing implements, look them up individually to see if they are quick hitch compatible or not. If not, you may want to consider the Pat's Easy Change system instead.
I see that the Titan quick hitch says it needs conversion bushings to be used with Category 1 attachments? Any insight on what those cost/are they included? The BX is obviously a Cat1 as far as I know...

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I see that the Titan quick hitch says it needs conversion bushings to be used with Category 1 attachments? Any insight on what those cost/are they included? The BX is obviously a Cat1 as far as I know...
Almost all of the category 1 quick hitches require the category 3 lower bushings. The Land Pride QH05 and QH10 do not but they do not have an adjustable top hook either. The only one I know of that doesn't require the bushings and also has the adjustable top link is the Speeco E-Hitch.

BotaGuy

Equipment
BX2680, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Piranha Bar, Boom Pole
Nov 22, 2020
Ott16*9*9
BX2680 here and I use the Titan with the bushings mentioned above. The Titan works great, is heavy duty and resaonably priced. Mine arrived slightly bent and half out of the shippping box. Their packaging is terrible so you might want to be home when it gets dropped off to look it over. Still worth the price IMHO.

Reactions: 1 users

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
Ah nice thank you. I wasn't quite sure what it was referring to... So do those go on each implement? Or on the top link itself and they just stay with the quick hitch?

Last question, are they only needed for the top link or all 3 of the connection points on each implement? Sorry if these are basic concepts, I am new to quick-hitchery.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
My son got me the Harbor Freight QH and it works great and heavy duty for my 2680. The category 3 sleeves are around $32 at TSC, may have been less. HF has their sale and you could pick it up for as low as $90.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Ah nice thank you. I wasn't quite sure what it was referring to... So do those go on each implement? Or on the top link itself and they just stay with the quick hitch?

Last question, are they only needed for the top link or all 3 of the connection points on each implement? Sorry if these are basic concepts, I am new to quick-hitchery.
There are bushings sized for both top and lower pins.

I keep them on the implement.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Yeah so the downfall for the ones that require bushings is you need them on the implement that you plan on using. With the sleeve type you could switch them between implements but that process would be much more difficult with the other type. Most people just get them for each of their implements or add them over time once that implement is needed next.

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
Thanks, all.

Hopefully this will be the last dumb question I ask (today), why the heck do they sell these things as Cat 1 if you need to add bushings to make everything a Cat 3? Why not just sell only Cat 3s and tell anyone smaller they'll need bushings?

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
They do actually make category 2 and category 3 quick hitches with different overall dimensions to support those categories of implements. Why most category 1 quick hitches do not fit category 1 implement pins is a mystery. One only to be opined and debated by the wisest of scholars...

Last edited:

BotaGuy

Equipment
BX2680, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Piranha Bar, Boom Pole
Nov 22, 2020
Ott16*9*9
These for the top link:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-category-3-to-2-top-link-bushing
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-category-2-to-1-top-link-bushing

These for the pins:

I hear some people had to modify the HF Quick Hitch but here it is as well:

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
These for the top link:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-category-3-to-2-top-link-bushing
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-category-2-to-1-top-link-bushing

These for the pins:

I hear some people had to modify the HF Quick Hitch but here it is as well:

Whoa, so we're at like $70 per implement over the cost of the quick hitch if I'm looking at this right? Two on the pin bushings at $33 each, and a few parts for top link getting.to ~$70?

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Two sleeve pins total for each implement one on each side $33 total for the set. I bought the upper sleeve/spacer, couple dollars I think for it but did not need it, you might. After the purchase of your QH basically you’ll have around $35 on each implement.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Use on the draft pins the same style 1-->2 and 2-->3 style sleeves like the ones posted for the top link. Quick and easy to switch to another implement if needed, and cheap.

Be aware that these draft link conversion sleeves are not the same size as those for the top link, as the pins start off larger to begin with.

No need for those expensive semi-permanent adapters with the knob on the end.

Bruce

Reactions: 2 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Last edited:

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
Thanks again all. Quick Hitch arrived today, and I'm off to Tractor Supply for some bushings.

How do people deal with driveshaft implements? I backed up to my rear PTO snowblower and realized I'm standing there holding the shaft in my hand like.... I'm holding my shaft in my hand. Wasn't sure how to keep it up out of the way, or out of the dirt/underside if tractor where it would be stuck.

Also it strikes me... Will I need a longer driveshaft? Seems like no since there's plenty of slide left in this one but who knows.