Grey market FEL on L1-24 Sunshine

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.
There's no venting that I can see, and I would think that that's where oil would be coming out if it had one, unless it's located higher up than the reservoir cap, which is in the transmission below, not under the seat.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You're going to have to follow the 2 lines that either come from or go to the loader valve that are not connected to the cylinders and find out there exact landing location.

The vent for the system is under the seat. ;)

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.
That's what the two pictures I put up are, that's where the lines terminate into the tractor. 1 is under the seat, next to the speed control valve for the 3 point, the other is on the rear end next to the 3 point lifting arms.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On the one picture of the pump output, you said there is a tee in the line?
Picture of the tee?

And if it does have a tee in that line that goes to the loader, then there is your problem, you cannot tee into the hydraulic line it has to be a loop circuit.

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.
Ok, here's a picture so the t is in the line that runs from the control valve to the rear end of the tractor, and the tee goes to the hydraulic pump, into the fitting on the top of the pump, seen in one of the pictures above.
did you figure out where I could find a service Manuel for it?

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea I Pm'ed you with the only WSM that I know of that you're going to find that is close to your tractor, and that would just be on the tractor portion of things, nothing will be available on the loader.

In order for things to work right you will need to replumb the loader in the system in the proper way.
In order to do that you will need to find out if the loader control has another port for either tank or power beyond.
If not then it is a pass thru valve with just in and out and you will need to just remove the tee, connect IN on the FEL valve from the pump and OUT from the FEL valve back into the same line that originally came from the pump that goes back and feed the three point, and remove and cap the line and valve that goes into the side of the case of the rear end.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.
Ok, so looking over the control valve I discovered several more ports, if that's what they are, is it possible that it's just the wrong control valve? The tractor says it only had 570 hours on it, which to me means nobody that's ever owned it could figure this FEL out, but if I get it functional I really got a sweet deal.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry but those numbers don't do anything to identify it. :(

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Something certainly does not add up here.

Does the boom raise with normal speed and power? If you curl the bucket down with the boom at the bottom, can you lift the front wheels off the ground? Does your control valve look like this one (from the manual that Wolfman sent you)?

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Does the 3 point hitch raise and lower normally, with adequate power?

What happens if you temporarily open the 3ph lowering speed control valve and try your loader controls?

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.
No, the control valve doesn't look like that. ( not saying it doesn't have the same function, but it's not that one)
The bucket does not have enough power to lift the front end off the ground.
The 3 point goes down at normal speed, raises slowly.
Nothing noticeable happens when you open the valve the whole way.
It did have a tiller attached when I bought it, which the 3 point could pick up, but it picked it up very slowly.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I'm surprised anything lifts at all, if the system is an open centre type -- which it should be if it's the same general type as that manual.

What I would suggest is to disconnect both of the lines from the loader and plug the tees. Then see if the 3ph operates at normal speed and power rather than slowly. If it does, then that pretty much confirms what Wolfman said: it must be re-plumbed, deleting the tees and utilizing power beyond feature. If you cannot ascertain that your control set has open centre spool valves and power beyond, then it might be easiest to buy a new valve with those features and documentation. But that's just my 2¢

If temporarily d/c the loader and plugging those tees fails to restore the 3ph operation, then that may be a sign something else is wrong.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
The line between the pump and the FEL goes through a T fitting that feeds something else, right? Then yes, cap it. Or disconnect it at the T and plug the T. If it goes direct from the pump to the FEL, then don't.

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.
The line goes from the pump to a tee, one leg goes to the fel, the other leg goes to the rear end, you'll find a picture above. Should I cap both legs or which one?