How do I get work done on my tractor, been black listed!?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On a side note, I think this site has a virus or some seriously bad code running. It is locking up Mozilla and when I switched to Opera, it is doing the same.

Anyone else have issues?
The site doesn't have a virus or anything of the sort.
It's ads.
As an unpaid member you get more of them than paid members.
Also if you don't have adblock they add up.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
On a side note, I think this site has a virus or some seriously bad code running. It is locking up Mozilla and when I switched to Opera, it is doing the same.

Anyone else have issues?
[/QUOTE

YES!
This site has gone to almost non functional!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Having been an insurance adjuster at one time in my life, I had one policy and one policy only. I deal with reasonable people reasonably, and unreasonable people not at all. After reading all of OrangePower posts, including seeing his attorney, I have concluded that he is one of those that I wouldn't want to deal with under any circumstances.

Reactions: 6 users

OrangePower

Equipment
A cute little rinky dinky 2021 BX23s
Sep 15, 2021
VA
Having been an insurance adjuster at one time in my life, I had one policy and one policy only. I deal with reasonable people reasonably, and unreasonable people not at all. After reading all of OrangePower posts, including seeing his attorney, I have concluded that he is one of those that I wouldn't want to deal with under any circumstances.

Wouldnt I have to be unreasonable "first"? Sorry, I am not just gonna let someone have their way with me. Seems like that frustrates you? You sound athoratistic? Yea, I made that word up. I hope thats not too unreasonable...

Last edited:

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
The site doesn't have a virus or anything of the sort.
It's ads.
As an unpaid member you get more of them than paid members.
Also if you don't have adblock they add up.

I dont mind the ads, but, I go to a billion sites and never have any issues with locking and unlocking every 4 seconds or so, if not more . Only site I use ad block on is youtube.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: ads .I've been here almost 6 years, use Mozilla Firefox v124.0.x AND Adblock+, zero isues

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
re: ads .I've been here almost 6 years, use Mozilla Firefox v124.0.x AND Adblock+, zero isues

I "could" do that, but I am thankful this site is here. I am good with giving back, especially if I am not paying. Though its not nice to lock my web page down randomly and often though, lol.

Same with Rumble. With Rumble I turn OFF my add block. Rumble is giving us freedoms we cant get anywhere else. Its those kind of people and things I support!!

Last edited:

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
⚠ proverb say:
小さなオレンジ色のトラクターに文句を言う人は、ボールに蹴りを受けます
Translated : Complaint about little orange tractor mfgr and affiliates earn kick to gonads

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
⚠ proverb say:
小さなオレンジ色のトラクターに文句を言う人は、ボールに蹴りを受けます
Translated : Complaint about little orange tractor mfgr and affiliates earn kick to gonads

Cant stop laughing, but, yea, apparently!!

• Haha

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I "could" do that, but I am thankful this site is here. I am good with giving back, especially if I am not paying. Though its not nice to lock my web page down randomly and often though, lol.

Same with Rumble. With Rumble I turn OFF my add block. Rumble is giving us freedoms we cant get anywhere else. Its those kind of people and things I support!!

I have a (now deceased) friend who never had a happy experience with service-providers or workshops, dealers, authorities, etc etc. His dealings with such places….almost without fail…. became endless circles of frustration and ended in poor-relationships …and it was Always Always the other people’s fault.
Sounds to me that Dealers #1, #2, and Ins. have you figured out.

Poor communication. customer assumptions …(“all the dealers need to do is read my mind”)…and unwritten instructions are common threads.

IMG_2661.png

Last edited:

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
Poor communication. customer assumptions …(“all the dealers need to do is read my mind”)…and unwritten instructions are common threads.
Well, it is obvious you didnt read that when I first called, I told them I am sending a list and would like to have done whatever is covered under warrantee or insurance only. When they picked up the tractor, I told the driver the same thing. When I called back the second time to check their work load and get dates on when they might be able to start on it, I said it again, that I want to have just warrantee and insurance work done. When they presented me a bill for the ball joints, I asked why. Explained only insurance and warrantee work to be done.

They never said "no we cant do this or that". They never said what would or would not be covered. They happily took the tractor, till I confronted them on the personal bills that popped up. After they new well and good what I wanted from the first bill, they sent me a second one, which I said I would pay.

I ask if something can be done. A yes or a no will determine if I want to proceed. I never "demand" anything from anyone, unless it is expected (as in a contract) of them doing it.

If I give them a list of items that need checking, how am "I" supposed to know whats covered under warantee or insurance? Do I look like a Kubota dealer? They do, they would know, they are supposed to tell ME!!

Not sure why you did not get that, but, thats your observation/opinion. What do I have to do to explain it to them? Was that not enough? Honestly, please do explain it to me what more I should have done so I can be a better man!

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Was any of your conversation about only work under warranty to be done put in writing or signed off on work order?

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
Was any of your conversation about only work under warranty to be done put in writing or signed off on work order?
There was nothing in writing that I can recall. Wish I still had a copy of the list I sent them. It would not surprise me if I did not have it listed on there "warrantee and insurance work only", but I will go with "no" for now.

So, is that a lesson now? What happens when I go to the next place with a peice of paper like that? Are they gonna label me a trouble make from the get go?

I didnt think we were at a place in America I had to write a contract and bring a lawyer just to get some work done on a tractor. I thought verbal communications was good enough for everyone to understand, especially as much as I was retierating it. I was getting worried they were goona get mad at me from me just saying so much. Looks like they came up with another plan.

In the spicy txt I accidentally sent, I offered the option of putting it in writing if I had to. Apparently, they didnt like that option either. Yea, I know, a little too forward a little too late, but, I swear I didnt mean to send it.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
3 days later I get a call from the mechanic talking about draining the tank (had some bogging issues) to clean it. No one said it was NOT covered under insurance

Not sure why you did not get that, but, thats your observation/opinion. What do I have to do to explain it to them? Was that not enough? Honestly, please do explain it to me what more I should have done so I can be a better man!
Listing items you want them to check….IF they are covered by warranty/insurance… places Zero Obligation on them to tell you which items are NOT covered under insurance. It is Incumbent Upon YOU to read your policies/warranties and question specific items on your “list”.

I am of the opinion you are like my deceased friend Bob…who Always had issues with Service-Providers, or similar interactions. Always. …and he Never did “get it”… that it is HIS poor communications skills which contributed to the issues. HE Always “thought” he’d been clear….and the only thing clear to anyone was… his goals were that he wanted everyone else to “walk the extra mile” for him …free of charge, of course.

Good Luck with your tractor/dealer/warranty/insurance episode...but it looks like “everyone is against me”….as Bob would say.

Reactions: 1 user

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
I just looked at the txt for the first time (been afraid to touch it so it doesnt get erased) since the issue. Its actually more civilized than I thought on my end.

I did say "but thats fine, next time I will know to put it in writing and have everyone sign it". Just let me know when the parts and tractor are ready for delivery and I will pay the bill".

I would LOVE to copy and paste it to prove that i wasnt being overbearing or over aggressive, just extremely confused and questioning why I was being charged. Not sure what "triggered" them, but, here we are.

Last edited:

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
Listing items you want them to check….IF they are covered by warranty/insurance… places Zero Obligation on them to tell you which items are NOT covered under insurance. It is Incumbent Upon YOU to read your policies/warranties and question specific items on your “list”.

I am of the opinion you are like my deceased friend Bob…who Always had issues with Service-Providers, or similar interactions. Always. …and he Never did “get it”… that it is HIS poor communications skills which contributed to the issues. HE Always “thought” he’d been clear….and the only thing clear to anyone was… his goals were that he wanted everyone else to “walk the extra mile” for him …free of charge, of course.

Good Luck with your tractor/dealer/warranty/insurance episode...but it looks like “everyone is against me”….as Bob would say.
If the tractor is boging, how do I know if it is things in the fuel tank or an injector pump? Injector pump IS covered under insurance/warrantee. Cleaning the gas tank out as a first step, I dont know. If they told me first step is to clean gas tank out and it is NOT covered by warrantee, I would have said "okay, I will wait on that and clean it when it comes back and see if it still bogs".

Since "I" didnt ask, it came down to a he said/she said. I realized that and to try to keep this going, I said I would go ahead and pay.

Is that not reasonable and enough?

Sounds more like their way or the highway!!

P.S. You still didnt tell me how to be a better man, just badger me. Are you........my original service manager???

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Possibly you might want to ask your questions on another tractor forum to get a consensus of opinions to your problem with other tractor owners. This isn't the only tractor forum for orange tractors. I will PM you a couple of suggestions as to where to go for advice.

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
Possibly you might want to ask your questions on another tractor forum to get a consensus of opinions to your problem with other tractor owners. This isn't the only tractor forum for orange tractors. I will PM you a couple of suggestions as to where to go for advice.
I could do that, but, i was kind of posting here to see what people had to say about the orange tractor company, their dealings with warrantee/insurance issues and if they got the same run around.

While it is sound advice to ask around, a John Deere forum would not know how to handle a Kubota issue, as would those who have Kubotas. I would just get moral advice from them (I am assuming).

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
There is always two sides to every story. Would love to hear the first dealerships side. Only a presumption but I think I know what their story is.