NFL and the National Anthem Disrespect

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
The silent majority is speaking again. We spoke loudly when we voted for Trump. We spoke loudly when we turned off the talking heads of the fake news media, we spoke just as loudly when we turned off people such as Rosie O., Stephen Baldwin, Jennifer Lawrence, Madonna, Cher, and many others from the same ilk.

I am sure that sponsor companies are already re-directing their advertising dollars to other venues. They realize where their bread is buttered. We just need to hold their feet to the fire and remember our values when we shop. Support those companies that support our values.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The problem here is not that they choose to do it, I agree that each of us can do (within reason) or say (within reason) what we wish.

My kids in my drafting class brought this up, and their point of view is that we all have the ability to form and have an opinion......but

BUT - and here is what I feel, YOU the player are representing a "team" that has a logo and an owner, a fan base and others who pay your ungodly salary, and YOU are speaking FOR that organization when you do that!!!!

Imagine if you will, one of us doing something completely disrespectful WHILE at work? Imagine what would happen? Suppose someone in a fast food restaurant said or did something against......an older person, someone that was unable to hear well, and a kid at the counter said something smartass too them??????? Be by-by kiddo!!!

I have no problem with movie stars saying and doing silly crap while at there house or even in the street, but IF THEY did it while being on the set of DISNEY , betcha it would be different.

IF you dont want to salute the flag - then fine, but REMEMBER who is standing behind you that pays you! AND when you want to say or do something off the beaten path to show your opinion - those around you,may not agree with you.

My advise is to do it in your own backyard, not where someone else is "paying" you to be at your best.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Army,not to be picky but that is Alec Baldwin, Stephen is on our side. Don't want to paint all Baldwins with the same brush, lol.
I saw mention of a movement to boycott all NFL games on Nov. 12th, I bet this will turn into a ground swell. I am not that political but very interested to see if that knocks some sense into some people. I don't care how you frame it disrespect is disrespect.

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Anyone not happy with this country is free to leave. But they don't. Why? Because we're #1. No country is without fault, no one is saying that.

And I'd bet that 80% of those players have absolutely no idea why they're doing it, other than hopping on a bandwagon.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
The NFL owes Tim Tebow an apology!
Tim, who I love to see play, did it for the wrong reason: He did it because of his devout faith. The guys doing it now are showing they are sheeple, no offense to sheep, by doing what is PC in the left's eyes. It is a shame that good things get ruined by external influences. The NFL was on the downhill slide anyway with all the commercials and ref's taking so much out of the game and the so called protest demonstrations exacerbates that.

alleyyooper

Equipment
3301 and FL
Sep 20, 2017
Michigan
Guess I am going to be in the minorty here. I am a veteran and my war was not about freedom in America, that was fought over 200 years ago 1775 to 1781. A constution was written then and one part allowed American's the right to protest peacefully.

Seems to me the foot ball players are doing just that. Isn't like they are disrespecting the flag, after all they are not Peeing on it, Burning it or stomping it into the mud.

If people want to get fire up about some thing then look to those players of other games who look about scratch their balls and other things while the anthem is being played instead of standing quitely.

Also what about the so called AMERICAN singers paid to sing the anthem and don't even take the time to learn the words for petes sake.

I think ya'll are pissing up the wrong tree my self.

Trump and the other clowns in Washington have way more important things to do to help AMERICANS than bitch about kneeling foot ball players.

When are they going to rework the tax code so we don't keep paying so much to help forgien countrys.

When are they going to get there heads out of their AZZ's and come up with a real workable healt care plan. So many other countrys have a nation health care program they could copy bits and pieces of.

Ya think they should just leave the football players alone and do the JOB they were elected to do.

Maybe we should be able to fire all of those Washington clowns for disrespecting the AMERICAN citizens, by sitting on their AZZ'S doing nothing except taking a pay check.

:D Al

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Guess I am going to be in the minorty here. I am a veteran and my war was not about freedom in America, that was fought over 200 years ago 1775 to 1781. A constution was written then and one part allowed American's the right to protest peacefully.

Seems to me the foot ball players are doing just that. Isn't like they are disrespecting the flag, after all they are not Peeing on it, Burning it or stomping it into the mud.

If people want to get fire up about some thing then look to those players of other games who look about scratch their balls and other things while the anthem is being played instead of standing quitely.

Also what about the so called AMERICAN singers paid to sing the anthem and don't even take the time to learn the words for petes sake.

Trump and the other clowns in Washington have way more important things to do to help AMERICANS than bitch about kneeling foot ball players.

When are they going to rework the tax code so we don't keep paying so much to help forgien countrys.

When are they going to get there heads out of their AZZ's and come up with a real workable healt care plan. So many other countrys have a nation health care program they could copy bits and pieces of.

Ya think they should just leave the football players alone and do the JOB they were elected to do.

Maybe we should be able to fire all of those Washington clowns for disrespecting the AMERICAN citizens, by sitting on their AZZ'S doing nothing except taking a pay check.

AL,

WELL SAID !!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I could not agree more!

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA

Bravo! Well stated! Thank you for your service!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Have you noticed how many "smoke screens" bombard us to deflect the real problems of our society? I know I am guilty of following the shiny object from day to day. In reality we have a bunch of entitled elitists in D.C. that could care less about us. Alley is right, we should fire them and we can at the ballot box, in fact that is the only way short of revolution and that would not be good in the short term. It will be interesting to see what message is sent in Alabama today, the establishment GOP pumped 30 million dollars into electing Strange and while I know nothing about Alabama politics this just sounded strange, forgive the pun. The one thing I have heard is that it is politics as usual with smearing the opponent instead of stating why a candidate was qualified for the job.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

As others have said, Very Well Said Al. Thank You for your service to our country.

kbrothers

Equipment
b2150 HST loader/hoe
Dec 1, 2013
Ebensburg,Pa
I am also a veteran as as such I share a bond with all veterans that ever wore a uniform in this country. I was raised to respect the flag and every .everything it stands for I never figured the war was mine and if any one could claim it it would be one or more of the 52 thousand that paid the utmost for it and for them and all before and after them God bless the USA and our flag!

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Army,not to be picky but that is Alec Baldwin, Stephen is on our side. Don't want to paint all Baldwins with the same brush, lol.
I saw mention of a movement to boycott all NFL games on Nov. 12th, I bet this will turn into a ground swell. I am not that political but very interested to see if that knocks some sense into some people. I don't care how you frame it disrespect is disrespect.
Stmar, you are absolutely correct. I had Alec in mind but somehow he brother was at my fingertips. You got my point anyway.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yes I to have a service number, and MHO is you disrespect the country ,the flag and the POTUS weather you like him of not,, you have in fact disrespected every Vet that ever wore a uniform or didnt wear a uniform.
Every Man woman and child in this country that works and pays taxes, and pays money to watch you do your thing, what ever that may be you have disrespected.
If you have an agenda then fine, I however have no desire watch or participate in your protest. If Im paying you for some thing, then you best protest on YOUR OWN TIME NOT MINE! It's very simple, you do it on my time, tomorrow you will be looking for new job, end of story. You dont believe me, go to work tomorrow and try it, and see how long before the HR slug is calling you

Loner16

Equipment
B-7800
I agree completely!

These overpaid crybabies seem to forget that it is and was, the Veterans of this country that afforded them the rights to show their disrespect for flag, country and servicemen, both past, present and future! I agree with the right to express their opinions, but NOT by disrespecting their country. Use some other avenue..

I have already e-mailed the major NFL advertisers that I will not be watching any football this year, and will be closely watching for the advertisers' response to my comments.

This situation has me so mad I could spit!

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
One of the wonderful things in this country is the freedom of speech and the right to express your opinion. Along with that comes a responsibility for expressing that opinion and where you express it.
When the announcer at the sporting event says, "Will everyone please rise for the playing of our National Anthem", that may not be the right time for a demonstration.
Where are the players Monday through Saturday? Cat got their tongue? All they had to do was call the media, the press would have been been tripping all over each other to be the first one with the microphone.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Well, the sad part of all this a lot of people are just looking for a reason to be different, to stand out from the crowd, I guess.

Look at the reality TV shows. Dancing With The Stars, why do they wear any clothes at all? A few years back if that showed popped up on your screen with your family setting around, you'd tuck you head in embarrassment and flip the channel wondering what just happened. We've seen so much now, it's "just fine".

How about America's Funnest Videos, I think it is. Those folks, young and old, do the stupidest things and film it so others can see.

If someone dislikes a particular activity, someone else declares they have the right because of some war, amendment, or law. There is little consideration for others.

Was having a discussion about this today. Here's what one person said,

"It's not a racial issue, deadbeats and freeloaders come in all shapes, sizes and colors. You can even be a illegal immigrant and be a deadbeat freeloader living off the taxpayers dollars. Respect for the country is what this issue is all about to me.

All gave some and some gave all, is sobering when it's your family that's being disrespected. You see a coffin with the flag draped over it, and then the family holding the flag while the casket is being lowered into the ground, and then a 7 gun salute. Then some idiot kneeling during the National Anthem really makes me wonder about people."

I have to agree with him.

I think if this keeps going on it won't be long all those high paid jocks will turn to the stands when the Anthem is played a just raise their middle finger to the crowd! Probably both hands.

No problem, anything goes...until the money quits coming in.

vio4701

Equipment
L4701, Fel, Mower, Box Blade
Aug 20, 2017
East Dallas, Countryside
Came across this article by accident, but it does spell it out rather well!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/26/opinions/first-amendment-football-protest-callan-opinion/index.html

I agree with the message from the video. I'm not going to disrespect what the flag stands for and how many people had to die for it to give us the opportunity to be where we are today.

How about those overpaid athletes use their platform to actually do something in the real world and maybe even donate some of their millions to actual causes and awareness programs.

Or... I guess taking a knee is easy, dont have to speak, act, donate, fight or try to hard.

In my opinion its caused more separation and problems since kneeling started.

Just my 2 cents.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I wonder if any of those morons have ever had a folded flag from a casket given to them. As a veteran, people burning, stepping on the flag and not showing respect at the playing of the national athem just burns me up. I'm afraid if I was ever around anyone stepping on the flag, I'd be going to jail and the other person would be on the way to the morgue.