Kubota horn button

Haze

Equipment
Kubota L3800DT 4WD FEL; FORD 841 ELENCO 4WD FEL; Ford 641 Workmaster
Aug 13, 2013
LA, (Lower Alabama)
Here is what I came up with. I used custom Carling switches for horn, rear lights, & spotlights. They fit well and are easy to reach behind the shifter. And best of all I don't have to cut up the body of my new tractor.

Attachments

Last edited:

ck21084

Equipment
L3200-DT, LP 1672,B7100 enrossi 5ft finish mower, 7ft backblade, 20"subsoiler
Jul 6, 2013
United States
This looks great. What did you use as the switch plate?

Haze

Equipment
Kubota L3800DT 4WD FEL; FORD 841 ELENCO 4WD FEL; Ford 641 Workmaster
Aug 13, 2013
LA, (Lower Alabama)
I bought the Carling snap in switch trim with the switches and made an extension of the factory shifter bracket out of some scrap plate I had in the barn. I painted it Kubota gray and used the two factory bolts to mount it. Took longer for the paint to cure than it did to make the plate.

It's a much more convenient location in my opinion and they are protected.

Attachments

Last edited:

ck21084

Equipment
L3200-DT, LP 1672,B7100 enrossi 5ft finish mower, 7ft backblade, 20"subsoiler
Jul 6, 2013
United States
Haze,

Where do you purchase the actuators and switches? I have searched sites hind and low all afternoon and can only find the horn version if the actuators.

Chris

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Well, I *finally* got around to installing the Kubota horn button and a Stebel air horn I've had for a long time. Figured I'd post pics and tie this thread off, sorry for the delay (I hate threads that just stop open ended)

I installed the horn over the battery, just behind the grille. Yep, it's LOUD.

j022774

Equipment
BX 25 fel, backhoe, 60" belly mower
Jun 5, 2012
Crossville tn
Anyone ever seen any kind of wireless remote button that could be mounted to center of steering wheel on BX25? I want to put it on the steering wheel just so it feels natural and is in a logical place.

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Thanks for the part number! (3c583-75050)
Just ordered it through local Kubota dealer. $42.67

Last edited:

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Re: Kubota horn (and other) buttons

I put just a simple horn on my GR 2120 easy to install and low-priced at Amazon, for those who don't want to start putting holes in there dash or don't have room to do so. I copied the idea from my golf cart. Easy to use foot button and loud enough to hear anywhere on my 1 acre property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

I put just a simple horn on....Easy to use foot button ...[/IMG]
The foot button should work great for some models.... but not for a lot of others. When that crazy dog, cat, cow, tree, child on a bike etc jump out in front of you; one foot stomps on the brakes AND other the clutch; leaving you without a foot left to hit a horn button.

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Oh....I only use the horn for waves and beer, two honks the neighbors wave three honks wife brings me a cold beer. [emoji12]
But seriously I guess you could mount it somewhere where you can reach it with your hand.

Last edited:

TripleJFarms

Equipment
2008 Kubota M9540 4x4 FEL, 12x12 Power Shuttle trans. Cab
May 13, 2016
Parsons, TN

I purchased my Kubota M9540 a few weeks ago. Didn't have a horn but I thought no big deal....WRONG!!!! Over the past few weeks I have found myself knocking on windows, reveing engine, opening door yelling, calling on cell phone and having to shut engine off to get my son or friends attention. Not to mention that the cows won't "moove".

So I started search and found this post. I ordered the horn button that fits the M9960, found a horn kit at Harbor Freight for $7 two horns in kit and they are loud. Had to cut the square hole in dash to mount the Kubota horn button, but I think it looks a lot nicer than an aftermarket button. It took several hours to install everything but I ran all wires through looms and made it look close to factor as I could.
Thanks for the post helped for what I was looking for.

2008 Kubota M9540 4x4, 12x12 Power Shuttle trans. Cab Tractor

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario

Nice job , looks factory.

wiltff

Equipment
L3800 HST & FEL. 66" LP Tiller, 72" EA Boxblade, 84" Woods disc, 96" rake
Aug 6, 2016
Milwaukee, WI

I am going to add a Stebel horn to my L3800 and want to find a button to mount on the dash panel by the Hazard button that looks factory. Is there any other Kubota product, tractor or UTV that has a horn button? I know there has to be but have no idea which it would be and you guys would likely know.

I know I can just run down to the auto parts store and get one, but I am a real stickler for adding mods that look like they came on the tractor (or whatever I am putting them on).

Thanks.

Looks great Number9. I did almost the same thing. What did you do for your connection to the factory horn switch? MESSICK'S told me they cannot get any wiring to connect to the switch, all I'm looking for is a pigtail connection. 20170322_115115.jpg

20170322_113924.jpg

wiltff

Equipment
Aug 6, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Drilled 1/8" holes in the corners, used a scroll saw blade manually to make a square like hole. Then cleaned it up with a dremel. I tried to sneak up on the proper sized hole instead of making the hole to big and sloppy. I didn't want the switch to rock from side to side when pushed on.

I stop by my kubota dealer today and he had a chassis wiring harness with some bad parts. We found the plug that I needed for my horn switch and he cut off 6" of wire with the plug. Awesome score for 5 bucks.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I stop by my kubota dealer today and he had a chassis wiring harness with some bad parts. We found the plug that I needed for my horn switch and he cut off 6" of wire with the plug. Awesome score for 5 bucks.
Awesome dealer. Mine would have made me pay 50% over new list for the whole harness, then charged me a fee to cut off the needed plug.

wiltff

Equipment
Aug 6, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Awesome dealer. Mine would have made me pay 50% over new list for the whole harness, then charged me a fee to cut off the needed plug.
I have a dealer like that closer to me. I don't give them my business anymore. I am very blunt and to the point, I told them why they would not get my business anymore. They didn't understand, I had to take them the part numbers because they could not find anything. Frustrating.