What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Finished the assembly today :) I am getting old though. Everything seemed heavy :(
Didn't have to cut the pto shaft. iirc my last WC68 was the same, shaft good the way it came.
Filled it will hydraulic fluid, started it up to let the air get purged and then topped it off. It really took 5 gallons to fill it but couldn't take another pint.
Some final assembly pics. Too bad its been raining. I won't be able to take it out for several days - until the lawn dries out.

View attachment 125152
View attachment 125153
View attachment 125154
That is a magnificent looking piece of machinery!

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
My 1880 is taking a nap after a week of snow removal. Hoping no more snow so I can put the mower deck back on to get ready for cutting grass.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I hadn't put the loader on in a while. Bet it took me almost 20 minutes to do so. Had one of the couplers not seat at first.

I was astonished that run time on the meter was only 22 hours since last oil change of 4/1/2023, so just a year. I'll change it in the fall.

Didn't have any driveway projects, etc. last spring or fall. Virtually no snow removal this past winter. Just cut grass last year.

@hagrid -- taken me 11 years, but just realized I bought a stinkin' lawnmower..... :mad: ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I hadn't put the loader on in a while. Bet it took me almost 20 minutes to do so. Had one of the couplers not seat at first.

I was astonished that run time on the meter was only 22 hours since last oil change of 4/1/2023, so just a year. I'll change it in the fall.

Didn't have any driveway projects, etc. last spring or fall. Virtually no snow removal this past winter. Just cut grass last year.

@hagrid -- taken me 11 years, but just realized I bought a stinkin' lawnmower..... :mad: ;)
I had to fiddle with my loader for awhile because one of the cylinders was extended farther out than the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
20240329_140448.jpg

Discovered a small fire on my place.
Wind gusts up to 40mph today, almost 150ft away and the neighbor started fires yesterday.

I can't stress this enough, it's always good to call or text your neighbors if you plan on burning.
^ Agree with that or disagree??

Unfortunately I have 75yr old neighbor and I guess he doesn't give a phuck. Well he got an ass chewing(in a nice way) from me today. Back in January, I verbally told him to let me know when he burns. A week or two later, he starts burning again, and I politely sent him a text. Pretty sure get got mad at me cause we haven't talked till today.
I told him, if it was one of my renter's that discovered the fire, the fire department would have been called. Then he goes on to tell me that I could have called him instead of the FD, and then I said, you didn't alert me that you were burning.... no fire department wasn't called today, but if this scenario happens again, I can guarantee we will probably not talk again, cause I would consider pressing charges against the crusty old man.
Screenshot_20240329_154811_Messages.jpg

Drove the SVL75 back there to scape the brush away and covered the embers with some soil. I wouldn't be surprised if another lites off this evening. On the way back, I decided to clean out my sand trap and put the soil back on the road.

20240329_152003.jpg

20240329_151954.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Loaded up some concrete chunks and hauled them to my brother’s to dump in a washout along a hay field. It was the cab’s first road trip and it survived with nothing blowing off or rattling loose.
IMG_2597.jpeg
IMG_2596.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
View attachment 125205

Wind gusts up to 40mph today, almost 150ft away and the neighbor started fires yesterday.

I can't stress this enough, it's always good to call or text your neighbors if you plan on burning.

Unfortunately I have 75yr old neighbor and I guess he doesn't give a phuck. Well he got an ass chewing(in a nice way) from me today. Back in January, I verbally told him to let me know when he burns. A week or two later, he starts burning again, and I politely sent him a text. Pretty sure get got mad at me cause we haven't talked till today.
I told him, if it was one of my renter's that discovered the fire, the fire department would have been called. Then he goes on to tell me that I could have called him instead of the FD, and then I said, you didn't alert me that you were burning.... no fire department wasn't called today, but if this scenario happens again, I can guarantee we will probably not talk again, cause I would consider pressing charges against the crusty old man.
View attachment 125210

Drove the SVL75 back there to scape the brush away and covered the embers with some soil. I wouldn't be surprised if another lites off this evening. On the way back, I decided to clean out my sand trap and put the soil back on the road.

View attachment 125212

View attachment 125213
You are 100% right. Neighbors have an obligation to notify other neighbors of burning. Your neighbors will be the 1st to know & 1st to be affected by the burning. IMO, it’s common sense & how it is done in my neighborhood.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
View attachment 125205

View attachment 125210

View attachment 125212

View attachment 125213
Very disrespectful on his part. Hopefully you don't find any new fires on your travels tonight.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
After dark may make it easier to spot. :LOL:
The wind is slowly coming down and the humidity is slowly increasing.

You are 100% right. Neighbors have an obligation to notify other neighbors of burning. Your neighbors will be the 1st to know & 1st to be affected by the burning. IMO, it’s common sense & how it is done in my neighborhood.
Very disrespectful on his part. Hopefully you don't find any new fires on your travels tonight.
To add to the craziness, he told he put that fire out yesterday on my place.
I knew something was odd, but because of the winds, his footprints were already gone. I could see the disturbed soil in this small spot. The SOB should have notified me yesterday! I recorded our phone conversation, but he didn't tell me about the visit on the phone until he met me out there this afternoon.
Screenshot_20240329_192019_Gallery.jpg

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
The wind is slowly coming down and the humidity is slowly increasing.

To add to the craziness, he told he put that fire out yesterday on my place.
I knew something was odd, but because of the winds, his footprints were already gone. I could see the disturbed soil in this small spot. The SOB should have notified me yesterday! I recorded our phone conversation, but he didn't tell me about the visit on the phone until he met me out there this afternoon.
View attachment 125221
Geez what the heck. Some people!

It seems to me some have a “mind your own business” attitude that extends way too far. I’m a live and let live kinda guy. But c’mon. Be neighborly and warn someone when you may be lighting their place on fire, right?!?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Where I live in CT you have to call the fire department and they have to give you the OK to burn. If you even think it is getting out of control and you have already gotten permission to burn, they will come out and help to get it under control, without any penalty to you. If you didn't call for permission, then you can be sited and fined.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Apparently decapitated a rabbit. Sorry folks, Easter is canceled
I am not a liberal/crazy/tree hugger,.....but,....did I really need to see that picture?
....NO !!!!

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Being an eternal optimist, I removed the snowblower and parked it for the summer in one of the equipment bays. Moved the snow pusher in front of it and will give the rotary cutter a cleaning and service. Just another day puttering around and loving every minute of it. Most likely take the sxs after lunch for a few hours of bush time to see if the bears are waking up.
IMG_3421.JPEG
IMG_3422.JPEG
IMG_3428.JPEG

Reactions: 7 users