Moving Day.....

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well thanks to my "father" who's being an asshole I'm being thrown out of the house and have to be gone by Monday morning at 11am or the Sheriffs Dept removes me. The old man has got some kinda burr up his butt so I gotta go so wife #4 can move in...

I am moving 20 miles west of town and not 100% sure what the internet connection will be like out there so I may not be on as much as I used too. I know with these smart phone they can do all kinds of things so I'll see if I can use it as a hotspot so I don't miss much around here. I don't like playing with the mobile site case its ittybitty and my fat fingers hate using a touch screen.

Aint it great a father is throwing his son out in the cold and not giving him half a chance to find a place on his own...

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Sorry to hear that.:( Some times a blessing first appears as a curse. Hope everything works out for the best.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Been struggling to get back up on my feet and its everytime I get things back in order and start doing good again something else has to come along and foul it all up for me. Its like I'm supposed to struggle all my life... Oh well I'm still kickin and screamin...

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Do you have the help you need to get moved?
And, of course, I'm sorry to hear this is happening- I know that you have been working hard, and scratching and clawing your way back. It isn't easy, but what doesn't kill you does make you stronger, and you are a strong man.
540-942-3210

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeppers it do suck some days, but look at it like this,,, If it was easy anybody could do it,, The best you buddy

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I don't know enough about you, your dad or your situation to do much more than offer condolences. In my professional life, I worked with people in similar situations and worse. The first step was always to sit down and do a life assessment along with a plan of action. You might check with some sources in your area or get together with someone whose opinion you value and go over your options.

As a young man, I was homeless for some time as was my older brother. In time we both worked our way out of it and were reasonably successful. I am sure you can do the same, just don't give up.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I was young and made alot of mistakes in life. My 20's were a wreck, between fileing bankruptcy and loosing a house and having cars repoed I moved in with dad to get back up on my feet and away from the woman who put me in debt. Moved back home 4 years ago to regroup and like an idiot I turned to drinking and partying and alot of alcohol which got me in trouble with a DUI.

But as they say when one door closes others will open and me getting the DUI was probably the best thing to happen to me and put things into better perspective. Having a Class A CDL at the time I lost my license for a year and ended my 10 year career as a truck driver. Which is fine I have no regrets truckin for a livin.

But now I want to focus on my landsaping business and get that off the ground and running full time again after being gone for a few years.

Currently just minor set backs that I keep having to detour around again but you can't keep a good man down!

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Well thanks to my "father" who's being an asshole I'm being thrown out of the house and have to be gone by Monday morning at 11am or the Sheriffs Dept removes me. The old man has got some kinda burr up his butt so I gotta go so wife #4 can move in...

I am moving 20 miles west of town and not 100% sure what the internet connection will be like out there so I may not be on as much as I used too. I know with these smart phone they can do all kinds of things so I'll see if I can use it as a hotspot so I don't miss much around here. I don't like playing with the mobile site case its ittybitty and my fat fingers hate using a touch screen.

Aint it great a father is throwing his son out in the cold and not giving him half a chance to find a place on his own...
Eric:

Sorry about the bum deal. Keep your chin up. It might be for the best. Be sure to take your tractor with you.

Burt

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I was young and made alot of mistakes in life. My 20's were a wreck, between fileing bankruptcy and loosing a house and having cars repoed I moved in with dad to get back up on my feet and away from the woman who put me in debt. Moved back home 4 years ago to regroup and like an idiot I turned to drinking and partying and alot of alcohol which got me in trouble with a DUI.

But as they say when one door closes others will open and me getting the DUI was probably the best thing to happen to me and put things into better perspective. Having a Class A CDL at the time I lost my license for a year and ended my 10 year career as a truck driver. Which is fine I have no regrets truckin for a livin.

But now I want to focus on my landsaping business and get that off the ground and running full time again after being gone for a few years.

Currently just minor set backs that I keep having to detour around again but you can't keep a good man down!
Wow, Eric. My respect for you went up a notch. Many, many people gloss over their mistakes (and we ALL have made them), but you call it what it is, and move on. I admire that. You are a good man, and you have learned a lot. Keep moving forward.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
It does take a true man to look in the mirror and reflect. It takes a coward to point fingers and blame others. While going thru divorce I found sanctuary in Jesus Christ. Many days I thought just dieing would be better. But Jesus and prayer got me through. I pray Eric will find the sanctuary he needs to move ahead in life also.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I've been in and out with alot in life and have just breezed through to get to this point. I can admit to my mistakes, some consider them extreme but hey there are people out there who have done worse then me. I look at it as I have a Masters Degree from the School of Hard Knocks and I could teach a class or two. I just dust myself off and keep on pokeing along.

Right now I also look at is no I'm not ontop of the world at this very moment but I'm not living in a cardboard box either.

I have a golden oppertunity with my landscape business to carry it as far and big as I want to. No reason why I can't build it to a multimillion dollar business or keep it simple and live comfortabley. The sky is the limit on this one, so may as well make the best of it. I have no desire to have a milliondollar operation or shiney flashy new Kubotas and trucks. I'll be happy with what I can afford and work it from there.

I just never thought I'd end up in court with my dad about me being evicted and if I dont leave willingly then I'll be forced to go.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Whatever you, keep your head up, be proud of what you have overcome so far in your life, and stay out of the bottle so you don't get in trouble again. Some times in life, all you can do is put one foot in front of the other and don't look back. 4 and 1/2 years ago, I was in an accident at work where a chain broke when I was using a large farm tractor to pull out a stuck ten wheeler. The chain came thru the back window of the tractor and broke my skull and eye socket. I received a brain injury plus a whole host of other injuries. Last year, we were forced out of our house that the family farm owned, which I was part owner of and had to sell my share of the business, Because my cousin and my 80 uncle didn't like the fact I couldn't work much anymore. Needless to say it was a very tramatic event for my family to move. But we did it and restarted our life by basically taking it one day at a time. Doesn't family suck some times. So keep the faith, and the good Lord willing, and you can over come all this and make yourself a better person.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Sorry to hear about all this Eric. I have been down a road very close to yours. My Dad got married to a total nut case and I went almost 10 years without even hardly speaking to dad. I hardly ever saw him and never did spend any time with him. After the blonde headed witch bled him dry of everything including his health I tried to spend time with him when I could but it was never the same. To much time lost and I had my own path to follow I guess you could say.

Now my dad is gone and I'll never have the chance to do anything with him ever again. I don't know everything that's happened between you and your dad but I can tell you this for sure. You can never get the time back after there gone and none of us knows when it will happen. My dad was only 67 when he passed.
You and your dad may never speak again but my advise to you would be to do your part and at least try to make things right. At least if something happened to him your heart will be at peace knowing you did what you could do to fix things.

Good luck my friend.

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Sorry to hear about all this Eric. I have been down a road very close to yours. My Dad got married to a total nut case and I went almost 10 years without even hardly speaking to dad. I hardly ever saw him and never did spend any time with him. After the blonde headed witch bled him dry of everything including his health I tried to spend time with him when I could but it was never the same. To much time lost and I had my own path to follow I guess you could say.

Now my dad is gone and I'll never have the chance to do anything with him ever again. I don't know everything that's happened between you and your dad but I can tell you this for sure. You can never get the time back after there gone and none of us knows when it will happen. My dad was only 67 when he passed.
You and your dad may never speak again but my advise to you would be to do your part and at least try to make things right. At least if something happened to him your heart will be at peace knowing you did what you could do to fix things.

Good luck my friend.
Excellent advice and touching story, I had a similar situation and had no contact with my father for many years, he didn't see me or my family for about thirteen years and lived in another state. Many reverses in his life changed his attitude and established contact with me and my brother. We helped him move back to his home state and spent the last six years of his life mending relationships. We had to forgive a lot, but glad we did.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
IIIMMM BAAACCCKKKK!!!! WOW it feels good to turn then lights on around here again! Had to go out and buy a air card for the laptop so I could get some internet connection here in the country.

NOW to try and get caught up on everything I've missed around here...

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Whatever you, keep your head up, be proud of what you have overcome so far in your life, and stay out of the bottle so you don't get in trouble again.
You fail to understand Im the kinda guy who'd kill a half gallon of Southern Comfort in 30 minutes.... I've chosen to slow my roll on drinking at NOT drink and drive AGAIN!. I plan to stay the hell at home where its cheaper and safer to do so...

Aint no shame in drinking just have to do it wisely... Some people say I am/was an alcoholic. I dont see it that way. Do I enjoy/like alcohol HELL YES! Do I depend on it to function... NOPE! I can go days, weeks, months with out it or hardly any consumption at all, never phase me a bit. Like I said in the past it was just party mode and enjoying life which came at a price.

Last edited:

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
You fail to understand Im the kinda guy who'd kill a half gallon of Southern Comfort in 30 minutes.... I've chosen to slow my roll on drinking at NOT drink and drive AGAIN!. I plan to stay the hell at home where its cheaper and safer to do so...

Aint no shame in drinking just have to do it wisely... Some people say I am/was an alcoholic. I dont see it that way. Do I enjoy/like alcohol HELL YES! Do I depend on it to function... NOPE! I can go days, weeks, months with out it or hardly any consumption at all, never phase me a bit. Like I said in the past it was just party mode and enjoying life which came at a price.
Eric, I mean no disrespect and don't want to start a war and only say this because I truly don't want to see you have further problems. I come from a family of "problem drinkers" none of which admitted a "problem". I also worked with hundreds of alcohol/drug users/abusers for over thirty years almost all of whom said, "I don't have a problem".

Your post raises all sorts of red flags and I can pretty much predict your reaction to this. I sincerely hope I am wrong and best of luck.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Eric, I mean no disrespect and don't want to start a war and only say this because I truly don't want to see you have further problems. I come from a family of "problem drinkers" none of which admitted a "problem". I also worked with hundreds of alcohol/drug users/abusers for over thirty years almost all of whom said, "I don't have a problem".

Your post raises all sorts of red flags and I can pretty much predict your reaction to this. I sincerely hope I am wrong and best of luck.
If this were facebook, I would hit like. I have no doubts about your sincerity or authority, TripleR. Even if his statements upsets you, Eric, I hope that you can recognize his honest care and concern for you. You have true friends here.

navspecwar

Equipment
B3300HST FEL, ATH72 Finish Mower, 5ft KKRear Blade,Piranha TB
Oct 5, 2013
Marion, Illinois
Eric, I am new around here and I hope all works out for you! I come from a long line of alcoholics and I am one myself. Yep, I am an alcoholic and I do not even drink now. I was always told its not how often you drink that determines alcoholism as much as what happens when you do drink. I really hope and pray all works out for you and I truly hope your relationship with your family is healed. Please look to YOUR higher power, whatever that may be for you, and find peace my friend. My heart truly goes out to you and your family. Please take care and as you stated, dust your knees off and keep moving forward! I am a firm believer that life does not offer the neutral gear.....you put it in forward or reverse each morning when you wake up........Ask yourself, what gear do I choose today!!! Good luck my friend!!

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
There ya go my brother, some have been down that road,, and we do not want to see another follow that path, and each one has said the same thing, it all starts with one word "I" remember my friend a wise man once said one step one day,, Peace and know we lovs ya man