poly edge for TSC rear blade?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Stall mats are a bugger to cut. I have heard of people using some kind of saw. For my blade, to protect my concrete in a V shaped drainage area, I have used a plastic 5/4 deck board. The V has worn the outer corners as needed, but has not broken the board. Cheap. The board is well supported by the blade itself. The really thick commercial poly blades might be better for an airport since I suspect you'd be plowing at a hgher speed, and no time to stop if you fractured a blade in the cold.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Stall mats are Easy to cut.

Get a straight edge and a razor knife.
Once you get above a quarter of the way through you can bend it slightly and finish the cut.

Nice clean finish.

I have them all over my garage floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Charles111

May 10, 2018
Montana
How did the polyurethane edge work out last year for you? I'm planning on doing something similar soon and wanted to hear about others experiences using various plastics on a rear blade (in my case a Landpride RB2672) and how well they wear? Seems there also many types of UHMW.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
How did the polyurethane edge work out last year for you? I'm planning on doing something similar soon and wanted to hear about others experiences using various plastics on a rear blade (in my case a Landpride RB2672) and how well they wear? Seems there also many types of UHMW.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

I sent you a detailed pm. Here is a photo after plowing about 48 driveways ranging from 100’ to 1000’. Somewhere I have an original measurement of the edge extending past the moldboard, but I can’t find it. I did forcibly wear-in the edge to get the angle. There is very little wear I can tell visually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro