L3800 injector pump pressure

Jimbilly64

Dec 19, 2018
Texas
Update-
Injection pump failed when the shop tested it and he said the injectors were not "failing" but he said it was close to their standards.
So pump and all three injectors were rebuilt. I installed everything last night and she runs pretty dang good. Only thing that stood out is a slight delay when its sitting at idle and i throttle it up...?its not choking out or sputtering or anything .....Might be normal for this tractor i'm not sure.

EDIT*- Now that i type it out and think about it I think it hesitated idling down as well... kind of odd, i didn't remove the throttle lines or mess with the adjustment.

Either way here are some numbers for reference if anyone is in the Houston area looking at the same project.

Facility I used was M&D Distributors
Injection pump total cost on rebuild and test was $500
Each Injector test and rebuild cost was $105
I did replace the hard metal "Fuel Reclaim" line that runs between each injector due to the "crap" that i blew out of it, it was kind of difficult to clean so i just replaced it to be 100%
Fuel Filter replacement, and fresh oil change.
All in All right at $1100

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Jim - -

For $1,100, I don't think your buddy can go wrong....maybe he'll pay closer attention to which jug he sticks in the fuel tank! :eek: ;)

Good for you for helping him out.

Thanks for coming back to let us know the outcome, along with the details/cost for the repairs! Will help others in the future.

Last edited:

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Appreciate you taking the time to document the solution and details.

Turned out to be an expensive education for your buddy.

You're a real friend for helping him out.

Jimbilly64

Dec 19, 2018
Texas
Thank Ya'll! Once i get this one hauled back over to his house I got a larger Kubota owned by a non-profit i help out with that has some Hydraulic issues, and im not very strong with hydraulics so i will need all the help i can get on the next thread.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thank Ya'll! Once i get this one hauled back over to his house I got a larger Kubota owned by a non-profit i help out with that has some Hydraulic issues, and im not very strong with hydraulics so i will need all the help i can get on the next thread.
Thanks for the reply, and see we're not such a bad group. :D
And yes there are several on here that will be more than happy to help with the hydraulic issues! ;)

Reactions: 1 user

chipper1

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800
Sep 19, 2018
Grand Rapids MI USA
The fix was post #21.
That's called missing what I did there 😄.
What you wrote.
Thanks for the reply, and see we're not such a bad group. :D
How I fixed what you wrote when I corrected what you said lol.
"Thanks for the reply, I see you're not a bad guy. :D"

My point was, that the OP isn't a bad guy either, especially since he came back and shared what the fix was, so many never do and you hit a dead end reading a whole thread.
So thanks @Jimbilly64