Going Implement CrAZy

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Ya Slim, looks great and I'm jealous :(

Bulldog, I was thinking geese but then one has a profile of a duck. I'm going with ducks :D

So Slim, what are them things?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It's hard to tell about the animals. I think Slim was trying to take the spot light.

That really is a very nice setup for sure. I don't blame him for showing it off.
I notice that he always had a hold off the joy sticks, I bet that was to keep from waving at everybody as they went by.

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Kioti C2610 Cab, BX1500, B7100 (kinda)
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
Those are Runner Ducks in the background. They are great egg layers so they provide for their keep unlike a lot of other animals.
I was actually working when the pictures were being taken and there is a short learning curve to running an unfamiliar backhoe and loader for that fact.

Weren't the chickens in the picture?? Oh well, I have them too which is why I have plenty to do.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Those are Runner Ducks in the background. They are great egg layers so they provide for their keep unlike a lot of other animals.
I was actually working when the pictures were being taken and there is a short learning curve to running an unfamiliar backhoe and loader for that fact.

Weren't the chickens in the picture?? Oh well, I have them too which is why I have plenty to do.

Chickens are great. I let mine out to free range quite often as they are THE BEST at pest removal. They kill and eat rodents and are always on a non stop hunt for insects.

I actually had a runner duck last year. He was pretty cool and every one of my dogs was scared to death of him. One morning I looked out the back window and saw a coyote running off with him. I figure the duck thought it was another dog and had no fear, and that was his downfall.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I hate coyotes, they really suck. I had a nice flock of wild turkeys that would come in my yard about every day and then the coyotes moved in. I don't hardly ever see a turkey any more and rarely ever even see a deer. We have to watch our cows like a hawk when they are ready to calve or those stupid things will run in and kill them while the cow is down.

Slim, how do you like your backhoe?
It sure is a great looking setup.

buffyscrubs

Banned
May 16, 2010
lodon
I am itching to get some stuff done at my place, still waiting for all of the snow to melt and things to dry up before I get started.

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
What a Kubota can do..........

I guess I will just add to this thread instead of starting a new thread since it all has to do with my tractor and using implements. As I said I have stumps that need to be dealt with and this is a good example of using smart power.

This one I dug out yesterday.

After a very long day, of doing several things, I decided I had better take a day of rest and not sun burn any more than I have already. So tomorrow I get to work on this one.

It took about 3 - 3 1/2 hours to get the first one out, and I hope I've learned something from that, so the next one shouldn't take as long. Oh, yeah the minivan in the background of the first picture is about 8 ft behind the stump for comparison. :eek:

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
You might be able to see from these pictures of the Big stump (24") that I dig all around the stump snapping the roots as I need to. It was too big to use the loader to get out of the hole so I pulled it up in a lift - slide motion, going from the left side of the stump to the right pulling it out of the hole and moving away to remove some dirt and keep inching it out.

I actually pushed it with the loader bucket a little and bent the bucket out slightly after the hole had been refilled. I was trying to re-position it slightly, but didn't move it far.

I back filled one side after I broke up the roots so I could get closer in an attempt pull the stump up, but decided on pulling out from the side with the largest part of the root to have something to get a positive bucket grab. Wish I had a thumb.

beetlebaily

May 30, 2010
waynesburg, pa , usa
I bought my B8200D on Tuesday of last week, and I bought a safety triangle (SMV) sign yesterday while ordering the manuals and getting information on a loader and backhoe.

Next weekend, Saturday, is Vermont's newly established annual NO-TAX day so after pricing everything out I decided I could only afford a new loader and I would look for a used backhoe.

Today I found a used backhoe for a B series Kubota tractor. It is a Woods 6500 backhoe in excellent condition with everything needed. I made him an offer and will pick it up for $4500.00.

I'm blowing my total budget for the tractor, but it was becoming apparent that I wasn't going to find everthing I wanted for $8000.00. Except for the John Deere 650 4x4 with loader and backhoe for $6980.00 I missed out on 2 weeks ago.

:eek: Ok, that's my confession, I like Green tractors as well. But my first love was my father's Farmall Cub. I only used it a couple of times. When I drove it the two miles to his house, and when I plowed up his back yard for a bigger garden. I've always loved driving anything on wheels and the more mechanical the better.

Since there isn't a general tractor discussion section of this forum I'll add a general question to this post. Has anyone written a book about Kubotas? I'd like to find one, it would be interesting reading.

My on-topic questions is for those who have a removable backhoe. Can you still use the three point hitch after the subframe unit has been attached?

Thanks for reading.
No, the 3 pt hitch cannot be used after you attach the hoe.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
When my backhoe is removed from the tractor everything is like normal. The only difference on mine from being stock is the top link mount was changed to a heavier duty one than what came on the tractor but it would even be noticed unless you knew what to look for. What would be the point of a removeable backhoe if it meant you couldn't use the tractor.