Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
@Soopitup
I assume you're getting the ssqa forks?

Correct.

I ordered the pin ones and while I did have a problem with attaching them their customer service was impeccable.

I spoke directly with Matt (owner) about my delivery dilemma, and found a local commerial drop-off. $175/delivered, I think is reasonable. Matt told me the forks will ship out today.

I got the ones with the hitch attachment. Thinking about it, it's probably a waste of money because I don't want to pull anything that heavy with it. They do seem well built though.

I think the receiver comes standard. It being there is a nice addition I'll likely put to use.

I thought the shipping from them seemed high when you first mentioned it. I used FedEx as a pickup point. I've also used ups and Fastenal in the past. They'll know where to look to find a freight drop off location. You just need a vehicle that can accept a pallet.

Even though I've done a lot if business with Fastenal, because I don't have a commercial account with them, they wouldn't accept the delivery. I'll think twice about future purchases.
I originally intended to use the loader to pull anything and everything.
Then it occurred to me the loader isn't strengthened in that way. I'd rather not tweak it.
I now have a hitch on the rear to pull heavy stuff. I'm sure the front will be fine (but redundant?) for light stuff.

I've never done business with Fastenal. Maybe a different policy where you are?
Or maybe because the parts I had shipped there were from a different company?

Either way Matt did me right.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I'm with you on the tweaking of the FEL thought. On flat ground, still iffy.

I built a hitch receiver for the rear. It's pretty stout. I have plans build something for use on the 3PH quick attach.

Looks like my forks will arrive via FedEx this Friday.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Fastenal made some big changes in their business model, at one time they were a hardware store on steroids, now they are in large part a shipping company. My local Fastenal, and I suppose most, has little in stock and isn't set up for retail sales.

Reactions: 1 user

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Fastenal made some big changes in their business model, at one time they were a hardware store on steroids, now they are in large part a shipping company. My local Fastenal, and I suppose most, has little in stock and isn't set up for retail sales.
The same happened at my local Fastenal. Their inventory has gotten pretty thin, recently.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Have you looked at Craigslist or Facebook marketplace? Most of my attachments were bought on craigslist. Save a lot of cash. My new forks cost me $600. I picked them up not to far away.
All my attachments have been gotten 2nd hand. We'll, most. I bought my Boom Pole for a steal at TSC, and my 48" Aerator through JD at end of season.

Forks, I did not want used due to the unknown.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
My reasoning in buying the 36" forks, I have sticks of Aluminum rectangular tubing. I'll make a couple removable extensions that pin behind the bends of the forks. Easy on/Easy off.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'm back at looking at Redline Systems - Pallet Forks. I called the owner and left message regarding delivery. Meanwhile, I'm trying to come up with a commercial drop-off point, to lower the delivery fee to $175 (instead of $530 Lift Gate service)

Fingers are crossed, this pans out.
Many manufacturers will ship that way.
Relatively economical way to ship.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
My reasoning in buying the 36" forks, I have sticks of Aluminum rectangular tubing. I'll make a couple removable extensions that pin behind the bends of the forks. Easy on/Easy off.
Better be very beefy aluminum.
It bends easily.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I'll take some!
You ship to East coast? :)
Haha. These I have, to me they're like gold.
Is picking up the shipment from a freight terminal not an option for you?
It was if I wanted to drive almost 200 miles round trip. FedEx is delivering it Friday, 11 miles away for the lowest shipping charge of $175.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

It was if I wanted to drive almost 200 miles round trip. FedEx is delivering it Friday, 11 miles away for the lowest shipping charge of $175.
Good call!

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Good call!
I'm 15 mile of falling into the Pacific Ocean. EVERYTHING trucked and shipped local, I usually pay dearly due to being so far off the main coridor. Fortunately it worked out in my favor!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

Hopefully it works out well for you getting them. Around here, FedEx is the last shipper you want to use if you actually want to get your stuff and have it undamaged too. They are likely to leave it in a ditch somewhere or 2 towns away.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Hopefully it works out well for you getting them. Around here, FedEx is the last shipper you want to use if you actually want to get your stuff and have it undamaged too. They are likely to leave it in a ditch somewhere or 2 towns away.
Looks like they will arrive today. FedEx Tracking & BOL states Out For Delivery. I'm pacing in anticipation..lol.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
The pallet is on the floor in my shop. Tomorrow I will unpack.
1000022490.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Ordered a pair of Landpride PF20 forks yesterday. Only need them twice a year to unload mini bags of whole oats for my mulies and white tails. Probably should have got the quick attach but hard to justify only needing 2 times a year.

Enjoy your new forks Trimley!

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Ordered a pair of Landpride PF20 forks yesterday. Only need them twice a year to unload mini bags of whole oats for my mulies and white tails. Probably should have got the quick attach but hard to justify only needing 2 times a year.

Enjoy your new forks Trimley!
The need is real at some point in time.

I've no idea how much I'll use mine. My body complains, I do something to ease that issue over the long term. I'm on my own, so I help myself any way I can to manage.