Kubota emulator

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
It is a factory item. I had to cut it off the wiring harness. No plug.
If it is indeed a factory item you can buy a replacement from Kubota. Yes, it may be expensive.

Almost certainly, you will not be able to buy it elsewhere.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Yes I bought it new in 2014 it may have other things wrong with it. I really do not understand why you guys think I am lying. Erect is the info that was on the tag on the tractor, jt194, tops model #sfb-f50, tops ser # 51284. I did order a shop manual have not got it yet. The box was on top of the motor. I bought bit at a kubota dealer. The wiring diagrams that I have found so far do not show it. I reall do want to thank you for yours and others replies. Thanks
Here are the boards inside the box I saw a web page marked on one of the boards I going to try it

Attachments

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Here are the boards inside the box I saw a web page marked on one of the boards I going to try it
There is no such box on top of the motor of my B3350.

Does your B3350 have both DPF and reformer in place?

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
His is what I found on the site The Kubota engine used in Kubota engine vehicles uses adblue fluid in some models and only DPF filter is available in others. In vehicles that only have a DPF filter and do not use Adblue fluid, the error rate is higher than in vehicles using Adblue fluid because the DPF filter fills faster than the vehicles used. For this reason, it will offer a smooth operation thanks to the Kubota DPF emulator developed to minimize the error rate in Kubota vehicles using only DPF filters that do not use Adblue fluid. Sailteknoloji.com

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I checked that website and it is in Turkey and they sell emulators to defeat the DPF system.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok

Guess you are w

it has a reformer for sure form the place that makes the emulator it was made to cut down on the errors sent to the ecu. Here is the description from their site. The Kubota engine used in Kubota engine vehicles uses adblue fluid in some models and only DPF filter is available in others. In vehicles that only have a DPF filter and do not use Adblue fluid, the error rate is higher than in vehicles using Adblue fluid because the DPF filter fills faster than the vehicles used. For this reason, it will offer a smooth operation thanks to the Kubota DPF emulator developed to minimize the error rate in Kubota vehicles using only DPF filters that do not use Adblue fluid.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
I checked that website and it is in Turkey and they sell emulators to defeat the DPF system.
The info from their site says it is used to cut down errors. The Kubota engine used in Kubota engine vehicles uses adblue fluid in some models and only DPF filter is available in others. In vehicles that only have a DPF filter and do not use Adblue fluid, the error rate is higher than in vehicles using Adblue fluid because the DPF filter fills faster than the vehicles used. For this reason, it will offer a smooth operation thanks to the Kubota DPF emulator developed to minimize the error rate in Kubota vehicles using only DPF filters that do not use Adblue fluid.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Guess you are w

it has a reformer for sure form the place that makes the emulator it was made to cut down on the errors sent to the ecu. Here is the description from their site. The Kubota engine used in Kubota engine vehicles uses adblue fluid in some models and only DPF filter is available in others. In vehicles that only have a DPF filter and do not use Adblue fluid, the error rate is higher than in vehicles using Adblue fluid because the DPF filter fills faster than the vehicles used. For this reason, it will offer a smooth operation thanks to the Kubota DPF emulator developed to minimize the error rate in Kubota vehicles using only DPF filters that do not use Adblue fluid.
If you read through their emulator page, it is setup to remove the DPF.

When you go to this page on their website: https://www.canbusemulator.com/dpf-emulatorleri/kubota-dpf-emulatoru

It explains it is designed to completely eliminating the DPF system and stopping all errors.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
His is what I found on the site The Kubota engine used in Kubota engine vehicles uses adblue fluid in some models and only DPF filter is available in others. In vehicles that only have a DPF filter and do not use Adblue fluid, the error rate is higher than in vehicles using Adblue fluid because the DPF filter fills faster than the vehicles used. For this reason, it will offer a smooth operation thanks to the Kubota DPF emulator developed to minimize the error rate in Kubota vehicles using only DPF filters that do not use Adblue fluid. Sailteknoloji.com
Works good - eliminates annoying DPF errors and regens. It also gives you easy to diagnose and repair vehicle fires and toasted wiring 😈

TOH

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Curious, I think I found it ,or a close cousin, thanks to the new pictures !!

It IS an 'emulator' that allows you to illegally bypass the SCR/DPF controls of the tractor's computer.
NOT a Kubota part !!! Others will know but someone installed this device AFTER the tractor was made.
I asked about the hours,which is a clue. If runtime hours cannot be changed, and tractor had 0 (zero), then dealer might have installed it (though I don't know why...). if the tractor had any hours on it, then the previous owner installed the device. Since there's no way to trace ownership, it's unknown who did install the device. Here in Canada, vehicles(cars/trucks/MCs) have 'paperwork' that follows who owned them,when, and mileage... Nothing like that for 'non highway use' vehicles like tractors,combines, bulldozers.

I'd like to se the engine wiring to see the damage. It may be possible to 'cut and splice' the wires instead of paying for a new harness.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
This brings up an interesting question, if you bought the tractor brand new, then who placed the emulator on there? If you didn't do it, then it would appear that the dealer would be the next logical guess on who placed the illegal device on there.

Reactions: 1 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
All Kubota B3350 tractors sold in the US have DPFs and none use diesel exhaust fluid.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
I downloaded the B3350 WSM there's NO '11 pin black box' in any of the wiring diagrams and none of the engine pictures show it either.I couldn't see any 11 pin connector in the diagrams either.
That leads me to believe, like others, that it is a 'DPF bypass' and the name 'emulator' kinda says so.
There's no way Kubota would add the box to bypass their DPF equipment so it's a mystery to 'us' as to who,when,where,why the device was added. It's not that we think you're lying but the device isn't OEM.
Curious, when you bought the tractor in 2014 how many hours was on it?
Again, pictures of the engine and wiring would be nice to see.
The Kubota engine used in Kubota engine vehicles uses adblue fluid in some models and only DPF filter is available in others. In vehicles that only have a DPF filter and do not use Adblue fluid, the error rate is higher than in vehicles using Adblue fluid because the DPF filter fills faster than the vehicles used. For this reason, it will offer a smooth operation thanks to the Kubota DPF emulator developed to minimize the error rate in Kubota vehicles using only DPF filters that do not use Adblue fluid.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
This brings up an interesting question, if you bought the tractor brand new, then who placed the emulator on there? If you didn't do it, then it would appear that the dealer would be the next logical guess on who placed the illegal device on there.
The Kubota engine used in Kubota engine vehicles uses adblue fluid in some models and only DPF filter is available in others. In vehicles that only have a DPF filter and do not use Adblue fluid, the error rate is higher than in vehicles using Adblue fluid because the DPF filter fills faster than the vehicles used. For this reason, it will offer a smooth operation thanks to the Kubota DPF emulator developed to minimize the error rate in Kubota vehicles using only DPF filters that do not use Adblue fluid.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Yes, I read that on their site also. I also went to the PDF instructions and read where it accomplishes this lower error rate by eliminating the DPF system.

Not my tractor, you do what you want. Yet, your are saying you didn't put it on there, I would want to know how an illegal item got on my tractor.

Good luck.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Works good - eliminates annoying DPF errors and regens. It also gives you easy to diagnose and repair vehicle fires and toasted wiring 😈

TOH
I would think twice about installing not UL or CE certified aftermarket electrical equipment unless I parked the machine in a field and was hoping for an insurance claim. The OP is playing with fire and only a couple of wires got burned...this time.🔥

Certainly eliminates the DPF problems! If it doesn't run you don't need DPF!

Last edited: