Winter?

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Man - they're yelling chance of 3-4 feet of lake effect north of us - Tug Hill region. We had 6" of mixed frozen snot the other day - nor'easter from the east/south, but other places got more.

Sometimes its good to be in the middle......:D
I watched a youtube video abou plowing tug hill in the early days, they dont make men like that any more.
https://youtu.be/4MJv6b0q6WIy

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I watched a youtube video abou plowing tug hill in the early days, they dont make men like that any more.
https://youtu.be/4MJv6b0q6WIy
Holy smokes, Frank - there was a reference to the Town of Pompey in there!!

Pompey really isn't in the Tug Hill - it's a little south and east of Syracuse, but a higher elevation. It's always windy there, and man, can it get lake effect if the wind is right. Was only 20 miles as the crow flies from our place, but much different with the snow.

I have relatives, some of who still live there.

As a kid, remember going to their place in the winter - and snow would be winged/shelved back half way up the power poles!!

Thanks so much for that - really appreciated.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Holy smokes, Frank - there was a reference to the Town of Pompey in there!!

Pompey really isn't in the Tug Hill - it's a little south and east of Syracuse, but a higher elevation. It's always windy there, and man, can it get lake effect if the wind is right. Was only 20 miles as the crow flies from our place, but much different with the snow.

I have relatives, some of who still live there.

As a kid, remember going to their place in the winter - and snow would be winged/shelved back half way up the power poles!!

Thanks so much for that - really appreciated.
When i get a little bothered by all the snow, i watch that video, then i feel much better about my driveway

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
I upgraded from a 2wd tractor with single stage 42" blower and unheated cab to a 4wd kubota with dual stage 60" blower and heated cab, and this is what I get for it. A brief dusting in early december and nothing else.