Moving Day.....

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
That's great Eric, nothing like your very own place.

navspecwar

Equipment
B3300HST FEL, ATH72 Finish Mower, 5ft KKRear Blade,Piranha TB
Oct 5, 2013
Marion, Illinois
Congrats Eric!! I am happy for you/with you. My dad used to always tell me, "Son, spend your time being happy and thankful for what you have and less time pondering what you dont." I witnessed first hand men and women loose things overseas which can not be replaced such as arms legs and a few even their life! Hang in there and when the going gets tough the tough get tougher!!!! Respectfully, Chad

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Congratulations! I still vividly remember that wonderful feeling of being out on my own the first time….. I could not wait to be free & independent. (my parents charged me rent from the time I was 14, & I had to buy my own clothes & school supplies by high school)

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
Congratulations! I still vividly remember that wonderful feeling of being out on my own the first time….. I could not wait to be free & independent. (my parents charged me rent from the time I was 14, & I had to buy my own clothes & school supplies by high school)
So did mine as long as I have had a job. It was not much but it was rent. And you know what, I am a better person because of it. It taught me responsibility and budgeting.

Now on the other hand, I rent a 14 x 72, 3 bedroom two bath trailer and five acres of land to my twenty three year old son and his family who both have decent jobs and he complains because I charge him $350 a month rent. You tell me where they can go and pay that amount of rent.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Good deal, Eric! I'd come help you move, but we fly that morning. Otherwise, I'd be there.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
So did mine as long as I have had a job. It was not much but it was rent. And you know what, I am a better person because of it. It taught me responsibility and budgeting.
Agreed, but the funny thing is that my sister & two brothers saw me having to pay rent, so none of them would ever get a job so that they didn't have to pay also. Lesson kinda backfired there, mom & dad.:rolleyes::D

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Agreed, but the funny thing is that my sister & two brothers saw me having to pay rent, so none of them would ever get a job so that they didn't have to pay also. Lesson kinda backfired there, mom & dad.:rolleyes::D
And yet you seem to have turned out to be a good guy, lol. Lesson is that life is not fair!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Thanks guys! Its gonna be nice to have my own home again. I owned my first home when I was 21, but then again I was 21 when I owend my first home and lost it...

You're all invited out to the house warming bon fire party after the move and I get settled in...

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Sounds great Eric...

Good luck on your soon to be new place...

trouble11

Equipment
kubota b9200, bf350fel,b4530 hoe, 2002 Gmc Sierra with plow
Jun 12, 2012
Plattsburgh, NY
What more could a single Guy need?
Looks like You,ve got a lot of room for Your Equipment and sort of looks like it,s in the Country which is good. If I were closer I would be there to help but I live near the Canadian border in NY. I sure wish I could make Your House warming Party, but My Heart will be there.
Best of Luck my Friend
Jeff

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Congrats on the new place Eric. Straight ahead man, don't look back.

Last edited:

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Eric, that place is a palace compared to some places I've lived, "be it ever so humble, there is no place like home", congratulations on your new home.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
You put a little TLC into that place like a flick of paint and you'd be surprised just how nice it can look. Hey when I was staring out wifey and I had one small child, one rocking chair and one mattress and a run down apartment.

I worked over time every day for eight months then one day I took wifey and our little boy to the furniture store in town and told her to pick out the appliances she wanted and the furniture she wanted. She looked like she thought it was a joke but I had the money to buy it by that time.
The day before that I had put a down payment on a mobile home that she new nothing about and had all the new things delivered there. It was a fully loaded home and we loved the place.

She was 20 then and our little boy was less than a year old. When she realized what I did she cried like a baby.

Point is, most everyone has had rough times in their lives, me included but it seems that everyone remembers those rough times the most, I know we sure do.
I call those hard times " The School Of Hard Knocks" that we all learn from. It's hard to know where your going if you don't remember where you've been.

Now your on your way to a better life and good luck with it.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Congrats, Eric! I wish that I could be there to help you move!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know Paul I never thought about it but those times are the ones we learned the most about our selves,,
and the best to you and your little lunch box Eric:D