Winter?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
After seeing all the post by everyone that bought their cab tractors and new blowers and not being able to use them.......here I am in northern Ontario, on Lake Superior and it's plus 5*C in January!!

Was just outside finding that perfect balance of scraping my melted base off without loading the lawns with gravel.

If you look through the trees across the street you can see even the inland bay of the lake has not even froze this year.

Attachments

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
We have had our share down here in the lower end of the Kootenays too. Twice the snow of the last few years and it's only January!

Fractal

Equipment
L2501
Dec 27, 2016
Billings, Mt
I posted this in another thread, but this was out place outside Billings, Mt a couple weeks ago. It has melted down quite a bit since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
A very mild January here in Maine. On the weather tonight it showed only 4 days of January were average temperature. All the rest of the days were above average. A few snow storms this winter. One was 22" but the rest were 6-8". Today it was 50*F with a lot of melting going on.
And don't forget the maple sap Eh .....

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I saw your other post Fractal. That is quite the view and area you have there.

Nice tractor too!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I saw your other post Fractal. That is quite the view and area you have there.

Nice tractor too!
I agree 100% with ItBmine! Beautiful spot and tractor.

My first thought when I saw your other thread - is there a possibility that snow fence might help some of the drifting?

Looks like the flat areas have little snow on them, but it collects around the buildings?

Snow fence is commonly put up by road crews around here for the same reason, especially when houses, barns, etc are close to the public road.

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
I've asked winter to hold off until I've finished building my cab. Now that I'm just about done, temps drop next week and flurries aren't far behind.

Fractal

Equipment
L2501
Dec 27, 2016
Billings, Mt
I agree 100% with ItBmine! Beautiful spot and tractor.

My first thought when I saw your other thread - is there a possibility that snow fence might help some of the drifting?

Looks like the flat areas have little snow on them, but it collects around the buildings?

Snow fence is commonly put up by road crews around here for the same reason, especially when houses, barns, etc are close to the public road.
I may experiment with some snow fence, however, we live in a spot surrounded by cliffs, both above and below, so the wind is constantly changing direction, it can literally be blowing from the east one minute, change to the west, and then 20 min later be coming from the north, I don't know if snow fence would help or cause more issues.

itsaz

Equipment
BX2670, FEL, Box Blade, Wood Chipper, Rotary Cutter
Oct 14, 2016
Wichita Falls, TX
Pffft! Why just last month we had the mother of all blizzards blow thru here. Schools closed, traffic was snarled, store shelves were empty. It was a nightmare, I tell 'ya!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I take my snow pretty serious,and its no fair youse guys making light of us guys up north that have to deal with minus a million degrees below and a hunderd feet of snow.
Actually i was on a two week cruise during the coldest weather you could imagine...
We are supposed to get a few inches in a couple days. Temps have been above average and there is water in the ditches under the snow.heard there was some flooding already, more like water backing up in fields.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Man - they're yelling chance of 3-4 feet of lake effect north of us - Tug Hill region. We had 6" of mixed frozen snot the other day - nor'easter from the east/south, but other places got more.

Sometimes its good to be in the middle......:D

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Man, I don't know what you northerners are complainin' about. A few weeks ago we got a good 3/4 of an inch ALL IN ONE NIGHT. I mean, it was pretty touch and go there for a while. :p
I'll take some snow, ice and rain and the cooler weather over the terrible heat you guys have down south! I can put in a jacket on and go do anything. In that nasty heat all you can do is hide in the A/C indoors.