What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BrandonV

Equipment
B2650 TLB
Mar 21, 2017
Utah
I bought a B2650 for landscaping. I've put 35 hours on the tractor digging into that hill and creating two levels. Once thats done, two rock walls are going in.

Attachments

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
I used my little BX24 to haul my new (orange) HF chipper out back and chipped a bunch of limbs. The chipper worked great. :) Burning all those limbs doesn't agree with my sinuses.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I used my little BX24 to haul my new (orange) HF chipper out back and chipped a bunch of limbs. The chipper worked great. :) Burning all those limbs doesn't agree with my sinuses.
Man, that seams to be all that I've been doing on the weekends. Picking up limbs. Finally got a day with little wind where I can throw a little diesel on the pile and practice my Pyro maniac skills :eek::D

Picked them babies up last night, and had to break out the chainsaw to get one knocked down to a manageable size, and still took two trips with the wheel barrow to haul it all off :rolleyes:

Gotta hay the yard this morning with the zero turn :D

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Nice work Idaho. Are they running that place off of all solar?
That's my shop on the pictures, and it and my home are 120% powered by solar, wind, and hydro, all grid tied. Been doing it for decades and it's morphed into a little part time biz. I fabricate the mounting racks, mount the panels, deliver them (hundreds of miles away sometimes) and then set them with my crane (crane work being my main biz). This project needed 8 of these 22'x 10' arrays, and it was tricky as I had to use various trailers to shuttle them around my yard, so I could clear the shop for the next build before I started trucking them to the jobsite. I had no way to lift them once outside (the crane was in town), only the shop's gantry crane. Anyway, the tractor was of course super handy for this, especially the trailer ball at the end of the 48" fork, as some of the arrays were on very small trailers (not taken on the road, just for moving around my yard), so small the trailer hitch was covered by the array precluding hooking it up in the usual fashion. With the fork I could reach in there, under the array, and hook it up. The tongue weight was nothing, as the load was balanced. Some of the needed maneuvering was extremely tight, made easy by the hydrostatic drive and low range, power steering, etc! Tractor work/fun, big time.

Attachments

67Truckin

Equipment
BX1800D
May 25, 2016
Pleasant Plains
I tilled 9 gardens today making $450. The last two weekends I have earned a total of $960 with my BX1800 and King Kutter 48" tiller. Plus I get to be paid while playing on my tractor! Double win! :D

L3010HST

Equipment
L3010HST w/LA481 loader; Land Pride RB2672 Blade and RF2060 Rotary
Apr 29, 2013
PNW
Did a tranny service. Plus was time to stop that pesky mid-PTO seal leak. Also found metal shards in my HST suction pipe fine filter.

Replaced seal, cleaned fine filter, replaced spin-on filters, filled her up with Super UDT2, seems smoother in operation + no more seal leak = happy camper.

Found out why that seal failed. Amazing where grass can end up. The ring of grass in picture was found on the shaft between my bearing and inner seal side :eek:

Found there's a mid-PTO cap spec'd for my model. Makes sense to keep all the garbage away from shaft and seal while not in use. The cost for that cap is just stupid, but pulled the trigger for one anyway.

20170414_150156.jpg

jay2

Jun 30, 2015
kington, ohio
Got home today with a new dryer. No one to help set out of my truck. I put my "homemade" forks on the FEL, wiggled the dryer on them , then lowered down. No sense going in for back surgery again.........

Diver 6

Equipment
L3800 HST
Mar 11, 2017
Dade City, FL
No rain in a while so I figured it was a good time to clean gutters as we were doing yard work. Easiest way I have found is have the wife lift me up with the bucket of my L3800. I know some of you will say that's just dangerous. I can tell you it's a whole lot safer than climbing a ladder.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
No rain in a while so I figured it was a good time to clean gutters as we were doing yard work. Easiest way I have found is have the wife lift me up with the bucket of my L3800. I know some of you will say that's just dangerous. I can tell you it's a whole lot safer than climbing a ladder.
I've trimmed back high limbs with a pole saw that way :rolleyes: For leaves, depending on the pitch of the roof and your balance, I've found the easiest way myself is to climb up on the roof with the blower. Then I just walk along the edge and blow them out :D

workhorse

Jan 14, 2016
Alden, franklinville, boston
Had an hour to kill while kids slept before family chaos time. Decided to clean up the main access down to the lower section of our land. Between the skidder and tons of rain it was in pretty rough shape. Still needs a bit of final grading but she's getting there ! The box blade and grader blades did good work.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

sawmill

Equipment
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Wife and I chipped a bunch more limbs today. I hauled the chips out back with the Bota and spread them. That new piranha tooth bar is the cats meow for spreading chips.:D

sawmill

Equipment
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Sawmill, what are you using for a chipper?
I bought one last week from harbor freight. It has a 6 1/2 hp predator motor. It has a 3" throat. I wouldn't try to shove a 3" limb in though. I've been chipping mostly 1 1/2" and under. It works great. It starts the first pull every time.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
More grading....still. Need to get everything seeded before time to mow.
Forecast calls for low-50's and a night or two below freezing....Would like a little warmer before seeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
More grading....still. Need to get everything seeded before time to mow.
Forecast calls for low-50's and a night or two below freezing....Would like a little warmer before seeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice job RCW, I know it wasn't any fun doing that slope, never looks as steep as what it really is in pictures. Your soil looks like mine, a lot of clay and rocks anyway good job.

L3010HST

Equipment
L3010HST w/LA481 loader; Land Pride RB2672 Blade and RF2060 Rotary
Apr 29, 2013
PNW
Installed my 'ridiculously expensive' mid-PTO shaft cap. Hopefully no more oil seal compromise/leaks for a very long time.

20170418_120224[1].jpg

20170418_120432[1].jpg