What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Here in the land of pine needles, I used the backhoe to dig a burn pit for the neighbors. Got paid with a 5 gallon jug of diesel. Way more than what I used!

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I swapped the bucket for the forks (my automated ssqa lock still works :) ). My son and I then moved this pigeon hole rack into the basement:
pigeon hole rack.JPG

I bought it at a government auction with plans to use it in my workshop to organize small parts / hardware. I had grossly underestimated how heavy the bugger was! The state worker loaded it into our pickup with the skid which made unloading with the forks much easier.

My WC88 was delivered to one of my company's branches yesterday and Tuesday one of their trucks will bring it over. Told them to bring a full size box truck with a liftgate as I'm not comfy trying to take it off with the tractor forks. Shipping weight is over 1000lbs and would rather be dealing with it on the forks when its 6" above the ground.

Reactions: 2 users

Realtor

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 19, 2024
Pensacola Fl
Being new to this Tractor thing, I did what every other new owner does... I have a whopping 4 hours on it... used the hooks to get a culti-packer off the trailer yesterday. Then parked the trailer with the tractor instead of the truck. ha. so I guess I've used all three things already.

Attachments

Reactions: 10 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Being new to this Tractor thing, I did what every other new owner does... I have a whopping 4 hours on it... used the hooks to get a culti-packer off the trailer yesterday. Then parked the trailer with the tractor instead of the truck. ha. so I guess I've used all three things already.
Since you mentioned new to tractors, just a word of caution. When using your loader bucket always be sure those two black handles shown in your first picture are always pushed down fully so the beveled pins at the bottom of them are in the slot to keep the bucket in place. Just a simple observation to save grief.

Reactions: 2 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I swapped the bucket for the forks (my automated ssqa lock still works :) ). My son and I then moved this pigeon hole rack into the basement:
View attachment 124740

I bought it at a government auction with plans to use it in my workshop to organize small parts / hardware. I had grossly underestimated how heavy the bugger was! The state worker loaded it into our pickup with the skid which made unloading with the forks much easier.

My WC88 was delivered to one of my company's branches yesterday and Tuesday one of their trucks will bring it over. Told them to bring a full size box truck with a liftgate as I'm not comfy trying to take it off with the tractor forks. Shipping weight is over 1000lbs and would rather be dealing with it on the forks when its 6" above the ground.
I took my WC68 (900 lbs ship weight) off a pup trailer with my LX, LA535, and clamp on forks which push the load about a foot farther out than the bucket edge. Only needed enough lift to clear the edge of the tailgate of the trailer and hold it, otherwise I was gonna be hosed. I lifted, and the driver pried the opposite end of the skid to about 2” clearance. The heaviest attachment I had at the time was the box blade, but my tires are loaded too, so I got it off. As soon as I cleared the end of the trailer I lowered the FEL to about 6” off the ground and backed up the driveway with it so that if it decided to lift, the skid would simply drag and stop me. Low range and 4x4 are your friends. I’ve lifted the rear tires a few times and nearly pinched a hole in the seat, but never to the point of a rollover risk. The LA535 typically runs out of lift (bypasses) before it can lift the rears. It’s got a bit more lift power with the grapple because of the closer lift point and lighter weight of the grapple, so I do have to be more careful when I pick up a large log. Of course I do have oversized tires since I have the SU model. With no attachment, the little LX has a big ol’ butt. Those tires are HEAVY.

Reactions: 4 users

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
Got 10 inches so far today. Still snowing so I'll hit it again later this evening or tomorrow.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Got 10 inches so far today. Still snowing so I'll hit it again later this evening or tomorrow.
Hmm, better thee than me. I cut grass today with my sleeves rolled up on the little orange machine (Husqvarna). I'd MUCH rather mow grass than move snow. I have no experience with the latter, but I live in the South for several reasons, and NONE of them is for the snowfall.

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
We got 14" here in Waterford where I am. It's pretty dense snow almost granular but dry. Road isn't frozen so the tractor plow gets the job. Light and easy to control. There are no snow banks any more so not being able to throw the snow to the side 10 yards isn't a problem. The 9' plow on the one-ton is way to heavy when the road isn't frozen. But when it is and I have a good snow road I can zing along and throw the snow a long way over 3 foot banks. Almost never have to push the banks back when I can use that.

I plowed about 8" off yesterday afternoon in the storm and another 6 or 7 this morning. A beautiful winter morning.

24_3_24-2.JPG

gg

Reactions: 8 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It ain't over till it's over. After a spring like start to March it was cold and snowed a little bit every day this week. It was 7*F this morning and if the weather man is right we are getting a foot or more of snow tonight and tomorrow. So I took off the grapple and put on the snow plow.

View attachment 124703

gg
I'm with you. It started to snow yesterday and I woke up to 6" or so on the ground at my place. I plugged in the block heater on the MX and will be out blowing snow to start with. I have the pallet forks on the loader at the moment but it's an easy swap to get the hydraulic angle snow blade back on. I have two tractors but the M6060 isn't my snow moving choice.

I just really like that M5640 with the cage ... cool tractor.

Reactions: 1 user

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Rototilling one of the gardens today. :LOL: Sure glad I don't live in the cold and snowy south!

Reactions: 3 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Got on the Orange and did some driveway work. Filled a low spot by the house and leveled out the apron and pulled all the rock back in that the neighbors kick out with their high speed entries and exits.

Attachments

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It was spring less than a week ago. 😂 Tuesday of last week and now this morning.

mx6000_yamaha_2.jpg

mx6000_03-24-24.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Ha, I was Winnipeg about 10 years ago, and it was mid May, of course the next day they got 6in of snow and all the kanuks were freaked out with that late snowfall.
I blame @RMS. What was he thinking removing his snow blower about a week ago? 😂

Tzerne5

Equipment
L4802 HST, BH92
Jan 26, 2024
Wisconsin
Was getting some brush work done. Then I got high pointed on a stump and played teeter totter until I tucked my tail between my legs and got help. Took some creative loader use, chains, and a pull vehicle to finally get me back in service :mad:

• Wow

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I put the grapple on and dug up some of the garden,, yeah I know no tiller ,,, hey it works if you go slow! Yinz guys up inthe Noreeast are gona get hit again I guess,, well at least the water tables will be up

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Just plowed 5 inches off mine and neighbors driveway. Did it a couple days ago too. Supposed to get 8 to 10 inches more overnight. My Kubota earned its keep. Love this machine.