LX2610 25ish hours
First set of filters for 50hr service
Large tires
Canopy
FEL with SSQA 60" bucket
2 rear remotes
Summit 3rd function
LP QH15 quick hitch
LP 5' cutter and box blade (1560 box, 1860 cutter)
EA 55" grapple
Hydraulic top link

Last edited:

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I would ask for what you have in it. They are hard to find. Then sell it at 90% of that number. If it does not sell you can lower the price.

Look at 'Tractorhouse" and other websites to see what other lx2610 tractors are priced at on the market.

Reactions: 1 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
What's your reason for selling Matt? Looking for something larger?

Reactions: 1 user

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
What's your reason for selling Matt? Looking for something larger?
MX5400

WDF

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST/FEL
Jan 4, 2021
Central Florida
How do you like the summit 3rd function?
If you decide to sell, I'd be interested in the grapple, QH, and possibly the cutter. I'm one state south of you.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Thanks for the comments, yes I am looking for bigger. Not just me, FIL needs help and he would be footing half the bill of the MX. I 100% love the LX, but I believe I would be a dummy to pass this opportunity up. We are not in a rush by any means, so if I keep the LX awhile, I won’t mind.

I was thinking start about 30 with everything and not take less than 26. I would like to move as a package, rather than “parting out” so to speak.

I like the summit kit. Easy install and works well.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Thanks for the comments, yes I am looking for bigger. Not just me, FIL needs help and he would be footing half the bill of the MX. I 100% love the LX, but I believe I would be a dummy to pass this opportunity up. We are not in a rush by any means, so if I keep the LX awhile, I won’t mind.

I was thinking start about 30 with everything and not take less than 26. I would like to move as a package, rather than “parting out” so to speak.

I like the summit kit. Easy install and works well.
You will realize more selling items individually than if you try to sell as a package.

It will be tough to get 75% of new price. Less for implements and accessories.

SDT

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You will realize more selling items individually than if you try to sell as a package.

It will be tough to get 75% of new price. Less for implements and accessories.

SDT
That sounds overly pessimistic to me. Tractor is essentially new with only 25 hours on it.

Could be a realistic assessment regarding the implements, which also sound like new condition though.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
That sounds overly pessimistic to me. Tractor is essentially new with only 25 hours on it.

Could be a realistic assessment regarding the implements, which also sound like new condition though.
Depends on what you're competing with. In normal times, you're competing with a brand new tractor with 0% financing for 60 or 80 months. In that world, I definitely wouldn't buy at 90% of new, for 10% extra I get actually new with a dealer relationship and financing. 80% would be about my threshold to think about it. 75% starts to sound like good buying.

Of course, it's not normal times. If I can have the lightly used on at 10% of retail, but more importantly I can have it now and a new one has 3 months delivery time, then it starts to matter how urgently I need that tractor.

Reactions: 3 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Depends on what you're competing with. In normal times, you're competing with a brand new tractor with 0% financing for 60 or 80 months. In that world, I definitely wouldn't buy at 90% of new, for 10% extra I get actually new with a dealer relationship and financing. 80% would be about my threshold to think about it. 75% starts to sound like good buying.

Of course, it's not normal times. If I can have the lightly used on at 10% of retail, but more importantly I can have it now and a new one has 3 months delivery time, then it starts to matter how urgently I need that tractor.
I get the financing consideration. Not everyone has the cash to buy a used tractor even if it is like new with only 25 hours on it, or maybe 50 hours.

But a lot of people do have the cash available. So I guess it boils down to what the market will bear... Still I think expecting a like new tractor to sell for 75% of its purchase price is pessimistic. Do not think that would be fair value, but fair is what the market will pay.

I never sell things...just buy it seems...but in this case I would suggest the owner start higher than SDT suggested, and lower the price gradually until the tractor sells.

May do that with the 3PH backhoe that I have and will probably sell after buying an old mini ex...thinking that what I think is a realistic price may cause me grief. Better to start high and sell for the expected price, and make the new owner feel good kind of thing, I guess...

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I get the financing consideration. Not everyone has the cash to buy a used tractor even if it is like new with only 25 hours on it, or maybe 50 hours.

But a lot of people do have the cash available. So I guess it boils down to what the market will bear... Still I think expecting a like new tractor to sell for 75% of its purchase price is pessimistic. Do not think that would be fair value, but fair is what the market will pay.

I never sell things...just buy it seems...but in this case I would suggest the owner start higher than SDT suggested, and lower the price gradually until the tractor sells.

May do that with the 3PH backhoe that I have and will probably sell after buying an old mini ex...thinking that what I think is a realistic price may cause me grief. Better to start high and sell for the expected price, and make the new owner feel good kind of thing, I guess...
I too would price it higher than 75% of what a new one would sell for from the local dealer.

That said, it's going to be tough to get it. Dealer is not going to offer that on trade in.

Dealers usually offer 50% of selling price on used but nearly new implements/accessories.

SDT

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Matt, how long have you had the tractor? I would think any good dealer would work with you on trading that back in; 25 hours is nothing.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Matt, how long have you had the tractor? I would think any good dealer would work with you on trading that back in; 25 hours is nothing.
Brought it home in June or July 20. Rolled to 32 hrs today loading logs for fire wood.
I’ve talked to the salesman that sold it, and asked about trade towards bigger. If it was him, he would give 20-22. But the dealer would probably offer high teens.
He told me it should sell quick at 25-28.

Figured I’d start at 30 for a few weeks and go down gradually. My bottom is 26, if it doesn’t sell for that, I’ll keep it and tell FIL I can’t go in halves.

FUSE

Equipment
B3350-B2650-Z125s-KX008-Bobcat MT100-Case/Davis TF310
May 24, 2017
North Dakota
I think he's in the ballpark with his asking guys.... it's a sellers market right now for used tractors (and new really) as inventory is substantially low.....i have contemplated unloading both my b's for larger just because its a top dollar market in my region. Literally 0 inventory

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Doesn't matter what you have into it. Look at the same package at the local dealer. Figure out how much it would cost someone to buy that same setup locally (new - with tax and other fees).

That's the real comparison - buyers will be comparing to what they would pay to buy that same package.

Then the big question is how much to reduce. For me, saving 2-3k on a ~30k purchase isn't worth it unless it's coming from someone I know and know the history of the machine. (But that's just me). I'd start some what high on asking and then reduce if need be.

Good luck!

WDF

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST/FEL
Jan 4, 2021
Central Florida
Matt, good luck with the sale.
If you find a buyer who doesn't want all the pieces keep me in mind.
Seems like a good opportunity to trade up, and also good timing to sell a lightly used tractor in this market.

The week after I bought my L2501, a local had basically the same tractor with all the implements for a great price and I would have purchased it.