FEL mounted hydraulic cement mixer project

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
About 1hr 15min from you. I am going to download mobile photo bucket and try to share some videos and larger pics. That might be enough to help you. I can also take specific pics if you PM me.

It works well, but I am putting some thought into it to determine if I can do anything to improve the paddles. If I trimmed back the ends by cutting off the U bolt ends, I could attach thick rubber which would not only wipe the bucket but it would give if a larger rock went through.. I don't have rubber like I would need so I will consider that if I come accross some that is stiff enough. I could also purchase a rounder aggregate which I think is readily available as that might make a huge improvement but I heard round stone does not make as hard a finished mix.

I have more concrete to do but I am about done for a couple months as I am taking vacation soon, and I need to disconnect the bucket to do some mowing and other chores.
Coupla suggestions for belting: Horse mats are about 5/8" thick, what cuts them best, from what I've heard is an abrasive chop saw blade, if you can stand the smell of burning rubber. Other sources would be industrial belting, hay baler belts, or old tires, if you want to do it on the cheap...

Pea gravel is round, but ain't as strong as #57 stone...

If you are pouring into foundation forms, or sonotubes, invest in a concrete vibrator, to get the air out...:D:D

jimbo913

Equipment
L5030 with cab and HST
Apr 22, 2011
PA
I messed up my foot (torn planters), so taking it easy for awhile so it heals. I have been thinking of ways to get the correct amount of marerials scooped up alone without jumping in/out the cab a bunch. Best I can come up with is maybe a wireless camera to mount on the center top edge of the bucket facing towards the rotor. Do they make a wireless unit good enough for this? I need a good sharp image, not something washed out.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
.... Do they make a wireless unit good enough for this? I need a good sharp image, not something washed out.
They've come a long way. You might even consider one that will wireless to your phone. Then just put in a phone mount or even use a tablet you steal from the kids.

jimbo913

Equipment
L5030 with cab and HST
Apr 22, 2011
PA
I will check into wireless cams that link to an ipad or iphone without internet and see what I find. I am sure there is plenty of junk out there so if anyone has purchased something like this for Apple products and knows it will have a crisp image, and is water proof, please provide a model number.

Rodnok

Equipment
B7100hst, MMM, Box Scraper, FEL make unknown, adapted and resurrected from junk
Dec 28, 2015
chattanooga, tn
I messed up my foot (torn planters), so taking it easy for awhile so it heals. I have been thinking of ways to get the correct amount of marerials scooped up alone without jumping in/out the cab a bunch. Best I can come up with is maybe a wireless camera to mount on the center top edge of the bucket facing towards the rotor. Do they make a wireless unit good enough for this? I need a good sharp image, not something washed out.

There are several gopro clone cameras that are way cheaper and have high def capabilities. The wifi connection is good enough for your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimbo913

Equipment
L5030 with cab and HST
Apr 22, 2011
PA
I still need to check into cams but I mixed another yard today by myself and I did a great job scooping the right amounts. It went very fast. The mixer has to be one of the best attachments I have made. I think back on how hard it was mixing with the small electric mixer and I wish I would have done it sooner.

Last edited: