What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Working on ditch to install a french drain.
Ditch 1.jpg

Adding to my rock collection
Rock 8.jpg

Pallet forks pushed together make a decent trenching and rock plucking tool.
Blade rocks.jpg

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Took the B swamping/mowing, graded the driveway to try and fill some holes in with the box blade and replaced my HF quick hitch with Pat's Quick Hitch... Oh and finally got the fuel filter changed. That one has been on the list since November...... I need to break out the power washer and get some of that mud off the undercarriage....

Up next weekend is to borrow my brother-in-law's sub soiler and help rip a trench to put a culvert in the low spot of my driveway. Man I wish I had a backhoe.....

Attachments

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
After several months of procrastination I finally decided to fix my sticking left brake on my L175.
The arm that actuates the brake was frozen so bad I couldn't move it by hand.
Took some heat and a hammer to get it out of the housing. Failed "O" ring let moisture collect and seized up the the shaft that opens the shoes. A good polishing on the pin and hole, new "O" ring and some effort got the pedal shooting back up at me once again.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
After several months of procrastination I finally decided to fix my sticking left brake on my L175.
The arm that actuates the brake was frozen so bad I couldn't move it by hand.
Took some heat and a hammer to get it out of the housing. Failed "O" ring let moisture collect and seized up the the shaft that opens the shoes. A good polishing on the pin and hole, new "O" ring and some effort got the pedal shooting back up at me once again.
BTDT.... dreaded a repair for so long until it cannot be further ignored...then rejoiced that it was repaired without great expense other than a little effort. Feels GOOD, Heh? ;)

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
BTDT.... dreaded a repair for so long until it cannot be further ignored...then rejoiced that it was repaired without great expense other than a little effort. Feels GOOD, Heh? ;)
Yeah, as they used to say on TV, "the thrill of victory"...........hate the other side of that, "the agony of defeat". Had plenty of those to.

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
Did a two acre with trees mow job today on my '09, B3200. Absolutely love the hydrostatic drive for mowing. No stopping to let the mower slow down to shift into reverse. Same Job I have done for 15 years. Started the job originally with my trusty little B5100D and a 48" rear mower. Job would take 4 hours. B3200, it takes 2 hours. For PAY, I think I am shorting myself on hours between the B5100D and the B3200!:confused:

js5020

Equipment
BX23S
Jun 27, 2018
PA
Took the backhoe off for the first time since I bought it in June, installed the 3 point hitch and went mowin with the 5' rfm. Quite a difference from mowing with the 35 year old gear drive compact.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Picked up a MMM for the BX24 today.
M4900 is too heavy to mow in this soggy mess.
20190516_145705.jpg

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Ran the box blade over the driveway while it was still softened up from the spring rains. Between it, a scraper blade, and the FEL, not to mention the U 25 mini excavator's blade, I got it handled! Especially gratifying as I used to do this type of work by hand,, as in with a rake and shovel. One thing about getting older, you get more equipment!

Attachments

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
This is the second year since I cut in a 1/4 mile+ long bike/walking trail trough the trees that run along the creek that goes through my mountain property (12% grade mostly, hard to tell that in pictures). I knew there would be maintenance, but was surprised to find that even after a record breaking snow fall winter, it was easily handled. Like when I built it, I tag teamed it with the L3301 and the U25. The mini grabs the deadfall with it's thumb, and gets it to where I can either run it through the tractor's PTO mounted chipper (WoodMaxx, excellent value, works like they say) or using the ATV and it's home mdae dump bed trailer run the larger pieces to the burn pile and/or the wood shed (though Quaking Aspen is lousy firewood). The Greenworks 60 volt e chain saw is invaluable during all this, so much easier then constantly starting and stopping a gas saw, not to mention the noise. I can work it hard until lunch time, with no problem, then to the end of the day after a partial recharge while I take a break. These electric saws have come a long way! This trail, while a lot of work even with this equipment, is the greatest thing I have done to my property since the runway (the house and shop are OK.....) and walking or riding it is very soothing for some reason, and the dog of course loves it.

IF I was to sell my 40 acres tomorrow, the last thing I would show the prospective buyer would be the trail......and that would seal the deal, THANKS Kubota!

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ran the box blade over the driveway while it was still softened up from the spring rains. Between it, a scraper blade, and the FEL, not to mention the U 25 mini excavator's blade, I got it handled! Especially gratifying as I used to do this type of work by hand,, as in with a rake and shovel. One thing about getting older, you get more equipment!
What is your elevation?

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado

Beautiful property!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A bit above 5,000'. the peak in the background of the driveway shot is over 9,000'! The valley below is 4500'. Heady stuff for a kid raised near Detroit!
I'm much further north than you but way lower in elevation, my place is 2160ft

Snow level is about 2800ft or higher here right now.

Oh yea I get the detroit thing, I lived in Harbor Beach, MI for a while, growing up on the foothills of the rocky mountains in colorado, to me MI was as flat as a pancake! ;)