NFL and the National Anthem Disrespect

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
The NFL owes Tim Tebow an apology!
They sure the hell do. And if he was black he would have gotten one.

Kapernick (sp) started this because he wanted to protest the country that oppresses people of color and so called police brutality.
Does he realize that over 95% of black violence is at the hands of other blacks?
Does he realize that 99.95% of blacks who were injured or killed by police were actively committing a violent crime?
Why is it that a man who makes millions a year can bitch about not being given opportunities?
He's luck to have a career and he makes millions.
If he pulled this asinine stunt in any private sector job he would be fired.
If he want's to protest let him take out an add, spend his own money and waste his own time complaining about how bad he has it.
He's a piece of crap.

Last edited:

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
There were women and children in the fort, if the flag was down it was the to be a signal that they were surrendering to the British. The men and fathers held the flag pole up while they knew it was being targeted by I believe over a hundred ships. In the dawn it was be held up by many of their dead bodies. The Anthem and the Flag belong to We the People not the Police or the Government that they say their protesting. They have a right to protest, but because they have that right they should honor the Anthem and Flag that represent Soldiers that fought and Voters that upheld the Constitution at home. There are better ways to protest or work to help their people to be safe from some who maybe against them and the many of their own killing each other. Those in the Fort didn't kneel to the British, but they and the prisoners on the British ship that Francis Scott Key were on kneeled in prayer. Stand for the Anthem, kneel to God.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Re: NFL and the Nationl Anthem Disrespect

And to add a little bit more to the history above.
During the war the British made an offer to their slaves. An offer of freedom if they fought for the King.

Pretty sad that in London, the multi-millionaire NFL players sit for the USA...but stand for the British monarchs & empire that colonized Africa. Apparently none of them were history majors.
Seems kind of silly to sit for only one anthem.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I retired from the Army....

While I do agree that they have the right to protest (Although NOT sure how they are getting away with it at work). I do not agree with the way they are going about it, And that is my right as well.

Having rights also has it's consequences. You have the right to do and say what you want, you are not immune from the ramifications of you actions. I also have the right to say or do whatever I want. I can support or not support teams, NFL or companies as I choose. As much as is possible I am choosing not to watch any NFL game. I am also choosing not to buy any NFL gear. I am also choosing not to buy (again as much as is possible) goods or services that support the NFL (yes I realize that my computer runs on Microsoft, Yes I have Verizon Wireless both of which are the ones I already have and Verizon is the only cell service that works where I live).

We all have the right to voice our opinions openly and freely. We also have the right not to be labeled with derogatory terms when we do.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
USN 1965-1971
What bothers me more than the nfl as far as disrespect goes are my neighbors who fly the colors. They do not go up at dawn and down at dusk, they fly 24/7 unlit, they fly in tatters and they do not even know they are disrespecting the flag, my flag.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
As I said in a previous post I thought this may turn into a ground swell but I could not have predicted how much of one. I can't believe how many people that I know are now choosing not to watch the games and the interesting thing is that I don't bring it up and they are people that you would not think would be that invested. I am afraid the NFL has bitten off more than it can chew and woke up the sleeping giant. It is not clear to me what they are protesting. If it is inequality then join the club, life is unequal in so many ways and it does not discriminate against race or religion. If it is the police interaction with certain factions then quit breaking the law. If it is the deaths of a certain race or religion then go to where the most deaths occur and do your protesting there, Chicago is a good place to start. It looks like a lot of people are not waiting for November 12th to voice there positions.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
USN 1965-1971
What bothers me more than the nfl as far as disrespect goes are my neighbors who fly the colors. They do not go up at dawn and down at dusk, they fly 24/7 unlit, they fly in tatters and they do not even know they are disrespecting the flag, my flag.
Mine flys 24/7/365 and is lighted when the sun goes down, and when the old gal starts to show her wear, she is retired and given the respect it deserves. And then the BSA will have a ceremonial disposal of worn and tattered banners.

http://www.wikihow.com/Dispose-of-a-Damaged-American-Flag

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I just heard that the Denver Broncos would all be standing for the anthem this Sunday when they face their arch rival the Oakland Raiders. Too bad they could not have done this a week earlier, it would have saved their star defensive player Von Miller a bit of cash. He was in negotiations for a new contract with a local Ford dealership and they broke them off when he knelt during the anthem. The dealership is owned by a veteran and it supports a lot of veteran linked causes.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Like you and so many others inhere I have paid my dues, I figure that is the very least I can do for the colors that have given me everything I have and to pay respect to those that gave it to me.

"Non sibi sed patriae"
"not for self, but country".