Wicked 55 root rake grapple .

Tunahead

Equipment
B2650, LA534 loader, BH77 hoe.
Nov 27, 2020
Cape Cod, MA
Has anyone (else) been waiting for there grapple from Everthing Attachment. Ordered on March 23, 2023 still waiting for fullfillment. Told today maybe another 3 weeks or so.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Typical delay for the EA grapple. It was like that before COVID and still like that, but a little longer post-COVID. I think mine took 8 weeks to arrive which was pre-COVID.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
For the past few years, pretty much everyone that orders a grapple from EA is waiting for months. Demand was just super high. So yes I waited 4 or 5 months and you are waiting also. I ordered mine in late Fall 2022 so I would have it before this Spring when it was needed. I got it in early Jan. That said it is a great attachment to have.

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
Has anyone (else) been waiting for there grapple from Everthing Attachment. Ordered on March 23, 2023 still waiting for fullfillment. Told today maybe another 3 weeks or so.
At the risk of starting a war with the EA fanboyz, try Homestead Implements. Mine is very well built, Pinnacle series. And I think some in stock. Also, 10% military discount. Good Luck!

Reactions: 3 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
About a month ago they estimated 5 months (roughly Oct) when I was shopping grapples (and that was for the root grapple).

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
At the risk of starting a war with the EA fanboyz, try Homestead Implements. Mine is very well built, Pinnacle series. And I think some in stock. Also, 10% military discount. Good Luck!

Not sure about the grapples, but I have a Homestead Pinnacle series Box Blade and I am very pleased with it.

I appreciated the military discount, and it was delivered within their specified time frame, which I can't remember how long it was, but it was something on the order of 12 weeks back in the dark days of Covid.

Edit: Now that I reread it, you already ordered it.....As you were.....

Reactions: 1 users

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
Another happy Homestead Pinnacle grapple user here. Have the 55" (and did cross-shop with the EA Wicked 55).

Folks seem happy with their EA grapples though so hopefully the "just a few more weeks" update is accurate and you're up and running soon. I use the grapple more than anything else on the FEL.

Reactions: 1 user

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Am I mistaken or does EA use non-greasable bolts for some of the pivot point shafts? I think I liked most of the rest of the construction details on their grapples.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Am I mistaken or does EA use non-greasable bolts for some of the pivot point shafts? I think I liked most of the rest of the construction details on their grapples.
All the pivot points on my wicked 55 have grease fitting. Also they sent me the added sawtooth bar that they updated the grapple with earlier this year. I ended up welding it in on a different place than they suggested. But for what I use mine for it works really good at breaking& pulling the small roots on the surface ( or just below) in my woods.

Attachments

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
As Daferris stated, mine has greaseable points on it. Last Saturday all the points got greased. I do it at the same time I grease the loader, which is about every third use.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Some points have zerk fittings, others use a drilled bolt with a zerk installed.
Thanks for the responses folks. That’s good to know. I just saw pictures and could tell some pivot points were bolts with a nut in the other end. If they are drilled and have zerks, that’s what I’d expect for a quality product.

BensBX

Mar 7, 2017
Baltimore, Ohio
Just sold my older extinct Landpride grapple and researching SSQA for my BX24. Seems difficult to find anyone who isn't back logged with long wait times and I ran across Homestead with their Independence series at a good price point and supposedly 2 week delivery. I've not heard much about Homestead and your post builds confidence. I've considered the add-on Precision but leery of the small size and ability to pick up piles of small brush. Appreciate thoughts.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Just sold my older extinct Landpride grapple and researching SSQA for my BX24. Seems difficult to find anyone who isn't back logged with long wait times and I ran across Homestead with their Independence series at a good price point and supposedly 2 week delivery. I've not heard much about Homestead and your post builds confidence. I've considered the add-on Precision but leery of the small size and ability to pick up piles of small brush. Appreciate thoughts.
I have seen the Homestead grapples in several videos and they seem to be made well, yet I have no firsthand experience with them. Based on what I have seen in videos, I would be willing to give them a gamble, although I will tell you I have been 100% pleased with my EA grapple except for the wait to get it.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Just be aware that Homestead has from what I understand different levels of what I would call "durability" of their grapples. On a BX it might not matter as much as it would with a bigger heavier tractor that would have more mass that could bend/break a lighter duty grapple.

BensBX

Mar 7, 2017
Baltimore, Ohio
Just be aware that Homestead has from what I understand different levels of what I would call "durability" of their grapples. On a BX it might not matter as much as it would with a bigger heavier tractor that would have more mass that could bend/break a lighter duty grapple.
I agree with you about durability as that makes sense when considering large tractors and more commercial use. I'm thinking the BX size grapple is more than adequate for residential use.

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
The Independence series is the lighter duty of the two, Pinnacle is heavier duty. Very pleased with grapple and box blade I bought from them. Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I bought a grapple from Mid-State Attachments, and it did not have greasable pins/bolts.
I drilled the pin/bolt ends, tapped, then cross drilled, and added zerks.
The Mid-States Attachments price was significantly less than others.

That said: EA stuff is top quality in every way.
I had determined that I did not need a top quality grapple, for my very light, very occasional use.