want to add grapple

Papadiver

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, MMM, 3rd Valve, Grapple
Feb 10, 2019
WV
Having everything a one handed operation, on the joystick is a pleasure to use. I Grapple a LOT of logs, branches, railroad Ties, Lumber etc.
Do you have any pictures of your grapple? In use pictures?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Couldn't another valve connected to the power beyond provide the function he is looking for to operate the grapple?
Sure, but unless it's electric you'd have to remove your hand from the joystick to operate the grapple, not very convenient.
Unless that valve has a joystick switch. ;)

blenderbender

Equipment
B3000
Mar 5, 2016
Eastern Ohio
Okay.... thanks to all your input(s) I've purchased a 3rd function kit for the FEL.
Now I'd like to add a multiplier to my single set of rear remotes. Cost is again a big concern for me. I've located a switch controlled kit ($425), a manual multiplier (approx. $275-$290) depending on my fitting needs, and find myself wondering if there is any cheaper, yes I'm frugal, way to accomplish this. I have a hydraulic top link and would like to also be able to angle a back blade in the near future. Sticking my hand out the rear window to throw the lever on the manual one would not be a big issue as the rear remotes are within easy reach.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
78088BD5-EA1A-46EE-9DEE-56ABD00365B9.jpg

DDC43FEF-754C-4065-A0D2-C3FFDE3DB368.jpg

87E374F6-FBC1-4533-9FE4-42854F5B887E.jpg

I find I use my Grapple more than any other implement. I’m on heavily forested land, so there’s always spring cleanup. I also get firewood by the semi load, I can Grapple the logs over to the sawbuck right in front of the wood shed, which is a huge time and back saver.
I unloaded two large piles of (90 lbs each) Ties and stacked ( using the Grapple the whole way) them to make safe target backstops. Great for hauling fencing, Posts, etc.
Also a fun event from the PNW Kubota Tractor Games, stacking tires and wooden blocks, using the grapple

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Hey Bearskinner, I haven't got my new glasses yet. Can you possibly increase the size of your artwork, so I can admire it?:D:D

It kinda looks like you're having fun, but I'm not sure.

War Eagle

Equipment
2012 B3000HSDC and Allis Chalmer 5020
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
Okay.... thanks to all your input(s) I've purchased a 3rd function kit for the FEL.
Now I'd like to add a multiplier to my single set of rear remotes. Cost is again a big concern for me. I've located a switch controlled kit ($425), a manual multiplier (approx. $275-$290) depending on my fitting needs, and find myself wondering if there is any cheaper, yes I'm frugal, way to accomplish this. I have a hydraulic top link and would like to also be able to angle a back blade in the near future. Sticking my hand out the rear window to throw the lever on the manual one would not be a big issue as the rear remotes are within easy reach.
Any pictures of your third function valve install?

Are you happy with it or would you have preferred to do something different on your install?

blenderbender

Equipment
B3000
Mar 5, 2016
Eastern Ohio
Any pictures of your third function valve install?

Are you happy with it or would you have preferred to do something different on your install?
Unfortunately I have been up to my ears in other projects with a higher priority and I likely won't get to it till late summer or fall. I do know that it's going to be a challenge for me as there is no real nice spot to mount the block and there's going to be lots of hydraulic plumbing in tight spots which I ain't looking forward to. Assuming I get er done.... I'll post the results here. Thanks for asking!

War Eagle

Equipment
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
Unfortunately I have been up to my ears in other projects with a higher priority and I likely won't get to it till late summer or fall. I do know that it's going to be a challenge for me as there is no real nice spot to mount the block and there's going to be lots of hydraulic plumbing in tight spots which I ain't looking forward to. Assuming I get er done.... I'll post the results here. Thanks for asking!
Ya, there isn't a lot of real estate to choose from to locate your 3rd function valve on the B3000. I mounted mine on the FEL arm. With the cab on my tractor there just isn't any convenient place to put a 3rd function valve block so that there is easy access and minimal interference with other things on the tractor. I think compact tractor probably implies limited space to add things to your tractor.

Anyway the solution I came up with took a fair amount of head scratching and the deciding factor for me directly related to being able to hook up hoses and service access for potential leak fixing etc.

My install has worked really well for me and I yet to have any leaks to fix.

Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

blenderbender

Equipment
B3000
Mar 5, 2016
Eastern Ohio
Thanks for the pics, I'll definitely be zooming in on them. Obviously I haven't got around to the project yet...... ya know.... Life and all. But I have another tractor available come Spring so I should be able to sideline the B3000 and get to the install.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Ya, there isn't a lot of real estate to choose from to locate your 3rd function valve on the B3000. I mounted mine on the FEL arm. With the cab on my tractor there just isn't any convenient place to put a 3rd function valve block so that there is easy access and minimal interference with other things on the tractor. I think compact tractor probably implies limited space to add things to your tractor.

Anyway the solution I came up with took a fair amount of head scratching and the deciding factor for me directly related to being able to hook up hoses and service access for potential leak fixing etc.

My install has worked really well for me and I yet to have any leaks to fix.

Here are a couple of pics.
I like that grill guard.

flogler

Equipment
2017 BX23s
Dec 18, 2019
Debary, FL. USA
I too would like a grapple for my BX23S. It has the 3rd function kit already installed. I just can't see paying that much for the grapple. Any suggestions-I know the after market china ones are built different but price is a bigger concern vs getting bent up.

War Eagle

Equipment
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
With a BX23S you're going to be limited to probably a 48" grapple and the lightest one you can find. At 450 lb. ( I don't think you'll find one lighter) look at https://www.palletforks.com/skid-steers/grapples-and-rakes/grapple-buckets/48-inch-grapple-bucket-attachment-for-skid-steer/112300.html?lang=default
MTL makes grapples and here is a single clam shell model at 350 pounds.

https://www.mtlattachments.com/atta...pple-hydraulic-brush-grapple-attachment-wk53p

Here is a 60" double clam shell model at 390 pounds.

https://www.mtlattachments.com/tractor-attachments/new-compact-vertical-root-grapple

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
With a BX23S you're going to be limited to probably a 48" grapple and the lightest one you can find. At 450 lb. ( I don't think you'll find one lighter) look at https://www.palletforks.com/skid-steers/grapples-and-rakes/grapple-buckets/48-inch-grapple-bucket-attachment-for-skid-steer/112300.html?lang=default

There are MANY lighter grapples to be had..just not from CHINA. They add more steel rather than use better engineering.

A 450lb grapple on a BX would be all but useless.