Need B6000 data, manuals, parts sources in SoCAL

Veggieoilburner

Equipment
B6000
Apr 15, 2010
Santa Barbara California
Just helped a friend get a B6000 for mowing and light drainage repairs.

I'm looking for a source of a manual in .pdf, diagrams etc.

The PTO has a rototiller that must come off and I'm wondering if the shaft needs support at the end or if it has a bearing right behind it in the case bulkhead so a cover can just be made?

Anyone have one of these with a 3 point hitch?

Where would an auxilary hydraulic pump be mounted, PTO?

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
Welcome to the best source for Kubota information.

There is a seller on ebay that has pdf's of parts, operating and service manuals for the B series. If you can't find him, send me a message & I'll check my old e-mails.

Others here can direct you to print manuals and parts suppliers.

GpaG

Equipment
Ford 9N, Kubota B6000 with FEL
Jan 25, 2010
Penyrn, CA, USA
I was able to get copies (photocopies with spiral bindings) of the 3 Kubota manuals (Operator's Manual, Illustrated Parts List and Service Manual) for the B6000 through my local Kubota dealer for about $60. They don't get a good "grade" as being helpful manuals, but it would really be tough to do much without them for some of the things they do have. The Illustrated Parts List is where Kubota shows how the parts go together. Between the manuals, my local dealer and the folks on this site I'm gradually getting my basket case together.

My tractor originally was set up for a rototiller (I do not have it) and used a Hub City converter unit to get the counter-clockwise turning PTO shaft turning the conventional clockwise direction. The Hub City unit is no longer manufactured, but if your tractor has a rototiller it may have the Hub City unit on it. The PTO shaft is also smaller diameter (and has a different number of splines) than is standard here, but there is slip on converter (inside mates to the Kubota shaft and the outside has standard diameter and splines) that is still available to change that. The PTO shaft needs no external support, being supported by bearings in the "Mission Gear Group" per the picture in the Illustrated Parts List.

My tractor has an auxiliary hydraulic pump (for the B219 loader) driven off the front of the engine. The pump is mounted to the front of the frame with a special bracket and the power comes off the crankshaft pulley and uses a short shaft with two "chain couplings" to connect to the pump.

My tractor has the full 3 point hitch setup, but since I don't have the tractor going yet, I can't really say much about it.

I am just learning about this tractor, but hopefully this will be of some help. There are some real experts on here, so keep asking if you need more info.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Veggie, welcome to the OTT!

GpaG and stuart gave some good info.

Messicks has all the books you are looking for at a good price here.

Coleman also has a parts catalog available online for your tractor at this link.

You are in Santa Barbara. There is a member "twomanyprojects" that lives in Carp. He is having problems with his tractor and maybe you could send him a PM to offer help (hint :rolleyes:) .

Demographically you are very close and maybe if you can go see his tractor you can give him some fresh ideas. We have tried but it's very difficult when only seeing pic's on the PC. Here is the link to the thread that I am referencing.

For your question about people having a tractor like yours with a 3PH. It's a given now a days for all tractors to have a 3PH. Buying a tractor that didn't have one is like buying a case of beer with out the beer :D

Like GpaG mentioned, disconnect your implement and you will have about 4 inches, or so, of a fixed splined shaft that sticks out the ass end of the tractor. No cover needed.

Does your tractor have a FEL (front end loader) If so then you should think about getting something for ballast to keep on the 3PH as the front end will now be heavy and the center of gravity will be way forward. Also the back wheels will most likely spin on gravel or dirt road.

Last edited:

Rust Addict

Equipment
B6000E
Jan 2, 2010
Sidney, Maine, USA
As you learn about this mini-tractor, you'll learn it has a factory pump and you just need to "tap" the lines to do what you want. There are guys building bucket loaders and even front mount dozer blades and backhoes that run off the OEM system and rear axle "tank". Try ebay on those manuals and search around the site on how to pumb it for the add ons. Good luck.

Last edited: