Fuel Filters on the BX series

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I knew that you just had not seen what you were looking at. :cool:
The drawback to a sub-compact is things get tight and some a little harder to access. The "get started" is often harder than the job is. Been there, done that, got the Tee shirt, coffee mug, hat, and certificate!:whistle:

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Nice! At least it’s now done. You’re good to go!
I wasn’t sure on the need to remove the loader....I do mine “mid-season” when I convert from winter operations to summer operations, so loader and brush guard are off.

I’ve been putting off a radiator flush myself....😳

Reactions: 1 user

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Nice! At least it’s now done. You’re good to go!
I wasn’t sure on the need to remove the loader....I do mine “mid-season” when I convert from winter operations to summer operations, so loader and brush guard are off.

I’ve been putting off a radiator flush myself....😳
I was not keen working under a raised FEL, always leery of a stupid accident. At least if it settles, it tends to be near imperceptible. One dumb thing I failed at was I should of done was flipped the lever to lock the loader joystick. Always do what you can to be a little safer. 'Less dead', is that viable?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I was not keen working under a raised FEL, always leery of a stupid accident. At least if it settles, it tends to be near imperceptible. One dumb thing I failed at was I should of done was flipped the lever to lock the loader joystick. Always do what you can to be a little safer. 'Less dead', is that viable?
All the lever does is lock the joystick. That doesn’t prevent a blown cylinder-o-ring or hose that can suddenly drop the FEL onto you.

I use a transmission-jack to hold the bucket up for short jobs like check the radiator, battery, or blow out the radiator screen. $79 at Horrible Fright: https://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-capacity-underhoist-safety-stand-61600.html

Attachments

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
All the lever does is lock the joystick. That doesn’t prevent a blown cylinder-o-ring or hose that can suddenly drop the FEL onto you.

I use a transmission-jack to hold the bucket up for short jobs like check the radiator, battery, or blow out the radiator screen. $79 at Horrible Fright: https://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-capacity-underhoist-safety-stand-61600.html
Yup.
I was thinking something along the lines of that (jack) or simply park under a tree and use a come-a-long as a back up. Added benefit of shade...

dandeman

Equipment
BX2230, LA211 FEL, RCK60B Mower, GCK60BX Bagger; Ford 4000, bush hog, blade, etc
Aug 9, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
www.dan-de-man.net
My fix....

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Yup.
I was thinking something along the lines of that (jack) or simply park under a tree and use a come-a-long as a back up. Added benefit of shade...
Ahhh...Yes... the old SHADETREE mechanix.... very familiar with THAT! :ROFLMAO: 😅 😂 😂😂

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
This
detailed video will helps you alot and if you need to buy an oil filter additionally you can go to that site and find the best compatible filter.
Your first post and your referring people to a site to buy a "maybe it will fit" filter from a site started in 2020?