L2195 wider skid shoes?I bought a

Tkranz

Equipment
L4330, Ford 8n
Nov 13, 2020
East Aurora, ny
I bought a front mounted l2195 blower last winter. Worked great when my gravel driveway was frozen. The blower digs into the gravel a bit when driveway is not frozen hard. I bought an extra set of the skid shoes and plan to widen them to use when drive is soft. Maybe double the skid area? Anyone try this for gravel driveways?

MINICUP28

Equipment
B7610, KX-018, RTV-500, JD X758
Feb 21, 2019
COBLESKILL, NY
Until its frozen you have to keep it up off the gravel. I have a 300' driveway and a 1/4 mile steep road. i leave a few inches until it gets safe to lower it all the way.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
My old neighbor put a piece of PVC pipe on the blade edge to help it skid over gravel. Worked incredibly well. Even on paved drives, it didn't leave any marks.
Edit- didn't see this was a thread about a blower. I was talking about a bucket. Still, it might work.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Snowblower shoes have many variations. I made mine longer/wider here:

I lined them with UHMW here:

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Same here. My blower is fine going forwards in not-yet-frozen gravel, (shoes down all the way of course) but as soon as I turn, the inside edge pulls gravel into the blower and you know what happens.
It took me a few tries, but I just did a combination of:
-hmmm, I can let that 1-2" of snow sit there and we'll just drive on it.
-waiting
-try to go as straight as possible when you do blow
-raise the blower up. (FEL stick/hydraulics) This "works" to eliminate most gravel from getting in, but unless your driveway is dead flat (who's is?) the blower will naturally move up and down with the curves and bumps that the tractors 4-wheels will encounter, rather than the blower riding on the shoes like normal.

One thing I have NOT done, is custom fit some biggie WHEELS (like you'd see on the front of a ZT mower etc) and fix them somehow onto the blower. This mod has promise, but lotsa work. Especially for my particular blower which has bracing in all the wrong spots for mods. (BX2830 blower on a BX2380)

Last edited: