What About Your Tractor Makes You Swear?

Dant897

Apr 19, 2020
Mountain Home
Regarding the breaking level indicator I believe it is an actual Factory / Design Problem for this LA534A.

When the bucket is curled in (load mode) all the way, (part #7J056-62720 Link(8)) Hits (part # 7J057-65510 Cover (tube)) stopping it's movement, but the bucket continues for another 2-3 mm shearing off (part # 7J056-62800 Pin (1,link)).

It is a Mechanical Engineers design error.

My dealer want me bring it in so they can trouble shoot it (fix it).

What, where did it break at on yours ?

Just wondering, since your's broke three times, do they keep replacing the pin ?

Need either a shorter link, or grind out little spot on the Cover tube IMHO.
I have the same problem on my 2020 B2650... I don't see an adjustment to limit the bucket movement and avoid shearing off the pin... Original pin lasted 17 hours, replacement 5 min.

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Have a few gripes about my L3301, and most I have made mods to suit me.
But one that leaves me baffled is why Kubota made the grill screen that can only be removed with loader in the raised position. Very counterintuitive toward safety & convenience.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The worn paint on the edge of the step (on every Kubota I have ever seen). A simple piece of clear vinyl or some grip tape takes care of the eyesore rust spot. You would think Kubota would have figured it out by now.

I don't like the throttle dipping every time I use the foot step. It flexes the floorboard which must have some connection to the throttle linkage.

Last edited:

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Can't clean the radiator screen without raising the loader.

All the other daily maintenance items seem fairly easy, this one is a pain.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I have the same problem on my 2020 B2650... I don't see an adjustment to limit the bucket movement and avoid shearing off the pin... Original pin lasted 17 hours, replacement 5 min.
I don't understand what you are describing. I have not had any issues with mine at all. Perhaps something was installed incorrectly?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The worn paint on the edge of the step (on every Kubota I have ever seen). A simple piece of clear vinyl or some grip tape takes care of the eyesore rust spot. You would think Kubota would have figured it out by now.

I don't like the throttle dipping every time I use the foot step. It flexes the floorboard which must have some connection to the throttle linkage.
Same issue with my M's but I just keep a can of ROPS grey handy and paint as required. Least the worm off paint. My steps secure to the ROPS frame.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSleddog View Post

Same issue with my M's but I just keep a can of ROPS grey handy and paint as required. Least the worm off paint. My steps secure to the ROPS frame.

I’m no lightweight (245 lbs) but there’s NO interaction between floorplate and throttle. I did find the foot-throttle would rub as I used it but I think that was because someone had kicked it...it was a simple matter to bend it back to the center of the slot. Nor do I experience any flexing of the floorplate (but the tunnel cover will flex if I stand on it.) As for the paint on the floor and step wearing thin... If that’s all you got to bitch about you ain’t got much, IMO. Kubota has some floormats or you can cut some for yourself...but you’ll then deal with rust from moisture-retention.
Flip has a simple solution... rattle-can paint.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
The 3 point position control adjustment knob on my L2501!
Really tough to get a good grip on that little knob the way it’s next to the fender. Gloves on? Forget about it! Lol.
I think I read a thread about modifying it which I will search for.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I’m no lightweight (245 lbs) but there’s NO interaction between floorplate and throttle. I did find the foot-throttle would rub as I used it but I think that was because someone had kicked it...it was a simple matter to bend it back to the center of the slot. Nor do I experience any flexing of the floorplate (but the tunnel cover will flex if I stand on it.) As for the paint on the floor and step wearing thin... If that’s all you got to bitch about you ain’t got much, IMO. Kubota has some floormats or you can cut some for yourself...but you’ll then deal with rust from moisture-retention.
Flip has a simple solution... rattle-can paint.
I weigh about 175 and it doesn't matter if I use the step or step directly up to the edge of the platform,the RPM's will dip.

I am probably going to reinforce that side of the platform.

The B2650 has rubber floor mats. I am talking about the edge of the step/platform of EVERY kubota I have ever seen. You would think after making few tractors for a few years they could figure that out.

powersrp

Equipment
B3350
Apr 2, 2017
Indian River MI
Hooking up the 3 point mower, it never fails your gonna get grease on you from the wheel spindles while hooking up the drive shaft, how about sum plastic caps or something, i spent a cpl hours the other day cleaning them up but first time i grease it, mess again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
It is a good thing to onl have such minuscule complaints but here goes:
1. The hst sight glass is annoying
2. The turn signal switch is the perfect spot for your knee to inadvertently turn it on.
After 6 years that is all I got.

Oh wait I have another one and it is much more important. The tractor keeps moving a little after I take my foot off the HST pedal. I have greased and lubed everything I can think of but it still happens in winter cold. I work around it but it takes a lot of care moving snow close to buildings.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
B2650 - 330 hours

- Right leg hits loader lever. Especially with large winter boots on, and looking back over right shoulder. Can unintentionally drop bucket or forks while moving.
- Hinge is already broken on plastic toolbox.
- Steering column boot always loosens. Same on backhoe control levers.
- Exhaust blackens loader cross member, and back of snow blower.
- 3-point lower arms are really tight to install on tractor.
- I always forget to tuck the air intake inside the engine compartment for snow blowing season. The air filter fills up with snow dust.
- Snow builds up against radiator pre-screen, melts, and builds up ice between rad and screen. Can be quite thick and take for ever to melt and clean up.
- MAJOR ISSUE!! - cup holder won't fit my favorite mug. BUMMER. Get it together, Kubota.

That's about it for now.

No show stoppers here, a great machine.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I do have a pet peeve with my open station M9000. The barn cats have discovered the seat and sleep on it all the time and I wind up with cat prints and dirt on the seat cover which I need to remove before I use it.....:eek:

My cabin M9000 has no issue. It has doors and they stay closed so no cats on the seat. They sleep on the hood instead.:eek:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Hooking up the 3 point mower, it never fails your gonna get grease on you from the wheel spindles while hooking up the drive shaft, how about sum plastic caps or something, i spent a cpl hours the other day cleaning them up but first time i grease it, mess again

I keep a pair of leather work gloves in the tool box on each of mine so when I'm hooking up implements, my hands stay clean.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Absolutely with the gloves. I put them on before I approach my tractor to do anything, including driving. Long sleeves also.

It all comes about with age. :rolleyes:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I do have a pet peeve with my open station M9000. The barn cats have discovered the seat and sleep on it all the time and I wind up with cat prints and dirt on the seat cover which I need to remove before I use it.....:eek:

My cabin M9000 has no issue. It has doors and they stay closed so no cats on the seat. They sleep on the hood instead.:eek:
You got nothing to complain about..... Until you discover MOUSE TRACKS on your seat. LOL

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO

Look at it this way:since tractors were invented, farmers in the field (away from their wife and kids) have no doubt long used colorful language while hooking up implements. It's a good way for us modern folk to keep in touch with those who have gone before us, like putting on tire chains, it is what it is, and always will be. That attitude makes it less stressful for me anyway, and it's a real bonus when it goes slick and fast (never.)

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO

Don't know about your M9000, but I have trained myself to always flip the seat up on my 3301, which irritates the dog and cat no end as they otherwise will camp out there. Talking to a neighbor down the road the other day, who was running a borrowed 3301 for a few days, without even thinking, I reached over and flipped the seat up, as the tractor was off and parked. Keeps the sun off it too.