Wicked 55 root rake grapple .

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
I chimed in above, but since the question was raised again, I'm very happy with the quality of my Homestead purchases...grapple, land plane, and landscape rake.

Also happy with my EA forks...

...and my Woodland Mills Chipper.

...and my land pride rotary cutter

Reactions: 1 user

Hyperborean

Equipment
L3902, LP FM2560, EA WRG 55, Split-Fire 3403, Wallenstein BXM42, and more
Apr 26, 2023
Texas
It took 4 months to get mine when I ordered it in October 2022, but has been worth it. I use it on a L3902.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
About a month ago they estimated 5 months (roughly Oct) when I was shopping grapples (and that was for the root grapple).
[/QUOT

EA apparently has apparently had a major hiccup that few of us are aware of.

They had a planned major plant expansion, and were about about to expand production dramatically, but the completed new facility apparently did not pass a final structural code inspection.

Now they are trying as hard as they can to fill orders, using their current/old facility, while a building contractor court fight rages on.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I bought a grapple from Mid-State Attachments, and it did not have greasable pins/bolts.
I drilled the pin/bolt ends, tapped, then cross drilled, and added zerks.
The Mid-States Attachments price was significantly less than others.

That said: EA stuff is top quality in every way.
I had determined that I did not need a top quality grapple, for my very light, very occasional use.
I'm just curious why you drilled the bolts yourself? They are only $27 ea for 7/8 gr 8 bolts.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'm just curious why you drilled the bolts yourself? They are only $27 ea for 7/8 gr 8 bolts.
Very simple answer.
My grapple steel is (cheap) A36.
That is relatively soft stuff, and I absolutely did not want grade 8 bolts wearing on it..... even WITH grease.
I threaded the ends of short pieces of brass rod (wanted, but could not find bronze) as pins, put lock nuts on each end, and added an end zerk.
Brass is easy to thread and drill too.
The threaded brass pins (with grease) will take whatever wear there may be, rather than the A36 steel.
The pins could be easily replaced if need be,...... likely, with no wear to the A36 grapple steel itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Very simple answer.
My grapple steel is (cheap) A36.
That is relatively soft stuff, and I absolutely did not want grade 8 bolts wearing on it..... even WITH grease.
I threaded the ends of short pieces of hard brass rod as pins, put lock nuts on each end, and added an end zerk.
Brass is easy to thread and drill too.
The threaded brass pins (with grease) will take whatever wear there may be, rather than the A36 steel.
The pins could be easily replaced if need be,...... likely, with no wear to the A36 grapple steel itself.
Well, that does make sense! Sacrifice the cheap part!

Reactions: 1 user