How do I get work done on my tractor, been black listed!?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Serial number will be on a 'tag', mine is(was ?) on the inside of the right arm. I'll check tomorrow if it's still there. Heck I found a picture WITH the tag ! seems computers are good for some things.sn A7761, just zoom in.....
100_4940.JPG
100_4954.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Reactions: 1 user

OrangePower

Equipment
A cute little rinky dinky 2021 BX23s
Sep 15, 2021
VA
Serial number will be on a 'tag', mine is(was ?) on the inside of the right arm. I'll check tomorrow if it's still there. Heck I found a picture WITH the tag ! seems computers are good for some things.sn A7761,
Thanks, will check tomorrow when its light out. I honestly dont remember seeing one. I must run around with serious tunnel vision and not pay attention, lol.

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
110 welder for that job = Very bad idea!!!!!

Yea, well, when your out of options, your just out of options. Still have a few options, but, its def on the back burner if all else fails. Besides, I have never used the highest setting. Would be interesting what it produces. :)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
What amazed me was that he welded it without the SSQA plate on to align the 2 pieces. Then again his welding table is a precision ground table 5 by 10 feet, 4 inches thick ! Has a few 'T-slots' in it and man it HAS to be heavy. It took me about 4 hours to reinstall and I've 'stress tested' it a LOT since last fall,including relocating 5 or 6 triaxle loads of top soil,3 or 4 loads of gravel, you know 'normal' stuff you do with a Hagrid style lawnmower.....

• Haha

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
What amazed me was that he welded it without the SSQA plate on to align the 2 pieces. Then again his welding table is a precision ground table 5 by 10 feet, 4 inches thick ! Has a few 'T-slots' in it and man it HAS to be heavy. It took me about 4 hours to reinstall and I've 'stress tested' it a LOT since last fall,including relocating 5 or 6 triaxle loads of top soil,3 or 4 loads of gravel, you know 'normal' stuff you do with a Hagrid style lawnmower.....
Surprised he didnt come out, drill 2 pilot holes and do a plug weld or 2 so it would be aligned once you took it off.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Looks like a good weld job!
That's the problem with MIG welding, anybody can make it look good. Shops hire anybody off the street, stick a gun in their hand, and call them a welder. Both those loader welds have practically zero penetration. You see a lot of trailer hitches with lots of extra metal piled on, I'd hate to see one sectioned.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
When I asked how, he just showed me the table and said 'not much of a challenge'.....took less than an hour.
Everything I've seen him weld... stainless, aluminum, steel.... ALL are perfect 'textbook' welds.....

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
When I asked how, he just showed me the table and said 'not much of a challenge'.....took less than an hour.
Everything I've seen him weld... stainless, aluminum, steel.... ALL are perfect 'textbook' welds.....

Does he like to travel........long distances, lol?

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Seems like PoTreeBoy in post #30 TOTALLY disagrees!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yea, well, when your out of options, your just out of options. Still have a few options, but, its def on the back burner if all else fails. Besides, I have never used the highest setting. Would be interesting what it produces. :)
I would guess that there are lots of professional welders in VA.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
That's the problem with MIG welding, anybody can make it look good. Shops hire anybody off the street, stick a gun in their hand, and call them a welder. Both those loader welds have practically zero penetration. You see a lot of trailer hitches with lots of extra metal piled on, I'd hate to see one sectioned.
That weld is so pitiful it borders on being comical. Undoubtedly other joints are as bad or worse.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
In my opinion this is a design flaw by Kubota. This tube on my LA535 loader goes through the boom and is welded to both sides as it should be. Puzzling to me as to why they would just butt weld to the inside surface of the two boom arms.

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
wow
I'm sure glad I saw this....
I'll have to make sure I stress the hell out of mine while it's still under warranty.

It's not a widespread issue that I know of, just the normal few rare cases.
That's an obvious manufacturing defect that I bet is on a bunch more loaders, they're just not used hard enough to break that.

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
In my opinion this is a design flaw by Kubota. This tube on my LA535 loader goes through the boom and is welded to both sides as it should be. Puzzling to me as to why they would just butt weld to the inside surface of the two boom arms.
That has nothing to do with the design of the loader and everything to do with a subpar weld.
It broke because the weld has no penetration, not because it's a butt joint.

If it hadn't broken perfectly along the weld it would be a different story.

Reactions: 2 users

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
That has nothing to do with the design of the loader and everything to do with a subpar weld.
It broke because the weld has no penetration, not because it's a butt joint.

If it hadn't broken perfectly along the weld it would be a different story.
I don't disagree that the weld is very poor but if the tube had been installed through the tube it would be substantially stronger even with the rotten weld job.

Reactions: 2 users