What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
RCW, as good as that looks, I would sure hate to use it :)

Mowed and weed eated today, as well as cleaned along the fence lines. Supposed to get upwards of 7" of rain between tonight and tomorrow. Wanted to make sure the low spots that drain the yard along the fence were good and cleaned out to try and prevent damming and flooding :D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yeah Daren, you be safe with the rain. I see there's a bunch in your neighborhood.

Like you, I use my tractor 12 months a year. I wish I had gotten a B series sometimes, but this little thing has done SO much work in 6 weeks.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
RCW, my l1501 hasn't moved in 4 months since I pulled it into the garage and serviced it. Gotta give it a bath as well. Birds used the dash as a potty. The L1501 has been retired from yard duty since we got the zero turn. So it's been feeling pretty neglected. Got a driveway to go grade. But mother nature and work have been interfering with that :rolleyes: Could have done the driveway today, but with the amount of rain that we are supposed to get, all that loose gravel would get washed down the hill :rolleyes: Then I would be back doing it for free ;)

Next weekend is supposed to be nice. So Friday I'll pull it up by the garage, give it a bath, air up the tires, then load it on the trailer. :D

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I mowed the hillsides next to my Safflower field , it makes the dove a lot easier to find come September. I also mowed a couple Ridge lines making it easier to drive the jeep over the hill checking cattle.

Attachments

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
Used my new backhoe thumb to load a pile of walnut logs from my nieces yard. Wow talk about a back saver!! [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Moved a pile of steel from one building to another, got a deal on i beam for trailer decking and want to keep it dry. But to move it always needs a few steps of moving twenty other things. My L1501 performs beautifully for all my little tasks.

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
Since I dont have a backhoe, I used a ditch witch yesterday to dig french drains for some we spots in my yard. Used the Kubota to move the dirt away from the ditch and dug some with the bucket. WOW, its a muddy mess here right now. Got hung up 3 times. Figured out how to use the bucket and curl it and move the tractor inch by inch. Got unstuck all three times just by using the bucket.

EDIT: Pics posted...Not real sure how to get them to turn the right way though. Didn't get any tractor shots. Hard to take pics of yourself...

Attachments

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The L1501 has been retired from yard duty since we got the zero turn.
Daren - forgot about your new zero turn. That'll make quick work of mowing.

Used my new backhoe thumb to load a pile of walnut logs from my nieces yard.
Red - curious - what're you going to do with the walnut?

Black Walnut has a unique smell when sawed. I like it, several buddies don't.

I've never tried burning it, closest I've tinkered with was Butternut. Way too soft to split by hand, and didn't burn worth a darn in a fire pit.

Last edited:

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
Cut up and burn. Got it more for clearing it out of my neices and nephews yard.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Since I dont have a backhoe, I used a ditch witch yesterday to dig french drains for some we spots in my yard. Used the Kubota to move the dirt away from the ditch and dug some with the bucket. WOW, its a muddy mess here right now. Got hung up 3 times. Figured out how to use the bucket and curl it and move the tractor inch by inch. Got unstuck all three times just by using the bucket.

General rule when trenching is, if you grab a handful of dirt and make a fist and open your hand to dump the dirt and the dirt sticks together you're going to have trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Cut up and burn. Got it more for clearing it out of my neices and nephews yard.
Gotcha - that's how I got Butternut. Some call it White Walnut. Was on my place, and junk. Couldn't make anything of it.....

For a joke, hung a sap bucket on it for a couple years straight. Only one visitor got it, and he knew it was a Butternut....it was July too.:D

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
Gotcha - that's how I got Butternut. Some call it White Walnut. Was on my place, and junk. Couldn't make anything of it.....

For a joke, hung a sap bucket on it for a couple years straight. Only one visitor got it, and he knew it was a Butternut....it was July too.:D
Lol

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
General rule when trenching is, if you grab a handful of dirt and make a fist and open your hand to dump the dirt and the dirt sticks together you're going to have trouble.
Bad part is the trencher went through the wet stuff like butter. Had to go downhill though and that ended up messing us up a bit. All the water started draining in the ditch we were digging and it all pooled up under the trencher.

Its impossible to work with that wet stuff right now. I did manage to get the gravel and pipe in and get it all wrapped in fabric and i was able to push some of the dirt back on top of the ditch, but i'm going to have to wait till it stops raining to get in there and smooth it all out and plant grass.

Good thing is my yard is already 95% drier and the pipe is draining the water like is supposed to. I have a flow the size of a nickle coming out most of the time. it filled up a milk jug in about 45 seconds yesterday. Thats a lot of water....

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Cut down several trees that were in the way of grading around my shop and removed the branches, sectioned the trunk, and chipped all the branches a few days ago.

Here are the stumps:

Used the ripper for the U55 and got the stumps out today. The stumps were pretty close together so it took over an hour to get them out.

I hate to imagine how long it would have taken with my old BH77.

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
Did some grading on my uncles driveway but it ended up being too wet to do a real nice job. Came home for a couple hours and then went right back out to till up a 24x60 virgin garden plot for a friend. It came out pretty good I must say and the soil is really nice stuff.

Attachments