What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

09Ram

Equipment
09 Ram 2500, Grand L3830, GST, 6 ft Brushhog, 6 ft Box Blade, 8 ft Disk, Auger
Jun 8, 2013
Tahlequah, Ok
Congrats on this, fantastic!
A few growing pains up there on the 80... got there yesterday to cut lock and wide open gate. Luckily I have nothing stored up there...

Last edited:

09Ram

Equipment
Jun 8, 2013
Tahlequah, Ok
Was working on a food plot and a white oak was right in the way and causing some problems with ground level root issues so I pushed it down and out with my 38 HP Kubota L3830.

Skip44

Equipment
Jeeps, L2900, FEL, tiller, brush hog,post hole drill, rock rake
Feb 19, 2014
Alexander, Maine
A few growing pains up there on the 80... got there yesterday to cut lock and wide open gate. Luckily I have nothing stored up there...

Disrespect, this is one thing that gets my blood boiling. Up here when that happens land gets posted. I do hope that you find out who was there and you put a stop to the trespassing.

Skip

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sounds like a good place to set up a trail cam or 3 at least it might give you an idea what the car truck or maybe the guys looked like,, then a trip to the popo with the pics and a few words out on the street, in the local pub you know, if ya get my drift,, or maybe a couple old shingles with ohhh say 20 or 30 long roofing nails punched through partly buried in the tire tracks, worked really well on the 4 wheelers on my bud place,,, Just don't for get where you put them:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OHHHH I just thought of something,,, it could be somebody is prepping to do some mountain farming,, and I aint talkin moon shine:rolleyes:

09Ram

Equipment
Jun 8, 2013
Tahlequah, Ok
Disrespect, this is one thing that gets my blood boiling. Up here when that happens land gets posted. I do hope that you find out who was there and you put a stop to the trespassing.

Skip
The property we bought has never been fenced and has been used by the locals as public hunting since the early 1900s from what I can tell. My aunt and uncle owned it since 1976. My uncle died in 1999 and was the only person who ever went up there to deer hunt 1 or 2 days a year. She told me she was selling and wanted to know if we were interested before she listed it... we thought it over and purchased it with the intention of building our retirement home there... now I have to get my bluff in on the locals...

We posted the property along the county road as soon as the fence along that side was done. I have a trail cam on the gate now with huge chain and the round master locks that keep bolt cutters from getting to the hasp. Ordering a plot watcher I can conceal along the drive that takes pictures all day long while I am at work...

09Ram

Equipment
Jun 8, 2013
Tahlequah, Ok
OHHHH I just thought of something,,, it could be somebody is prepping to do some mountain farming,, and I aint talkin moon shine:rolleyes:
Haven't found any sign if that from years past... but wouldn't put it past them. Up that way it is more about deer hunting/poaching. All the neighbors Shoot continuously now as where we went up every weekend before we closed and never heard a shot 4 weeks in a row and now it sounds like a shooting range on both sides...

78-79fordman

Equipment
2013 m7040hd 2013 L3800HST 1969 MF135
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
Haven't found any sign if that from years past... but wouldn't put it past them. Up that way it is more about deer hunting/poaching. All the neighbors Shoot continuously now as where we went up every weekend before we closed and never heard a shot 4 weeks in a row and now it sounds like a shooting range on both sides...
Probley the neighbors that cut your lock . They probley have been using the land all these years . And think its there's . Probley a long road of problems with them .

I know I have some land that everyone thinks belongs to them even though its been fenced for 30 years . It's a Hassle to keep people off . Especially when ya don't live on the land .

09Ram

Equipment
Jun 8, 2013
Tahlequah, Ok
Probley the neighbors that cut your lock . They probley have been using the land all these years . And think its there's . Probley a long road of problems with them .

I know I have some land that everyone thinks belongs to them even though its been fenced for 30 years . It's a Hassle to keep people off . Especially when ya don't live on the land .
I totally agree. I wonder what I am going to run into when we decide to build up there...construction supplies will probably walk off...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
With 80 acres and a tractor that digs holes the problem could just up a disappear one day! :D

If you want to scare of some of them just put up "Danger Radiation Leak Hazard signs", but then again Idiots that don't care about locks don't usually know or care about reading! :mad:

78-79fordman

Equipment
2013 m7040hd 2013 L3800HST 1969 MF135
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
I totally agree. I wonder what I am going to run into when we decide to build up there...construction supplies will probably walk off...
Ya I would bring in a camper and have someone staying there at all times day and night During the build . And after built get a ruff looking dog or two . Then maybe after a year they will leave ya alone .

09Ram

Equipment
Jun 8, 2013
Tahlequah, Ok
Ya I would bring in a camper and have someone staying there at all times day and night During the build . And after built get a ruff looking dog or two . Then maybe after a year they will leave ya alone .
It's a shame that is what still happens in this country...

Skip44

Equipment
Feb 19, 2014
Alexander, Maine
I doubt that you will have a lot of problems when you build. Most people want their property respected just like you. But in every town there is someone that will try to bully you. All you have to do is let them know that you won't stand for it and they will calm down. Besides these people most likely aren't liked around town anyway.

Skip

09Ram

Equipment
Jun 8, 2013
Tahlequah, Ok
I doubt that you will have a lot of problems when you build. Most people want their property respected just like you. But in every town there is someone that will try to bully you. All you have to do is let them know that you won't stand for it and they will calm down. Besides these people most likely aren't liked around town anyway.

Skip
Yes, it is definitely bullying that is going on... I am going to make a game of it ;)

Skip44

Equipment
Feb 19, 2014
Alexander, Maine
Yes, it is definitely bullying that is going on... I am going to make a game of it ;)
Good for you, keep us updated. But now lets get back to our tractors. I put a new seat on mine. The old one was held together with duck tape but there was no padding. The new one was on sale at TSC for under $100.00. I like it because it has a spring that will cushion the ride. I will get a picture later but it's cold outside.

Skip

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
I widened our road that a neighbor plows. 3-4' wider on each side. Probably 1/2 mile long. moved those banks probably 30+ feet into the woods.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I widened our road that a neighbor plows. 3-4' wider on each side. Probably 1/2 mile long. moved those banks probably 30+ feet into the woods.
I'd like to see pics of that.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
The property we bought has never been fenced and has been used by the locals as public hunting since the early 1900s from what I can tell. My aunt and uncle owned it since 1976. My uncle died in 1999 and was the only person who ever went up there to deer hunt 1 or 2 days a year. She told me she was selling and wanted to know if we were interested before she listed it... we thought it over and purchased it with the intention of building our retirement home there... now I have to get my bluff in on the locals...

We posted the property along the county road as soon as the fence along that side was done. I have a trail cam on the gate now with huge chain and the round master locks that keep bolt cutters from getting to the hasp. Ordering a plot watcher I can conceal along the drive that takes pictures all day long while I am at work...
It's a shame when this happens, but not much you can really do about it.
Heavy gates, massive locks, high proof chains don't do any good if someone wants to gain access or haul something off. Barb wire fence only takes a good pair of pliers and a few seconds and it's Katy bar the door.

09Ram

Equipment
Jun 8, 2013
Tahlequah, Ok
It's a shame when this happens, but not much you can really do about it.
Heavy gates, massive locks, high proof chains don't do any good if someone wants to gain access or haul something off. Barb wire fence only takes a good pair of pliers and a few seconds and it's Katy bar the door.
I can block access along the fence line... my buddy has a case dozer. We pushed the trees back into a line on my side so I could drive down my fence... A few hours work and those lines can be 6" from that fence everywhere but the gate and I am pretty sure I can build something there with a welder and heavy pipe that would blockade that part too... I am just the guy to do all this stuff too ;)