Kubota horn button

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Kubota horn (and other) buttons

I am going to add a Stebel horn to my L3800 and want to find a button to mount on the dash panel by the Hazard button that looks factory. Is there any other Kubota product, tractor or UTV that has a horn button? I know there has to be but have no idea which it would be and you guys would likely know.

I know I can just run down to the auto parts store and get one, but I am a real stickler for adding mods that look like they came on the tractor (or whatever I am putting them on).

Thanks.

Last edited:

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
I am going to add a Stebel horn to my L3800 and want to find a button to mount on the dash panel by the Hazard button that looks factory. Is there any other Kubota product, tractor or UTV that has a horn button? I know there has to be but have no idea which it would be and you guys would likely know.

I know I can just run down to the auto parts store and get one, but I am a real stickler for adding mods that look like they came on the tractor (or whatever I am putting them on).

Thanks.

Number 9,

Good idea. I didn't know what a Stebel horn is and Wow! Looked it up on the interet. That will get over the diesel noise! I have an "OOOGAH" horn ready to install here. I was thinking about putting the horn switch on the inside of the left fender by the seat. There is a DC wire that is there unused underneath the fender. Putting the switch there might be easier than reaching for the horn switch on the panel.

Our tractor is an L3700SU, the last prototype for the L3800 and I'm told it is the same tractor as the L3800. You may have the same wire in the same place.

Whatever you do, I'd enjoy seeing how you end up doing it.

I don't know of any Kubota horn switches, sorry.

Burt

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
B7100's have a horn button on the dash. Part # 54711-41830

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Cool figure it out, post it, and then I can add my Dukes of Hazard horn to my BX,,, It aint the General Lee more like Privet klutz,,,, Yeeeee Hawwww

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
I was going down the road of using the Contura switches like shown below, but they are really only "good enough" and my second choice. They are just too big to suit me for the dash space I have available on the L3800.

Well, after looking at TONS and TONS of pics of every recent Kubota model tractor I can, from Kubota's site as well as just doing a Google search on that model tractor and finding pics where people list them for sale on websites and have included a pic of the dash area, I've come up the following......

Switch, Horn 3C583-75050 - $38.56 at Messicks
- from an M9960 with cab
- is an exact match to the Hazard button on my tractor

Switch, Work Light - T1270-33782 - $31.83 at Messicks
- from a Grand L60 and M7040
- on the kubota webpage showing the Grand L60 Features, it describes this switch as "Front Side Lights" and you can see it says FS and has the light shining down on the ground and not straight out. I am going to install "rock lights" on my tractor, which will be under the floorboard and light the area of the ground between my tires so I can look down at night and see if my tires are about to drop into a hole or off the edge of a ditch, etc. This switch will work great for that.
- is an exact match to the Hazard button on my tractor

I am still working to find a light button that is an exact match to my Hazard. There HAS to be one, surely.....but I ain't found it yet. Closest I've found is the ones posted before, from an L45 / M59 and in the pic below. It's not an exact match to the Hazard button or the other buttons I've found, it has a little different styling. It will work if that's all I can find, but I REALLY want to find one that is the SAME as the others.

Switch, Work Light - 36919-54222 - $42.38 at Messicks

I know that somewhere out there there are tractors that come factory with horn buttons and light switches and I know that if they've made that one style switch as shown above with the Hazard, Horn and FS Light, there HAS TO BE one with a regular light symbol on it......somewhere....

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
I haven't had the hazard switch out, I'll do that if that's what it takes to track down the last switch I need.

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Bummer. Even if you've located the supplier, be prepared to be told that making just one of the horn button icon when they don't make/stock it is going to cost you. Big. I did a similar project for a customer that wanted a switch with a particular symbol on it. Cost him over $500 bucks!!!

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Bummer. Even if you've located the supplier, be prepared to be told that making just one of the horn button icon when they don't make/stock it is going to cost you. Big. I did a similar project for a customer that wanted a switch with a particular symbol on it. Cost him over $500 bucks!!!
Yea, I wasn't looking to have one made custom or one-off, I just figure that since Kabota had the other (earlier ?) style switch with the standard light symbol and obviously make the newer style switch with the "FS" light symbol that surely they made a newer style switch with the standard light symbol for some tractor, RTV, etc somewhere.

Also since I know suppliers often make the same switches for different tractor brands, maybe they make one like that for a Massey or New Holland or whatever.

I've got an email out to Kubota Parts department as well as Denso inquiring about this switch. Hopefully I'll hear back soon.

I've got my lights in now and mounted on the tractor but no switches to run them with at this point.

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Well Damn. Got a response from Kubota that they couldn't match the switch I am looking for to one that is offered on a Kubota tractor. :(

I've asked if they can tell me who the manufacturer is so I can purse that path, but I'd doubt they will tell me. I've got emails to Carling and Denso asking them about the switch as well, though I don't expect much different response.

If I can't find that switch, and looks like it ain't gonna happen, and I have to run with mis-matched switches, I'll probably just go with the Kubota horn switch mounted by the Hazard switch and then get the Carling switches to run the lights. :rolleyes:

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Also, I got an email back from Denso confirming that they make the switch but that they can't give out information on OE items and I'd have to get that through Kubota.

I just ended up placing an order for the Carling switches I posted before. Oh well.

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Got the Carling switches in yesterday. Haven't decided where I am going to moutn them yet, but most likely in the dash, below the steering column I think. I'll post up pics when done. Still need to order the Kubota horn switch.