Fueling my L3800 sucks !

UnionMan

Equipment
M5-111HDC12, L3800 HST , RTV-X1100C, SCAG TigerCat 61" Kawi FX Motor
Aug 21, 2013
Warrenton, VA
I think that this approach is probably the best that I've seen. I've tried many different approaches with dealing with venting these newer containers and most times still get some spillage from the vent because of its low profile and getting the angle right to fill whatever I'm filling. With this method, the extension of the valve stem offers the extra height in venting that a greater tip of the container can be accomplished.

Check out this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lcnwdIYEfI

That's my 2½¢ worth of brain activity.

Ron

I've been wondering how to fix a bunch of new cans that I almost thought about tossing. Seems like a easy way to fix them. Gonna give it a try. Must say though that the amount of gas he keeps in his garage in the video is on the dangerous side.

UnionMan

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
All of my fueling woe's went away when the local Casey's General Store added diesel fuel. woohoo!!

Now its either 3/4 of a mile on the road or threw the woods and over the ditch to fuel up.
You got me thinking..... except for a 20yd jaunt on busy street I could do this too. Might stop off at one house to see if I could traverse their yard the once a month or so to avoid this busy road. If so then it's a go.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
What A.O. said.

I have those on all my small cans and they work GREAT. Fueling the 3800 is EZ: Just stick your finger over the nozzle exit until in the gas tank. I have the same tanks for diesel as pictured in the video above, only yellow. No spillage.

Safety Hint: I only store through the summer months in metal cans. Plastic is OK for winter.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
You got me thinking..... except for a 20yd jaunt on busy street I could do this too. Might stop off at one house to see if I could traverse their yard the once a month or so to avoid this busy road. If so then it's a go.
Never hurts to ask... Sure makes life easier for me.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Water jug spouts. You have to be smarter than the EPA morons.

You know, the one's who dumped a million gallons of highly toxic mine waste into the Animas river last week? The Animas feeds the San Juan which meets the Colorado into Powell and Mead. The whole Southwest drinks out of Lake Mead. And the EPA isn't returning calls on the issue. I bet they are trying to figure out how to get more funding or get somebody promoted out of this. Or worse, use it as a means to cut off development for years.

Glad I am on a well... :mad:

A.O.

Equipment
L3540HST LA724 FEL
Feb 6, 2015
South Carolina
You did see the list of states they can't sell those in, right? ;) :p
I didn't, but now I do. They sell them over the counter here so no problem. Might be a good time to think about moving.. or get the water jug ones as stated above,,, basically the same thing!

A.O.

Equipment
L3540HST LA724 FEL
Feb 6, 2015
South Carolina
Water jug spouts. You have to be smarter than the EPA morons.

You know, the one's who dumped a million gallons of highly toxic mine waste into the Animas river last week? The Animas feeds the San Juan which meets the Colorado into Powell and Mead. The whole Southwest drinks out of Lake Mead. And the EPA isn't returning calls on the issue. I bet they are trying to figure out how to get more funding or get somebody promoted out of this. Or worse, use it as a means to cut off development for years.

Glad I am on a well... :mad:
Me too, glad I'm on a well..

And REAL GLAD I no longer reside in colorado!!!! Nastiest place I've ever been!!!