Grey market FEL on L1-24 Sunshine

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.
Hi guys, I recently purchased an l2550 tractor with a front end loader on it, I'm looking for info about the loader, as everything on it is in Japanese. The local dealership won't help me, as they informed me it's a gray market machine.
Any ideas about how to find out who made it, if it's factory or not, or info about parts, specifically a control valve for it?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Re: Front end loaders

Post some pictures of what you have. ;)

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL

Welcome to the OTT forum Crazy Horse. Glad you joined us here. If anyone can help you it is the Wolfman.

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.

Ok, here's a few pictures. The issue I'm having is that it will go up but is very slow letting it down, and also it will dump but not pick the bucket back up very fast. I already changed the hydraulic filter at the suggestion of a friend, whom also suggested changing the control valve, thanks.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Ok the good news, it's a Kubota loader.
Now the bad news, it isn't a Kubota loader normally seen or used in North America, and getting parts or any information is going to be near impossible.

Now what is the problem with it?

You mentioned control valve, is the valve bad and you need to replace it?
If so then any open center 8 GPM or close valve will work.

Here is one example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-SPOOL-10-GPM-COMPACT-HYDRAULIC-JOYSTICK-CONTROL-VALVE-BRAND-LV22RFSTKAB-9-7401-/171524385553?hash=item27efa66b11:g:3p8AAOxy63FS79wc

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.

Ok the good news, it's a Kubota loader.
Now the bad news, it isn't a Kubota loader normally seen or used in North America, and getting parts or any information is going to be near impossible.

Now what is the problem with it?

You mentioned control valve, is the valve bad and you need to replace it?
If so then any open center 8 GPM or close valve will work.

Here is one example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-SPOOL-10-GPM-COMPACT-HYDRAULIC-JOYSTICK-CONTROL-VALVE-BRAND-LV22RFSTKAB-9-7401-/171524385553?hash=item27efa66b11:g:3p8AAOxy63FS79wc
Thanks Wolfman, another thing I noticed and did is I took the cap located in front of the seat off and hydraulic fluid came gushing out. I drained off about 8 gallons and it's still over the full indicator window. Is the window relevant if the loader was added to the tractor after manufacture? The fluid looks fine, should I completely drain it and add only the prescribed level, which is 7 gallons?

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.

Thanks Wolfman, another thing I noticed and did is I took the cap located in front of the seat off and hydraulic fluid came gushing out. I drained off about 8 gallons and it's still over the full indicator window. Is the window relevant if the loader was added to the tractor after manufacture? The fluid looks fine, should I completely drain it and add only the prescribed level, which is 7 gallons?
Also, thanks for the valve info.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Yes I would drain all of it out and replace it with new, and do the filters at the same time.
There is no logical reason it should be over full even with the loader on it. ;)

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.

I can't see if there is a separate pump for the loader, but if not, wouldn't he need a spool valve set with power beyond? Here's the same one as above, but with power beyond for only $10 more:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361099372795

(It's the one I bought for my loader. Currently under construction so I can't tell you if the valve is actually any good or not yet...)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

I can't see if there is a separate pump for the loader, but if not, wouldn't he need a spool valve set with power beyond? Here's the same one as above, but with power beyond for only $10 more:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361099372795

(It's the one I bought for my loader. Currently under construction so I can't tell you if the valve is actually any good or not yet...)
You could have saved yourself $10 as you don't need power beyond either, you only need in and out. ;)

But good catch on his, Would need to know if it's a 2 hose or three hose model.

Just so you know, the power beyond allows you to use both the loader and the three point at the same exact time, I really don't see that as being an issue with the B6100.

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.

You could have saved yourself $10 as you don't need power beyond either, you only need in and out.
With respect, I think I do need the power beyond option. From the WSM:

The implement pressure control valve (5 ) must be a type which will return oil relieved by the relief valve directly to the transmission case . If the valve is a type which returns oil to the return pipe (7), when the three-point linkage system is operated simultaneously with the hydraulic block, the three-point linkage-side relief pressure and block-side relief pressure will be added together and the gear pump and other units may be damaged.
According to the data published by Brand Hydraulics (the manufacturer of that control), without the power beyond option the relief valve dumps to the outlet port -- exactly the scenario that Kubota warns against in the WSM.

However installing the power beyond cartridge in the outlet port redirects the relief valve discharge to the "optional outlet port" ie: the low pressure tank return port.

Your way would work 99.9% of the time. It's that 0.1% that would bite me in the @$$. I'd be lifting something with the FEL and somehow bump the 3ph lever and blow up my hydraulics. $10 is cheap insurance.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York

Can I ask a question?

Maybe it was covered already, but which way do you operate joystick to dump, amd which way to raise the loader?

If you pull lever to left, that should be curl, and move to right would dump.

If you move lever up, that should lower boom and if you pull lever straight down, that should raise boom.

If you have a set crossed, you could be fighting a regenerative feature, that may or may not be present in valve?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

I think the valve you guys (Torch and North Idaho Wolfman) are discussing is the same valve with the only difference is the price.

Both valves have this in the description, "Optional conversion plug for closed center only operation sold separately. You can also simply plug the power beyond port to close the center on this valve."

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.

I think the valve you guys (Torch and North Idaho Wolfman) are discussing is the same valve with the only difference is the price.

Both valves have this in the description, "Optional conversion plug for closed center only operation sold separately. You can also simply plug the power beyond port to close the center on this valve."
Both are the same basic unit, but look at the title of the one I linked -- "w power beyond". I bought that control, it's sitting on my workbench right now and I can assure you it came with the power beyond option installed.