Orange Brother Down (Wildfire)/ Heart Attack

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
That lack of treatment is unbelievable.

My neighbor had a heart attack last Monday morning at 1 AM. One artery was 100% closed, one 80%. He had 2 stints put in on Tue at noon, and he was home Wed. evening!

I went by to see him. He was out visiting with someone else when I pulled up. I kidded him, telling him it took him longer to get the mobile tractor repair guy out to fix the rear tire on his L9540 then have heart surgery!!!

One thing the 911 operator told his wife when she called telling of the severe pain he was in and where the pain was located, take 4 baby aspirins.

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
DONATED!!
I have learned a lot from Paul watching his videos. I have never met him,but without a doubt one can tell he is a stand up guy with a mechanical talent ( and shop ) I can only envy. I wish him and Kathy nothing but the best, and do hope he recovers 1000%

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Bay Roberts is kind of off tne beaten path, and St Johns is the location of the airport that took in all those trans Atlantic jet flights on 9/11, and whose people took in the stranded passengers. Good people live up there. Geographically it would not be surprising that health care is limited. It looks like Prince Edward Island or Maine might be the closest site for any kind of sizeable hospital, but no idea what is medically advisable or possible.

jbjlock26

Equipment
BX25D, Filled Rears, 54" MMM, R2 Mfg. 3" Edge Tamers w/12" Edge Extenders
Sep 23, 2016
Dillsburg, PA
Paul Short/Wildfire - Serious Health Issues

With apologies to the moderators, I know there is a a thread in the off topic board. Since many people never visit there, I just want to let everyone know that Paul had two heart attacks on Friday (4/28/17), the first occurring just minutes after his last video. Kathy has posted another video since, and opened a YouCaring crowdfunding page at the request of the YouTube community.

For more information and updates, the off topic thread is http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30167

The YouCaring page: https://www.youcaring.com/paulshort-815763

YouTube updates: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfLqRBaI3DGI6ocVUaN8r7Q

Get Well Soon, Paul (Wildfire on OTT)

John in PA

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Fundraiser Updates 1
Posted on May 5, 2017
On behalf of myself and Paul, words cannot express what your out pouring of love & support has done for our moral.
We appreciate each and every one of you. Big Hugs, for all of your many donations. You all have our backs that's for sure.

Wonderful news, our prayers were answered, Paul has an appointment this afternoon to have his angiogram ( dye test done ) He will leave the hospital via ambulance with the assistance of a nurse and travel to the city which is one hours drive away. Please continue to pray for his good health. I'll come back and post as new information becomes available.
Thank you all.
Kathy

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Fundraiser Updates 1
Posted on May 5, 2017
On behalf of myself and Paul, words cannot express what your out pouring of love & support has done for our moral.
We appreciate each and every one of you. Big Hugs, for all of your many donations. You all have our backs that's for sure.

Wonderful news, our prayers were answered, Paul has an appointment this afternoon to have his angiogram ( dye test done ) He will leave the hospital via ambulance with the assistance of a nurse and travel to the city which is one hours drive away. Please continue to pray for his good health. I'll come back and post as new information becomes available.
Thank you all.
Kathy

Great news Kathy, hope he'll be on the mend soon.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah and knowing him hes already figuring out some way to MOD the procedure. :D

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
I think the whole Kubota community has him on thier minds, thoughts and prayers. Good news they are taking him in today.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Good evening to everyone.
Yes it's me Paul
I'm finally home. Arrived a few hours ago. It's been a wild ride for us. Between the heart attacks and Kathy stepping up to the plate to do my fighting for me while I was down it's been a eye opening experance.

The staff at the Carbonear General Hospital was about the most professional, compassionate and caring people I've ever met and the Cardiac Cath lab at the Health Science Centre in St. John's was no differant. All these people work so hard to get us back to health. Each and ever one of them are hero's in my mind. I thank them for their outstanding service. It will never be forgotten.
To our thousands of viewers. I hardly know how to put my gratitude in words. You've offered so much love, encouragment and thousands of kind comments, emails, cards and finical help through youcaring.com I'm truely lost for words. I never thought for a minute our YouTube blogs and channel would mean that much to you all.

We are going to keep the channel going with the same content and more added to it. I still have a fight that I intend to pursue and that is to continue to press government to extend the working hours to the Cardiac Cath lab at the Health Science Centre in St. John's. It's something they must do before people start dying due to the long waiting times to get a die test. I'll be doing videos on that subject as soon as I'm rested enough to do it justice. I am very much committed to this and we need to get this very serious issue dealt with asap. I will not stop. To let it continue as it is means the governent we have has no social conscience and don't care about their citizens.

Thanks to everyone throughout the world for everything you've done for Kathy and I. We are so privileged to have you all part of our YouTube family. As it's a big family but a beautiful one. God bless each and every one of you. We love you all.
We'll be back better than new soon. By for now........Paul

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Good to hear you are back home! Hope you have a fast recovery and back to doing what you like to do. Keep us up to date on your progress.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I'm happy to hear you're home, healing seems so much easier & shorter surrounded by loved ones & familiar, comfortable digs. Hope you have a quick & complete recovery.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Good to here Paul, make sure to take time for the 2 of you, sometimes it takes a big kick in the butt to make us guys realize we're not bullet proof. All the best to both of you.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Good to see you are home. Get your rest, you have earned it. Work can wait. It will still be there when you are ready. Looking forward to seeing more videos and reading your posts here on OTT. Kathy has proved herself as well, stepping up and taking the bull by the horns while you are down. Get well !