What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
You painted your chain also?! Or did you buy it that way? Yeah, the cheap little plastic box that came with my L3301 is almost an insult by Kubota, what a joke! But it's there, so I use it, while keeping my eye out for the right ammo box.

I pulled my finished solar array out of the shop, intending to then hook it up to the 1 ton and deliver it to my neighbors place a bit less then a half mile away, then I decided to just use the tractor. Once there, so much easier of course to put it exactly where I wanted it, plus the dog enjoyed the ride.

Attachments

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
You painted your chain also?! Or did you buy it that way? Yeah, the cheap little plastic box that came with my L3301 is almost an insult by Kubota, what a joke! But it's there, so I use it, while keeping my eye out for the right ammo box.

I pulled my finished solar array out of the shop, intending to then hook it up to the 1 ton and deliver it to my neighbors place a bit less then a half mile away, then I decided to just use the tractor. Once there, so much easier of course to put it exactly where I wanted it, plus the dog enjoyed the ride.
No Home depot sells "Safety" chains that are already painted orange....matches perfectly!

I just used a standard metal .50 cal ammo can...waterproof except the bolts I put through the side to attach it. I think it was $10 at TSC.....Its metal and thats all I cared about. I still think it would be cooler if it was a larger 20MM can but the bracket is about the right size for a normal size ammo can.

InThesticks

Equipment
B2601
Jul 9, 2018
SC WI, US
Had to dig a 7' hole to get to our water line. This all started after our water pressure has been getting weaker and pump control start/run capacitor had failed several times, decided pump must be getting bad. Pulled the pump and found tree roots in my water pipe.

Had to keep making a longer running pad to get in/down.

BIL and wife here finishing up the uncovering of the line.

We live in the glacial area so its all golf ball to basketball size rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I can't believe you dug that with a fel. You couldn't do that here in a million years even with a piranha tooth. Still, a lot of work, well done.

InThesticks

Equipment
B2601
Jul 9, 2018
SC WI, US
I can't believe you dug that with a fel. You couldn't do that here in a million years even with a piranha tooth. Still, a lot of work, well done.

I do have the piranha tooth bar..that thing works wonders on the roots.

It took around 7hr on the meter to dig and backfill. Hauled off as much of the stones as possible, the yard will need a lot of work after this as it’s a bit tore up.

Certainly wish we had purchased the backhoe but at that time it was hard to justify the cost vs need.

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I do have the piranha tooth bar..that thing works wonders on the roots.

It took around 7hr on the meter to dig and backfill. Hauled off as much of the stones as possible, the yard will need a lot of work after this as it’s a bit tore up.

Certainly wish we had purchased the backhoe but at that time it was hard to justify the cost vs need.

Wow, that wasn't bad at all. Lol, your wife must be very good with a shovel. ;)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Golf ball size stones around here are sand and basketball size are pebbles.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well that because you live on a BIG ROCK :D

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Consider yourself lucky @InTheSticks We live in a glacial area as well but it’s a bit different. :)
I'm in NH and each and every time my shovel or a tool hits a rock my brain wonders if I'm tapping against a baseball or a rock greater in mass than my entire house.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Well that because you live on a BIG ROCK :D
Lol, yep but it's home. ;)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Here, (AZ high country) the rocks, big or small, seem to be interlocked like jigsaw pieces. Most of the time spent digging with the backhoe is not dig, scoop, & dump, it is time spent hooking a tooth under a rock, levering it back & forth, lots of bucket curling, then maybe changing the angle & repeating, just to break the jigsaw hold other rocks have on it. Then only after it is loose, digging it out. Sometimes I hit rocks bigger than the tractor, and have to re-think the hole or trench location.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Here, (AZ high country) the rocks, big or small, seem to be interlocked like jigsaw pieces. Most of the time spent digging with the backhoe is not dig, scoop, & dump, it is time spent hooking a tooth under a rock, levering it back & forth, lots of bucket curling, then maybe changing the angle & repeating, just to break the jigsaw hold other rocks have on it. Then only after it is loose, digging it out. Sometimes I hit rocks bigger than the tractor, and have to re-think the hole or trench location.
I live on a river plain, but against the mountain along a creek. Its an alluvial fan, with granite boulders from microwave size to truck size. Post hole pounders, augers, and similar equipment are no match. I feel your pain.

mic214

Equipment
Kubota LX2610 W/cab brushhog, box blade & pallet forks
May 11, 2014
Colorado
I have been doing a little mowing around the property today. I just finished the”Corral”. That and a small barn are all that is left of what was once a cattle ranch here back in the 1800’s…

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Those loading chutes became a thing of the past in about the '60's (1960's). Smaller farmers would haul their animals, small and large, in the back of their pick ups. Those with more animals would haul them in the same truck they hauled their grain in, high sided 2 tons.

Someone came up with the idea of a trailer to pull, then they made it lower and the cattle would walk in.

That's a piece of American history, if only it could talk!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
mic214- That is some beautiful land, and the metal detectorist in me just got all twitchy seeing that potential treasure trove of good hunting ground.