What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

raptorfan85

Equipment
L2501, woodland mills wc46 chipper, 60" bolens finish mower, old cordwood saw
May 4, 2019
Richmond NH
Didn't do anything to or on my tractor, but did some thing for it. Built a lean to out of some wood I had lying around. Just in time for the rain too. Didn't come out half bad for someone with no carpentry skills.

Attachments

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Didn't do anything to or on my tractor, but did some thing for it. Built a lean to out of some wood I had lying around. Just in time for the rain too. Didn't come out half bad for someone with no carpentry skills.

Looks like it will work fine.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Finally got a break in the rain and broke the pressure washer out. Hey it really is Orange under all that caked on mud!

Attachments

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Moved a tone of stuff over the past few days. With forks on the three point I hauled out the brush hog on its skid, moved the finish mower and its skid, put a ton of crap on the forks and a skid. I have more to do we are scrapping a ton of stuff and moving everything from around the barn to get ready for a new coat of paint.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Moved a ton of stuff over the past few days. With forks on the three point I hauled out the brush hog on its skid, moved the finish mower and its skid, put a ton of crap on the forks and a skid. I have more to do we are scrapping a ton of stuff and moving everything from around the barn to get it ready for a new coat of paint.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Made the LAST 805 buck payment on my NH 450 Net / Twine round baler today. I buy all my equipment on quarterly payments, Kubota included. You can actually do monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or yearly payments. I like quarterly myself.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Well it looks like you have some skills....

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Sure does. It has a spring loaded lower platform that rolls the bale back a few feet. Had one that didn't. PITA. Long time ago.
Do you still have to weave back and forth to pack out the sides, or did they add a feature for that that too?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
bucktail, you ask, "Do you still have to weave back and forth to pack out the sides?"

The reason you might have to weave back and forth to fill the bale chamber is because the windrows are too narrow. Wider and full windrows eliminates the need to zig-zag to get enough hay in the baler! The problem is in the one operating the rake!!

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
bucktail, you ask, "Do you still have to weave back and forth to pack out the sides?"

The reason you might have to weave back and forth to fill the bale chamber is because the windrows are too narrow. Wider and full windrows eliminates the need to zig-zag to get enough hay in the baler! The problem is in the one operating the rake!!
The only one I ever ran a vermeer 706C. It was 6 feet wide. We never had windrows that wide

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Thanks, I guess you could call it a learn as you go process. YouTube is a great tool also lol.

If you want to see something built with no knowledge or skill search “shed of death” and enjoy the comments about it, it is evident that a structure can stand on good intentions only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Pulled out some old posts made of oil creosoted? railroad ties that were rotting and splitting after probably 40+ years in the ground. Then flattened some blackberries with the tractor - the thicket was over 6 feet tall and starting to take over the fenceline and harbouring mosquitos.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you want to see something built with no knowledge or skill search “shed of death” and enjoy the comments about it, it is evident that a structure can stand on good intentions only.
OH... the shed of death videos are so hard to watch! :eek:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Adjusted the 3PH feedback rod. It had been a minor irritation since buying the tractor last December. I knew to stop the control lever just short of all the way to keep it from bypassing. But one of my sons will be operating it soon and it's better to make it work as it should. Less than a 5 minute job. Makes no sense to have put it off for 7 months:eek:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

Got the back hoe home tonight,subframe and hydraulics installed. Fun part will be getting the hoe off the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Was quite interesting gettin the crate off the trailer and the hoe out of the crate,but managed to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Nice crate job if I don't say so myself. How did you get it off?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Nice crate job if I don't say so myself. How did you get it off?
Drug it to the back of the trailer with the tractor, the ran the toothbar into the crate as far as I could, took a ratchet strap and pulled it tight so I could pick it up over the lip of the trailer, then pulled it down the ramps. Little sketchy with no ballast on it but took it slow and it worked ok.

Was more fun picking the hoe up and getting jack stands under it in between the boards, the cutting it up with the chainsaw to get the crate out the way.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Do you still have to weave back and forth to pack out the sides, or did they add a feature for that that too?
All depends on how wide the windrow is. I like full pickup width windrows if possible but it's not always the case so with a narrow windrow, yes, I move back and forth, not weave, more like hold and then cross and hold again, watching the bar graph on the computer screen as it pertains to how the bale chamber is filling.

Baler is 100% computer controlled, I just occupy the seat and do what the computer tells me to do. Bale density, and bale diameter are pre set values. I can control the wrap, twine or net depending on what I want by pressing a button on the keypad and I can also wrap a less than pre set diameter bale by the key pad as well.

It's like a video game console.

My sole job is to open the tailgate and eject the bale and watch for issues that do crop up like net spread or twine not starting correctly but I can over ride the automatic features and wrap manually in net or twine if I need to. Very seldom do that. Very seldom get out of the air conditioned cab actually.

Sure came a long way from my first round baler with manual twine wrap where you had to do the one thousand one, one thousand two thing.

I can run 44" or 48" or 52" or 54" over the edge net or sisal or poly twine in any of 5 different wrap sequences or a custom sequence of I want to. I usually use the default sequence.

Always had New Holland nay tools, bit then NH is popular here. The exception is my rake. I use an H&S rotary rake (pull behind) that I'll upgrade this fall to a Kubota pull behind rotary rake and I have a Kuhn tedder that I rarely use.

All my balers have real time continuous moisture readout and my 575 square baler has proprionic acid application as well. If the RM goes above 18%, the acid automatically kicks in and applies the correct amount of greensaver.

Fun but expensive hobby.