What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Remounted the 34" cast center rear wheels. Now for the right outboard planetary seal replacement.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Drilled some holes to let the extra water ballast out of my ballast box tool holders and back blade.
ballast Drain.jpg
Back blade drains.jpg

Mounted the replacement quick hitch on my loader.
Replacement quck hitch.jpg

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Remounted the cast rear 34's (heavy about 1000 pounds each) and pulled the wheel on the right outboard planetary. I need to pull the planetary and install a new seal. Took out the old battery, drained the antifreeze and refilled that and proceeded to pressure wash the filth of of everything and most of the old grease is now on me..... probably take a couple times to get it all. The previous owner never washed it.

This week I'll do the planetary, change the fuel filter, drain and change to oil, and replace the filter and drain the separator and clean that.

It's coming along.

When it's done, I'll post up a picture of both the M's.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Modified the edge tamer extensions on my bucket to haul all the tree branches to the brush pile (instead of chaining them and dragging)

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Mowed for about an hour, scared a little fawn, just thankful I didn't hit it.

Dug up two little trees. Filled in a big hole. Worked on smoothing the path back to the area we need to mow next.

jmg32975

May 21, 2019
US
Got my L3901 back with a shiny new bh77 on her back! I almost squealed like a teenage girl I was so excited!!
Then went out and got her all muddy :[emoji3]:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jmg32975

May 21, 2019
US
ALSO had to dig thick, wet clay out of the bucket ::smh:: live and learn I suppose.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 - loader, tiller, mower
Jan 15, 2019
Ohio
Started tearing out the grass drive to put down gravel. This is about 130 ft

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tucker Someday

Mar 26, 2019
Jackson, NH
Put in some time this weekend. Used the L4701 to move some stone with the bucket, some brush with the grapple and dig to add a culvert with the backhoe. Also did some brush hoging with the old B9200. First regen on the 4701 at 12 hours. Wish I got more pictures it here’s a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
I've always been worried about backing into something with my Kubota RTV1120D and damaging the transmission housing which is exposed. Backing up to a trailer tongue is really scary for fear of causing damage. I found some trailer hitch frame brackets and some rectangular tubing. This makes me feel better, couldn't go up any higher do to interference from the bottom of the bed when lifted. More to do but this is a start

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I've always been worried about backing into something with my Kubota RTV1120D and damaging the transmission housing which is exposed. Backing up to a trailer tongue is really scary for fear of causing damage. I found some trailer hitch frame brackets and some rectangular tubing. This makes me feel better, couldn't go up any higher do to interference from the bottom of the bed when lifted. More to do but this is a start

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That should do the trick ;)

malenurse13

Equipment
Kubota L3301 with Front Loader and Rotary Cutter
Jun 7, 2019
Vivian, LA
Finally Finished Mowing

I bought an L3301 a week ago. Finally got everything figured out good enough to finish mowing the back yard (3 acres). The yard is very rough and hilly. First few passes around the yard, I kept running into small mounds of dirt. Couple times, the engine actually stopped! This morning, I lowered the wheel on the back of the brush hog, raising the deck only a couple inches. And I finished the whole yard without slowing down a bit! Great tractor! (new operator)

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
malenurse13, remember the definition of experience: "Something that is happening to you that you wish to God was happening to someone else!"

That new operator is getting experience!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Here is one for you.... Amy and I took the loader off the new to me OS9 yesterday. Took 3 hours. Loader came off just fine, dropped the struts, pulled the pins and lifted it right off the mounting bosses then the issues begain. Shut off the tractor relieved the pressure in all functions and then tried to pull the Parker quick disconnects from the loader control. No way. They were all frozen. I suspect the previous owner never removed the loader which is why the original fuel filter was still on the motor and the separator was untouched as well (you cannot access the fuel filter or separator without removing the loader on an M9 because space is very limited (more on that later).

Anyway, with Amy holding a 27MM wrench on the top of the Parkers, I proceeded to spray them with PBlaster and slowly work the collars to get them free. The Parker's were loaded with grit and dirt and repeated flushing with PB and light machine oil and each one finally released. Took 3 hours total.

So I get the loader off and take the fuel filter off to replace it. Keep in mind that this unit has 3500 hours on the hour meter. Original filter. I took it off and cut it apart and it was loaded with crud. Pulled the separator and I think the previous owner tried to clean it one time (and failed because the element that should have been on the boss was cocked in the housing and crushed). Only thing filtering the fuel was the primary filter, the separator was non functional so a quick trip to the dealer and 30 bucks later I have a new element. I might add the clear bowl in the bottom was loaded with crud, had to clean it with a toothbrush and brake cleaner to get the crud out. Clean and functional now. I'm surprised the engine even ran. Purrs like a kitten now.

If you never remove the loader on an M9, you cannot change the fuel filter or really get to the separator either. All is good now. Waiting for the outboard seal to come in so I can install it in the center housing, the right outboard planetary is leaking. Least he changed the oil and greased it. I'll give him that. Never changed the air filter either. When I pulled the secondary air filter, it was packed with dirt. Changed both the primary and secondary filters.

Now I need to degrease the loader. It has years of accumulated grease on it. The previous owner kept the unit greased but never washed it. That won't happen here.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I was looking at a new RTV at the dealer the other day and I was surprised that there was really no protection in the back. Lots of goodies hanging there to get mashed.

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
I was looking at a new RTV at the dealer the other day and I was surprised that there was really no protection in the back. Lots of goodies hanging there to get mashed.

I think they should have some protection for that expensive housing. Just makes me feel better to have something back there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Went out to mow and clear some more, started raining and raining and raining. So, we did some maintenance and cleaning on the tractors and cleaned the barn a little.

Did use the loader to move a few items in the barn.