What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Took the L3901DT with the backhoe over to a friends to dig a trench for new water pipes for wood burning boiler.

I can tell your not in the northeast, no 2’ round boulder every 3’ :D

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I can also tell you're not in Arizona.
Part of the fun I've been having is my "new" property (13 years now) has NO ROCKS, except by the creek. My earlier property just 2 miles away was ALL ROCKS, and, I had NO equipment then. Now, with the mini x and the tractor, I am living large, life is so easy.....I dug all the holes for my first outbuilding by hand, using a pry bar mostly, 38 years ago on the old place. Now I just hook up the post hole digger and WHAM, it's done. Dealing with rocks and boulders does build character however, ha ha. Also, a good way to learn how to curse.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Same situation here, 98% sand... You can dig and dig all day long and maybe run into handful of 2" stones.
But go up the road a mile and you better be packing dynomite to do anywork!

Flyidaho, You have all the Volcanic rock down there, that stuff is tough to work with!

Last edited:

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
We are on a huge rock pile with trees growing out of it. Thank goodness we have water and freezing to break the granite down into gravel. We call it DG in the rockies...Disintegrated Granite. The good news is it makes awesome roads. The bad news is when you dig you are always breaking it up.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I can tell your not in the northeast, no 2’ round boulder every 3’ :D
No, just really hard clay. My brother and I dug a 60' trench from my house down to the poll-barn that my boiler sits in by hand. Took us most of a day to do. I'm glad I have a backhoe now, getting too old to be digging by hand.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Same situation here, 98% sand... You can dig and dig all day long and maybe run into handful of 2" stones.
But go up the road a mile and you better be packing dynomite to do anywork!

Flyidaho, You have all the Volcanic rock down there, that stuff is tough to work with!

Not up where I am, but for sure down in the valley in a lot of places, dynamite
is one cure for it I'm told. No easy way though!

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Congrats Highonrunning. Someone said box blades, I wouldn't mind one for the woodlots.

Last edited:

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
I live on a potato farm, after winter all the potatoes sprout from the ground it seems!

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Started removal of the front step today (replacing it) Top layer of stone came off easy - concrete slab under it is hard, sledge hammer method got old quick. Picked up a rental Jack Hammer for tomorrow!

My wife was worried someone would steal my BX out of the driveway tonight (not happening on my watch - shotgun by the door) so she blocked in with her Jeep

Orange protecting Orange !

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
“Got the steel on” as my father always used to say.
Common question is can chains go on a BX without spacers.?.?...I don’t have them...just make sure they’re tight.
Will zip tie loose ends before use. Usually need to run them in and adjust/tighten couple times first.
Changed gear box oil in snowblower yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Finished the demo job on the steps today - my little BX2660 worked hard and didn't complain (except for me overloading the bucket 1st load and lifting a rear tire! - added some ballast to my carry all and switched to 4WD after that!)

Man this thing beats you up! Today was an arm & back workout day!

And yes - I did the rookie move of driving the spike attachment in so deep it got so stuck and I had to leave it there :rotflmao:
stuck and I had to leave it there :rotflmao:

Last edited:

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Planted a couple of trees with the backhoe yesterday to trial my latest homemade "SafTLok" style braces for the 3pt backhoe. Works well, and takes most of the play out of the backhoe, so it is safer to use. The next thing is to design and fabricate a reinforced top link bracket for the tractor as Kubota doesn't make one for the L245.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Finished up my LED lighting project in anticipation of winter snowblowing. Came out amazing from my perspective.

Did two relays with two separate buttons...one for a big 126W floodbar, the other for two directional spotlights.

Buttons were installed in dash:

Stock headlight coverage:

New light coverage:

Video:
https://youtu.be/lhe905DcHpQ

Total cost: About $75 between lights, wires, connectors, switches

russell.still.5

Aug 28, 2017
Lafayette, Alabama
Finished up my LED lighting project in anticipation of winter snowblowing. Came out amazing from my perspective.

Did two relays with two separate buttons...one for a big 126W floodbar, the other for two directional spotlights.

Buttons were installed in dash:

Stock headlight coverage:

New light coverage:

Video:

https://youtu.be/lhe905DcHpQ

Total cost: About $75 between lights, wires, connectors, switches

I want to see a pic of where the lights are mounted.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
I want to see a pic of where the lights are mounted.

I'll try to grab a pic this weekend if I have time. The two side spots are mounted to the ROPS using the pre-existing holes that come in the ROPS. Its just a longer bolt right through the hole, direct mount to the ROPS.

The main lightbar attachment I did in such a way that I won't share it here for fear that a mob from the Kubota police with torches and pitchforks might show up outside my home. I drilled two tiny 3/16" holes and just mounted it the way I wanted in 15 seconds. I dont feel sorry and won't apologize!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Jeep - - just wanted to point out this picture.

You have a decent load chained outside of the hook, which is also outside of the loader arm.

Just want to be careful with a load outboard like that. Could possibly rack/twist your BX loader. More so with height, which can also lead to things getting "tippy" quick.

I really doubt that with care that piece did anything....it just caught my eye and thought I'd pass it along for you and other guys here.

Job well done!

Finished the demo job on the steps today - my little BX2660 worked hard and didn't complain (except for me overloading the bucket 1st load and lifting a rear tire! - added some ballast to my carry all and switched to 4WD after that!)

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Loaded a couple 4x6 round bales in the feeders this morning. Will be an all winter bi weekly job.