What to include in BX2680 order

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
I have this same question, sort of. I already bought my BX2680 with the loader and 60" MMM and box blade. Since I already own a snowblower, pallet forks are next (would love a grapple but dang that 3rd function plus the grapple itself makes it a little out of reach at the moment).

Can someone give me a rundown of what forks would be a good choice? I have the quick detach bucket (and loader, but I specifically mean the bucket comes off the loader arms. Is that called SSQA or something?)

A lot of the ones I've looked at are $1k and then a few hundred shipped. Is that just what I can expect to pay? I would've hoped for $600-650 shipped but that is probably not realistic I'm guessing.
I bought the Land Pride PFL1242. They work for everything I have used them for so far. I have SSQA and I can pick up a 4x8 round bale a couple inches, enough to move it into the pasture from where my hay guy drops it in the driveway. If you wind up finding something lighter, SSQA forks are extremely easy to sell, at least here. I paid under $700 at Land and Coates for the LP forks, and I had to wait a few days for a shipment to arrive, and get there when they did. They won't hold them for you, and they sell out very quick. FYI, SSQA stand for Skid Steer Quick Attach.

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
BX2680 with FEL and 60" MMM, rear PTO snowblower, 4' box blade, pallet forks
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
I bought the Land Pride PFL1242. They work for everything I have used them for so far. I have SSQA and I can pick up a 4x8 round bale a couple inches, enough to move it into the pasture from where my hay guy drops it in the driveway. If you wind up finding something lighter, SSQA forks are extremely easy to sell, at least here. I paid under $700 at Land and Coates for the LP forks, and I had to wait a few days for a shipment to arrive, and get there when they did. They won't hold them for you, and they sell out very quick. FYI, SSQA stand for Skid Steer Quick Attach.

Thanks for the info!

So I must confess I'm a bit of an Ask-hole on this one, I see everybody saying PFL1242 but it would likely be a long time before I could drum up the cash for those (and other things I need, hello new Pirhana bar for the bucket!).

I went ahead and ordered the ones from Palletfork.com, I realize the lack of adjustable forks is a downside but the price and free shipping (~$380 out the door) sold me. I don't have too many "strange" items to lift, just logs and things like my mower deck and rear PTO snowblower that aren't easily moved by other means.

They are here: https://www.palletforks.com/skid-st...ttachment-–-skid-steer-quick-tach/133210.html

and I'll be sure to report back when I've got some use on them, probably in one of the pallet forks threads. Thanks again for all the info and input, you guys are great as usual!

Reactions: 1 user

Cranblue

Feb 23, 2019
Lincolnton NC
Congratulations on ordering your new tractor, it’s very exciting. It sounds like you have made your wish list and everyone is adding to it!

The reality is that sometimes it’s hard to make all the decisions up front, a box blade is a useful accessory, personally I like the compactness of a ballast box rather than hauling around a full size attachment. If you have a future possible use for rear hydraulic remotes now would be a good time to add them, otherwise enjoy your new tractor you will have lots of time to work out new wants and must haves.
Agree ballast box over implement !!

foobert

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 25, 2021
Washington
I went ahead and ordered the ones from Palletfork.com, .... and I'll be sure to report back when I've got some use on them,
I’d be very curios what the weight of their setup is — the information on site doesn’t pass the smell test (22# for the frame & 95# each for a hollow fork?!?)

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
I’d be very curios what the weight of their setup is — the information on site doesn’t pass the smell test (22# for the frame & 95# each for a hollow fork?!?)
No kidding eh? I think the 22 is a typo, further down in the specs it says the unit weighs 229lbs. The 2,600 pound capacity seems like a bit of a stretch but I have no real way to confirm or deny. I also do not think each tine weighs 95 pounds, but 95 combined which would give the 229 lbs overall weight.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
No kidding eh? I think the 22 is a typo, further down in the specs it says the unit weighs 229lbs. The 2,600 pound capacity seems like a bit of a stretch but I have no real way to confirm or deny. I also do not think each tine weighs 95 pounds, but 95 combined which would give the 229 lbs overall weight.
Just found more specs on it. Both forks together weigh 95lbs and the mast/frame weighs in at 134.

SPECIFICATIONS:
- Fork Dimensions: 46-in x 4-in x 2-in.
- Mast Dimensions: 45.75-in x 35.5-in.
- Material: Powder-coated steel
- Fork weight: 95 lb.
- Mast Weight: 134 lb.
- Capacity: 2,600 lb.
- Total Weight: 229 lb.

land pride 1242 weighs in at 220lbs

Reactions: 1 users

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
I would've had an update on the Titan Attachments pallet forks as they were supposed to be delivered yesterday.... Until FedEx sent me an alert saying they were damaged in transport (after making it all the way to Maine... And within 30 miles of my house...) and they are being sent back to the manufacturer.

• Sad

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I would've had an update on the Titan Attachments pallet forks as they were supposed to be delivered yesterday.... Until FedEx sent me an alert saying they were damaged in transport (after making it all the way to Maine... And within 30 miles of my house...) and they are being sent back to the manufacturer.
How in the heck can they damage something as tough as pallet forks.. you think maybe they scratched em?😁

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
How in the heck can they damage something as tough as pallet forks.. you think maybe they scratched em?😁
That is a great question I'll probably never know the answer to. What annoys me is that I doubt Titan shipped another as soon as they knew the "damaged" one was coming back... so I get to wait for it to go back then come this direction again.

AND I get to wonder if the one I receive is the "damaged" version or not... but I spose I won't sweat it since I haven't bothered to bother them and ask.

Stranger yet is I received two separate shipping notices, with different FedEx tracking numbers, both that were supposed to be delivered Monday. Based on the weights, I assumed one was the forks and one was the backplate/part the forks attach to. Yet NEITHER was delivered despite only one of the two tracking number packages being "damaged". Strange times.

EDIT ONCE MORE:

I went on the TITAN site, not Fedex. I discovered a log of the shipment... it arrived in Maine on Monday, was marked damaged, "address corrected", departed Maine and went to Connecticut, and marked "barcode unreadable and replaced" at 6:34am this morning. What a world.

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
That is a great question I'll probably never know the answer to. What annoys me is that I doubt Titan shipped another as soon as they knew the "damaged" one was coming back... so I get to wait for it to go back then come this direction again.

AND I get to wonder if the one I receive is the "damaged" version or not... but I spose I won't sweat it since I haven't bothered to bother them and ask.

Stranger yet is I received two separate shipping notices, with different FedEx tracking numbers, both that were supposed to be delivered Monday. Based on the weights, I assumed one was the forks and one was the backplate/part the forks attach to. Yet NEITHER was delivered despite only one of the two tracking number packages being "damaged". Strange times.

EDIT ONCE MORE:

I went on the TITAN site, not Fedex. I discovered a log of the shipment... it arrived in Maine on Monday, was marked damaged, "address corrected", departed Maine and went to Connecticut, and marked "barcode unreadable and replaced" at 6:34am this morning. What a world.
Reply to myself: FedEx just showed up, trying to deliver the attachment/backplate portion of the pallet forks. The cardboard wrap was torn all apart, and there was one hefty "pin" that was rolling around on the truck floor and the other one was MIA. The pin that was present appeared to have a hitch pin hole to hold it from falling out... Also missing so I have no clue what else had left the box. Naturally I refused delivery and had it sent back, but dang.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Reply to myself: FedEx just showed up, trying to deliver the attachment/backplate portion of the pallet forks. The cardboard wrap was torn all apart, and there was one hefty "pin" that was rolling around on the truck floor and the other one was MIA. The pin that was present appeared to have a hitch pin hole to hold it from falling out... Also missing so I have no clue what else had left the box. Naturally I refused delivery and had it sent back, but dang.
Well darn that’s a bummer.. i don’t know if it was free shipping but if not maybe they will make it worth your while.

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
Well darn that’s a bummer.. i don’t know if it was free shipping but if not maybe they will make it worth your while.

Sigh. I should stop hijacking this thread with this discussion but I haven't yet created a new thread to discuss this Titan pallet fork item... because I apparently won't be getting it.

The shipping was free, that is one of their benefits and keeps the cost lower.

After I refused the shipment of the pallet fork backer/attachment, Titan reached out to me via email. I sent the photo of the damaged box and single pin dangling out with the second pin missing back to the rep, and explained my concerns and why I refused the package.

I then inquired if they would be shipping a replacement or waiting for my returned package to return and then checking/shipping that one back. The rep emailed back tonight and replied that they were issuing a refund to my card, and since the pallet forks had gone out of stock since I ordered.... tough shit for me.

So, now if I actually wanted them, I'd have to monitor the Titan website until they were back in stock (when? nobody knows!) and re-order, then wait again for the 15 business day delay before they ship, and then HOPE they arrive unscathed. Sigh.....

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Sigh. I should stop hijacking this thread with this discussion but I haven't yet created a new thread to discuss this Titan pallet fork item... because I apparently won't be getting it.

The shipping was free, that is one of their benefits and keeps the cost lower.

After I refused the shipment of the pallet fork backer/attachment, Titan reached out to me via email. I sent the photo of the damaged box and single pin dangling out with the second pin missing back to the rep, and explained my concerns and why I refused the package.

I then inquired if they would be shipping a replacement or waiting for my returned package to return and then checking/shipping that one back. The rep emailed back tonight and replied that they were issuing a refund to my card, and since the pallet forks had gone out of stock since I ordered.... tough shit for me.

So, now if I actually wanted them, I'd have to monitor the Titan website until they were back in stock (when? nobody knows!) and re-order, then wait again for the 15 business day delay before they ship, and then HOPE they arrive unscathed. Sigh.....
Half of an order wasn’t doing you any good either! Look elsewhere I’ve seen some good deals on them here and there. Truthfully I did not like that box design fork..too bulky for precise placements. Like this.. 1CC6FBC9-BFAB-4651-9479-5F9AF60C1282.jpeg
I would not have gotten those thick box forks out without dragging the unit out with them.