Sub Soiler

BotaLoda

Equipment
BX2370, Loader w/tooth bar, MMM, sub soiler, 5' rake, rear ballast box, forks.
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN
I can let it dig in up to the cross bar and so far it hasn't had any problems. I've done some trench g for water run off and used it to dig up a 6" stump. Just pass around the stump to break the roots and then drive straight over till it hooks the stump and lift your 3 point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is this for a sub compact? Could you please measure from the lower pins center to the very bottom for me?

coltbean

Aug 27, 2016
Arkansas US
It's an L2501 so just a cut not a scut. I can measure when I get home. What exact measurement are you wanting? In the 3 point or the subsoiler?

BotaLoda

Equipment
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN
It's an L2501 so just a cut not a scut. I can measure when I get home. What exact measurement are you wanting? In the 3 point or the subsoiler?

If looking at the picture you posted of the subsoiler, from the lower tip of the cutting edge up to the red, or to get more precise, to the imaginary horizontal line that connects the left and right hitch pins (I'd guess that's about 1" higher). If you happen to recall how high the cutting edge goes above ground level when fully lifted that would be good to know also, just a guestimate is fine unless you still have it mounted and up.

Thanks much!

coltbean

Aug 27, 2016
Arkansas US
Ok so you basically want the depth of cut. It's still mounted so give me an hour.

Also what position is you top link in? If I recall I had to move mine because it was keeping it from going as deep.

Last edited:

BotaLoda

Equipment
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN
Ok so you basically want the depth of cut. It's still mounted so give me an hour.

Also what position is you top link in? If I recall I had to move mine because it was keeping it from going as deep.

The depth of cut? Do your side links go all the way down to the ground or close to it?

I don't think the top link has more than one position? It is shortened all the way if that is what you mean.

No rush, I won't be touching it for a couple days.

Thanks

coltbean

Aug 27, 2016
Arkansas US
So mine is 20" from where the shank ( the black part) comes out of the red frame to level with the tip. In mine and most tractors you will have 3 positions where your top link pins to the rear of the tractor. I had to put mine in the top one because it would bind going down if in the lowest one. My lift arms will almost touch the ground. The subsoiler will go down enough that the red cross bar is at ground level. These pics are with the arms lifted as high as they will go.

BotaLoda

Equipment
Feb 28, 2017
Cosby, TN
Thanks coltbean! Big difference between a compact and a subcompact. My one and only place to put the center link is up toward the bottom of the seat. Not quite sure what I'm going to do yet. I'll look up what a smaller one like yours with shipping goes for and see if anyone around here needs this big sucker.