Kubota emulator

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
The emulator on my Kubota b3350su was damaged Kubota wants 2400 for a wiring harness that the emulator is a part of does anyone know where I can get another one.or how to bypass this one. Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think you have your terminology wrong, an emulator is used to bypass emissions systems, and Kubota has nothing to do with them.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
I think you have your terminology wrong, an emulator is used to bypass emissions systems, and Kubota has nothing to do with them.
It says emulator on the little box it was hooked directly to the wiring harness the box melted I could it off the wiring harness abd got into the box it has two electronic boards in it. The best i can tell it hooks to the temperature sensors. The box was labeled emulator no mistake. Thanks for your reply

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Post pictures? Can you see if the plugs are damaged? Can you just unplug it and plug it back in like factory? Is the big round thing still on the exhaust? Did you buy the tractor like that? If it is an emulator then it will hook to pressure sensors(at least 2) and temperature sensors(at least 3). So many questions........

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It says emulator on the little box it was hooked directly to the wiring harness the box melted I could it off the wiring harness abd got into the box it has two electronic boards in it. The best i can tell it hooks to the temperature sensors. The box was labeled emulator no mistake. Thanks for your reply
Well yep that adds a lot of questions to the mix!
It's not a factory part and sounds like things been deleted.
And it's kind of sad, because anything emissions related on that tractor has a lifetime warranty if it was stock and not altered.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
If indeed it is an emission bypass, it’s really interesting that Kubota would have one to sell, at any price, given the fines for doing so.

But the B3350 and is/was known for problems with the emissions/regen system, so?? Someone went all VW on it.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
If indeed it is an emission bypass, it’s really interesting that Kubota would have one to sell, at any price, given the fines for doing so.

But the B3350 and is/was known for problems with the emissions/regen system, so?? Someone went all VW on it.
So your theory is that Kubota built an emulator to defeat the emissions system, but, still has a lifetime warranty on the emission system(when they could of eliminated it)? Yet the emulator failed and Kubota wants to charge to fix it???? Also VW did not build the ECM they just programmed it, Bosch built the ECM and verified it could support the bypass feature((that VW provided and Bosch did QA on it))(Followed this very closely as an auto tech with a few TDI's) Bosch was involved as I got the check copy to prove it.

Reactions: 1 users

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
So your theory is that Kubota built an emulator to defeat the emissions system, but, still has a lifetime warranty on the emission system(when they could of eliminated it)? Yet the emulator failed and Kubota wants to charge to fix it???? Also VW did not build the ECM they just programmed it, Bosch built the ECM and verified it could support the bypass feature((that VW provided and Bosch did QA on it))(Followed this very closely as an auto tech with a few TDI's) Bosch was involved as I got the check copy to prove it.
My dealer refused to work on mine under warranty I do not think it is a by pass I think it is a communication device that they use to com to the ecu. The wires going to it are very small there are 11. One-off them came loose and I can not get it to start. It started once when I tried to hoo the wire back up. I am not trying to argue I am trying to fix my tractor.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
My dealer refused to work on mine under warranty I do not think it is a by pass I think it is a communication device that they use to com to the ecu. The wires going to it are very small there are 11. One-off them came loose and I can not get it to start. It started once when I tried to hoo the wire back up. I am not trying to argue I am trying to fix my tractor.
. It was connected directly to the wiring harness from the factory.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Post pictures? Can you see if the plugs are damaged? Can you just unplug it and plug it back in like factory? Is the big round thing still on the exhaust? Did you buy the tractor like that? If it is an emulator then it will hook to pressure sensors(at least 2) and temperature sensors(at least 3). So many questions........
Yes it was on the tractor new the small black box that had emulator on the tag on the box. I think it is a communication device between the dpi and ecu. it does tot have a plug-in it is directly hook to the wiring harness.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Well yep that adds a lot of questions to the mix!
It's not a factory part and sounds like things been deleted.
And it's kind of sad, because anything emissions related on that tractor has a lifetime warranty if it was stock and not altered.
It is a factory item. I had to cut it off the wiring harness. No plug.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
That sounds right it has 11 wires going to it it goes direct into the wiring harness I cut it out.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It'd be nice to see a picture or two of where it was mounted in the tractor.You should be able to goto Kubota USA website parts and find the 'black box' as all parts are in the diagrams.
Curious, you said you bought it new, was that from a Kubota dealership ? If so , when ? Parts do vary based upon serial number.
There may be a WorkShop Manual (WSM) available at Kubotobooks,if so that WILL have the electrical wiring diagram and SHOW the part, if it was indeed a factory unit. Having 11 wires means it has been connected to a LOT of other devices. I suspect, like others ,it is indeed a 'DPF bypass', something that voids warranty on the tractor, at least the engine.
Also curious about what caused the fire, or 'heat'. $2400 for the harness is typical, sounds like a complete main 'wiring harness' and I suspect there's other damage ??

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
It'd be nice to see a picture or two of where it was mounted in the tractor.You should be able to goto Kubota USA website parts and find the 'black box' as all parts are in the diagrams.
Curious, you said you bought it new, was that from a Kubota dealership ? If so , when ? Parts do vary based upon serial number.
There may be a WorkShop Manual (WSM) available at Kubotobooks,if so that WILL have the electrical wiring diagram and SHOW the part, if it was indeed a factory unit. Having 11 wires means it has been connected to a LOT of other devices. I suspect, like others ,it is indeed a 'DPF bypass', something that voids warranty on the tractor, at least the engine.
Also curious about what caused the fire, or 'heat'. $2400 for the harness is typical, sounds like a complete main 'wiring harness' and I suspect there's other damage ??
Yes I bought it new in 2014 it may have other things wrong with it. I really do not understand why you guys think I am lying. Erect is the info that was on the tag on the tractor, jt194, tops model #sfb-f50, tops ser # 51284. I did order a shop manual have not got it yet. The box was on top of the motor. I bought bit at a kubota dealer. The wiring diagrams that I have found so far do not show it. I reall do want to thank you for yours and others replies. Thanks

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I downloaded the B3350 WSM there's NO '11 pin black box' in any of the wiring diagrams and none of the engine pictures show it either.I couldn't see any 11 pin connector in the diagrams either.
That leads me to believe, like others, that it is a 'DPF bypass' and the name 'emulator' kinda says so.
There's no way Kubota would add the box to bypass their DPF equipment so it's a mystery to 'us' as to who,when,where,why the device was added. It's not that we think you're lying but the device isn't OEM.
Curious, when you bought the tractor in 2014 how many hours was on it?
Again, pictures of the engine and wiring would be nice to see.