Wind

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I just walked over the hill to see what trees are down,, I wont have to go to far for a couple loads of wood Im thinking. One fair size maple is toast all the ash trees are dead, bark is falling off, and a bunch of black locust trees broken off and one big old gal you can watch the roots move up and down when the wind blows,,, SO come spring I guess I start cutting wood again :D

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
We (Northern MI) are getting big snow preceded by over an inch of rain. It is the worst king of precipitation. Sloppy heavy, snow blower and tree unfriendly. Cleanup will take awhile for sure. My white pines are breaking branches off regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
I HATE the wind!
Snow, Rain, Hot, Cold, even Mud Season's ok. The power has been out here for awhile. Not sure how long, been out in the barn and pastures tying things down and retrieving things that were not.
Did I mention that,
I HATE the Wind!

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I wish i had a wood burner to offset the cost of LP.

We're getting hammered by wind here today, showing a steady 38mph sith gusts up to 50. So far, it has ripped off a section of Fascia towards the peak of the roof on my house, pushed in the top of one garage door on my double door garage that faces the wind, and massive amounts of tree limbs down all over the property.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
So far so good here. Just rain (as predicted) and wind (as predicted), guy down the road will be getting a new roof, his roof is in the road for the most part. Still on utility power too.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wind was bad here last night. 60 to 70 plus mph. Was a little freaky when I walked the dog around 11 pm :D She did her business and dragged me back to the house. I'm thinking she was the smart one and questioning my sanity :D

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
waiting for it to reach eastern pa. I just hope it isn't anything like we got last march...lots of rain and high wind destroyed areas in the poconos. There was much destruction up near my moms place. White pine blow downs everywhere and power was out for nearly 10 days in places up there.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not supposed to peak here (SE Michigan) until 8PM tonight. It's been blowing hard all day and seems to be getting steadily worse. The guy down the road now has a naked roof.:eek:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I suspect there will be a boatload of insurance claims next week Everything here is holding together so far. I'll have to inspect everything tomorrow... other than the guy down the road with no roof....:eek:

I would not want to be driving a high profile vehicle on any N-S road today.

I always find it amazing that try as we might (as humans) in the quest to control everything from the enviroment (global warming) to creation of jobs, the one thing we cannot control is the weather and weathermen are like politicians, they can lie and still be right.

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Just read in the news about a car pileup on I41 near Neenah WI yesterday due to the wind causing whiteout conditions. One fatality and 71 injured. Take care you people out east.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Man I have a bud and his girlfriend headed out yesterday morning to Williamsburg Va with their aluminum stock trailer to pick up a half dozen American Milking Devon cows. Kind of worried cause they went over the mountains. Maybe they were ahead of it all the way down those light stock trailers are like a big sail in the wind

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
We had (and still do) high winds from Sunday morning through today. A couple gusts around 62. The rain stayed south of us for once. Not dealing with that at least. No issue with property damage and from what I can see from the house, a few large branches down. Nothing I wanted to get up close and personal with yesterday during the height of the storm. Lost my flag pole during one of the high gusts. No flag up but it bent it right over. Other than that, no structure damage. Most of my dead ash are still standing. Our dogs are exhausted. Neither would lay down and sleep during the storm yesterday or last night. I imagine now with the winds down to the mid teens, they are out cold.

A few houses down the road they have a mess to clean up with the roof being peeled up off a couple barns. Lucky that most of the tin was caught in tree lines and didn't make it too far.

CSX is running on schedule on the line by my house so they aren't dealing with downed trees and if they are, they are clearing them quick. Average around 15 trains a day on this stretch of single track.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Man I have a bud and his girlfriend headed out yesterday morning to Williamsburg Va with their aluminum stock trailer to pick up a half dozen American Milking Devon cows. Kind of worried cause they went over the mountains. Maybe they were ahead of it all the way down those light stock trailers are like a big sail in the wind
Winds here in VA have been strong 60+ mph - took my youngest son a generator two days ago - power was out , picked it up yesterday (25 minute trip) and as soon as I got home - he called again, power was out ! Boys on the poles had to stop working at one point...wind was too strong.

Winds are playing hell with all the saturated soil from the rain - big trees do not have a chance!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Lots of damage here, thankfully, from what I can see (looking quickly) none to the farm but I need to look closer after I get back from my doctors appointment at noon.

Folks down the way across the road got slammed. Lost about 3/4 of their roof, run in sheds flattened, barn has a huge tree lying on it smack in the middle. Still windy here but not like yesterday or yesterday night and it's cold, 20 outside.

I heard that many around us have no power and probably lack the foresight to have a genny and furnaces don't run with no juice so I suspect a lot of clod folks and frozen pipes in the making.

I really hate the wind....

kbrothers

Equipment
b2150 HST loader/hoe
Dec 1, 2013
Ebensburg,Pa
Got one piece of metal bent up on the shed roof and hoping the rain is done. Will need to check out camp sometime soon too.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
Wind is a way of life here in the bush.. We are in between the coastal mountains and east slope of the Rockies open to the Yukon.

It hasn't snowed for a full week, but every morning I have to plow what drifts during the night.

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Caribou north of us has had 16 1/2 feet of snow so far this winter and the drifting from this wind closed US Rt. 1 up there. Snowmobiles couldn't go. Should be spring in another couple of months. We have a skidder coming to the house Friday to try to pull some trees closer to the wood boiler.