What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Knocked down a bit of tall grass, cleaned up trails and undergrowth by tree line.

Attachments

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Just unloaded and loaded some stuff from the truck with my clamp on forks. I almost don't remember what it was like doing it by hand and sweat previously...

mic214

Equipment
Kubota LX2610 W/cab brushhog, box blade & pallet forks
May 11, 2014
Colorado
Today I leveled and set the cutting depth on my new bush hog. Then I took my tractor on it’s maiden voyage and cut down about a half acre of “Buffalo Gourd” or more commonly known around these parts as “Stinking Gourd”.

It is very nasty stuff, that neither my old riding mower or my tow behind mower could get through. The bush hog handled it with no problem!

cre73

Equipment
B2601
Jun 5, 2018
Central Illinois
Dug around an old maple stump, and cut all the roots. Still won't come loose.

Also broke my Titan Forks moving the 10ft sections of 12" maple log. The u channel with the clamps separated due to crappy welds, so I reinforced it with angle iron and some slightly better welds.

My DIY SafTLok for the 3pt backhoe didn't take into account the oil filter being in the way, so I also have to remake the diagonal braces...
Did you happen to take pictures of the failure and repair? Could help everyone. I just purchased a set of Titan forks and not really happy with the quality, but what I went through to get them I have no desire to attempt a return. I will just never purchase from them again

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I was out mowing last night with the little 50" cub zero turn. Wet grass and going way too fast resulted in ending up at the bottom of a 3 foot deep drainage ditch. Hooked the strap up to the hook on the Kubota bucket, it was like it never even happened.

Lesson learned, slow down when mowing in wet conditions near drainage ditches!

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Did you happen to take pictures of the failure and repair? Could help everyone. I just purchased a set of Titan forks and not really happy with the quality, but what I went through to get them I have no desire to attempt a return. I will just never purchase from them again
I knew I was forgetting something. Sorry, the welds that broke are the joints of the horizontal u-channel (with the clamps), perpendicular to the backstop. I cut 4 pieces of 2" angle, the same width as the channel, and welded them above and below, as that area takes a lot of stress.

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
New seat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Last Friday I pulled garlic so Monday I spread vermiculite around - 12 garbage bags full in the old garden, 2 bags in the garlic patch and a bag in the old garlic patch. Threw some chicken bedding around then put the ripper on the 3point and ran through all those areas a slew of times.

My PTO extension came today so when the ground dries out some I'll hook up the tiller and do all three sections to ready them for fall. The old garden is getting winter rye and hairy vetch and the patch is getting well . . . garlic. I'm thinking of putting a food plot outside the old horse shed out back so I don't have to go too far for meat this fall.

Last edited:

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
Fixed the driveway today. Ran through a whole tank of fuel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markbxr400

Equipment
L3901, LA525, RC1860, SCR0660, BB1260
May 19, 2018
Magnolia Springs, aL
Mowed about 20 of my 34 acres today. Unfortunately came across this this morning.

At first I thought someone was burning brush, but as I watched, the smoke was very black. My neighbor on the adjacent property flies banner signs along the beach and picks them up and drops them off from his property. I haven't ever met him, just see him flying every day with signs. I also saw our local crop duster flying that area earlier, so I decided to go confirm it was brush being burned. Seemed to take forever to get back to my truck on the tractor. When I got there, fire/rescue had already arrived. Neighbor was training a new sign flyer and their plane went down. Tragically both were killed. Sad day here.

Attachments

mic214

Equipment
Kubota LX2610 W/cab brushhog, box blade & pallet forks
May 11, 2014
Colorado
My boss at work let me borrow a set of pallet forks so I could get some work done around the hacienda.

I am a newbie with tractors, but I was able to unload them out of my truck on the first try!

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I bush hogged my field for about an hour and a half today. I didn't get out till about 10am. The heat and humidity was and has been brutal. Way to hot for a white yankee. By 11:30 I was cooked.
And this week, it looks just as hot 90's every day.

inthepines

Aug 4, 2018
Tallahassee, FL, USA
This is what's left of an 18 ton load of lime rock gravel delivered on Friday. I moved about half of it so far working on my 1/4 mile driveway just filling in the low spots. Maybe have about 10 tons left that will be spread eventually depending on the amount of heavy rain we get.
Normally this is only a once every other year job / fun operating equipment.

Attachments

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
On Saturday I was going some cleanup around the yard and noticed my right fender was loose. I checked the nuts and found that one of the studs had broken off the axle. So I took the fender off, cut the studs off, and ordered some U-bolts to replace them on each side. Then I took the other fender off, the hood off, and degreased and pressure washed the whole tractor. Then I scuffed/sanded up the orange surfaces and painted them. I had some old Kubota brand orange rattle cans that I used for the hood and fenders, and half a gallon can as well for the FEL towers and sub frame, wheels, and the frame of the BH. Then I ran out of orange paint but I have an original Kubota blue rattle can left yet for the axles, etc. Lucked out - was buying a toplink from this old fella that used to have a old B series Kubota and he had this box of paint sitting by the door to go to the recycling depot and he gave it all to me.

I didn't do the FEL arms as the cross member welds are cracking and I need to cut them out and re-weld. I cut some metal plate and gussets for that project, then cut the steel for a carryall and a 3 pt scraper I'm making out of half of a 50" skidder tire. I also cut some steps from some perforated steel U-channel that will attach to the FEL towers and subframe and save me some of the hopping up and down - I had back surgery 3 months ago and this should help me on and off.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
We had a lot of rain last night and it put a few ruts in my 150' gravel driveway.
The Kubota, the box blade and 30 minutes and it's as good as new.