What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Got the QA adapter all built.
Hope to get the hydraulic lines run this week to hook up the grapple.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I got it working, just not happy with the location and fit of the hydraulic lines, will be redoing them when more material comes in. ;)
But the grapple works perfectly.

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wolfman, looking great!!!! :D:D

We've had too much rain the past couple weeks to be able to mow. Last weekend it alternated between sunshine and gully washers. Rained off and on all week. Yesterday was sunshine and gully washers again. Today we've had a big thunder storm come through and has been raining for the past three hours at least :rolleyes: gonna need a full week of sunshine to dry everything out. Then it will be back to haying instead of mowing :rolleyes: haven't waded out to check the rain gauge to see what we've gotten so far.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Man, those lines are going everywhere! Medusa Kubota or Rastafarian Kubota! LOL!

I'm interested to see what you come up with when you re-work the lines. More pics in the mean-time would be very cool. Love the setup.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I hate you guys that can weld,,,snicker;)
Anyone can weld, it takes about 100 hours of YouTube and about 1000 hours of practice before you can get a decent looking weld... maybe not that much but I'm still working on my 1000 hours, I'll let you see my welds in 957 hours... :D

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Anyone can weld, it takes about 100 hours of YouTube and about 1000 hours of practice before you can get a decent looking weld... maybe not that much but I'm still working on my 1000 hours, I'll let you see my welds in 957 hours... :D
<whine> Aw, man! Yew got a hour meter on yer welder too? <crum!>

Central Joe

Equipment
B7100 Grading Blade Disc Roto Tiller Scarifer Rake 48" Finish Mower
Mar 26, 2015
South Carolina
Bushhog, bushhog, bushhog, yellow jackets! Swat,cuss,yell and swell. More bushhoging. Hope your day was better. joe

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Burning rods is the easy part,figuring out what im doing wrong is hard.
What i have learned so far is dont rush.
Slow your pass down,heat will help weld penetrate.

Used my little tractor to pull boats out of storage,having a hitch on three point is awesome.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Its never to late to learn something new, and there's lots of good welding equipment out there really cheap. I started getting serious about a month ago, and go out a couple of times a week and practice. I hope to be good enough for a couple of projects this year: A bucket extension for the fel and a skid plate for the BX.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Nice lookin' grapple Wolfman. What do you have controlling it with.....a separate lever or maybe a electrical 3rd function valve on the joystick?
I got one (a grapple) a few months back and had no idea it would be so useful. Always something that needs moving.
Just a simple spool valve for now, I'm going to change it to a electric as having one lever to run everything would be more convenient. ;)

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Nope, I figure it takes me about 3 hours of welding to burn through a pair of jeans and long sleeve shirt. On my 15th pair of clothes... so that tells me how long I've been a weldin'. Didn't think the cost in welding was just rods and metal did ya? :D

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Nope, I figure it takes me about 3 hours of welding to burn through a pair of jeans and long sleeve shirt. On my 15th pair of clothes... so that tells me how long I've been a weldin'. Didn't think the cost in welding was just rods and metal did ya? :D
You really want a challenge let one of those red hot BB's burn thru your pants and run down your leg into your boot. Test is see how fast you can unlace and get the boot off. You can do it faster than you think but it's never fast enough.

My tip of the day for new welders:

Keep a bottle of water close to your work, not to drink but to pour down your boot to cool the BB.

It not a question of will it happen but when will it happen. I've never met a welder that has never had a hot ball of fire go down the boot.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
You guys are scaring me away from the fine art of welding.. :D
No reason to be scared but there's a certain amount of pain involved with welding. I'll tell you something that you may want to check about. Go to your local welding supply store and get you a welding shirt. They are fire proof and also stop the bb's from burning thru your shirt to your belly. They don't cost much and will save you clothes. Might also look at getting a welding hat, keeps the top of your head from getting burned. :D