help my wheel fell off

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Either it was just old sun oxidized or someone painted it. ;)
Another possibility is that this has already been replaced before and the part was a little different color.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Put the loader down flat, raise the front end and steer it with the rear brakes. That is if it's already headed in the right direction.

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
Thanks everyone. Rent this, I never would have thought of that. Its safe in the barn. I ordered the parts and a repair manual. I just hope i dont end up with extra parts. I should have ordered blinker fluid.:confused:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I should have ordered blinker fluid.:confused:
What, you a rookie??

Everybody I know always keep extra blinker fluid and muffler bearings on hand!!

Seriously, hope it all goes well!!:)

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Thanks everyone. Rent this, I never would have thought of that. Its safe in the barn. I ordered the parts and a repair manual. I just hope i dont end up with extra parts. I should have ordered blinker fluid.:confused:
Are you ordering new wheel studs too (studs don't come with the new axles), or are you going to try to reuse the old ones? I would just get new studs (it costs a few bucks but saves time. And it's probably a little safer too since you could muck up the old studs trying to reuse them. I'm not sure if yours are press-in or screw-in studs). Just wondering if you thought about this step.

Also, don't forget to have some new gear oil ready to fill her back up after the repair.

Good luck

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
Yes Mike. Thanks. Scott at Messicks Had a lot of patience with me. I bought new studs. they are screw in. I also ordered 5 quarts of 80 90 gear oil. Bought some spacers, two bearings, one seal, axle, and silicone . Filix

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Another possibility is that this has already been replaced before and the part was a little different color.
Or, the heat from previous welding altered the paint.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Same thing happened to our b2910, it must be a design flaw or bad casting from the get go. The way ours looked, it seemed to have a bunch of stress cracks that water made it's way into weakening it to the point where it broke off just like yours. We've owned it since new and haven't abused it, just snow clearing and some buckets of gravel.

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
Interesting. This tractor has 125 hours. So thats not much. Could be a flaw. I have never tried to weigh a full load of gravel. I think my loader can hold 700lbs. I don't know how you could weigh it. Maybe a bucket at a time. weigh one of the buckets using a bathroom scale, then fill up the loader and do the math? Filix.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Interesting. This tractor has 125 hours. So thats not much. Could be a flaw. I have never tried to weigh a full load of gravel. I think my loader can hold 700lbs. I don't know how you could weigh it. Maybe a bucket at a time. weigh one of the buckets using a bathroom scale, then fill up the loader and do the math? Filix.
If your tractor's hydraulics can lift it, it will not (well, at least, it should not) harm the tractor in any way - especially an axle. Maybe last owner had "liquid filled" the front tires - that would put a lot of extra load on the axles.