Does a Rear Blade Exist that Does All This?

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
The Homestead scraper appears to be the closest thing to the Leinbach blade that I have seen. 6 way adjustment with pins.
Thanks, I didn't even have that one on my list. It looks comparable to the Bush Hog, both have pins for adjustment, both have max 15 deg tilt (some other go up to 23). A little less offset (18" vs 23") and 96 lb lighter. Price is nice considering no shipping cost. And USA made. It's on the short list!

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Do not get a blade that requires loosening/tightening bolts!
I had an 84" King Kutter blade like that.
A real nuisance! to use.
Yep. I had one like that too. I ended up never offsetting the blade because it was too much work, especially once a little bit of rust sets in on the bolts. And I often want to change the offset and angle a few times while working. This is easy with pin offset, but otherwise isn’t practical if you have to remove nuts and bolts. LP does make a pin offset blade, but it’s their heavier and more expensive models.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yep. I had one like that too. I ended up never offsetting the blade because it was too much work, especially once a little bit of rust sets in on the bolts. And I often want to change the offset and angle a few times while working. This is easy with pin offset, but otherwise isn’t practical if you have to remove nuts and bolts. LP does make a pin offset blade, but it’s their heavier and more expensive models.
The EA "Six Way Deluxe Scrape Blade" was a nice piece of equipment.
Hopefully someone will copy that design.
I have suggested so to the folks at Homestead.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The EA "Six Way Deluxe Scrape Blade" was a nice piece of equipment.
Hopefully someone will copy that design.
I have suggested so to the folks at Homestead.
There are lots of six way blades. My Bison does everything the EA blade does.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
There are lots of six way blades. My Bison does everything the EA blade does.
I agree,....that there are lots of 'em.
My KK blade was/is a six way blade.
The point I was trying to make, is that SOME are much easier to use/adjust than others.

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I agree,....that there are lots of 'em.
My KK blade was/is a six way blade.
The point I was trying to make, is that SOME are much easier to use/adjust than others.
True. And after owning one of the bolt “adjustable” blades I would never own another. They simply don’t have the utility of the six way adjustable blades.

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
Just wanted to give an update. Ended up buying a Bush Hog 5007 (aka 50-07) from a dealer about an hour and a half away. Gave me a good price because he somehow ended up with a truckload of Bush Hog implements that weren't supposed to all be for his dealership but he ended up with them after some kind of snafu and just needed to unload them.

I've got it home and mounted it but haven't really used it. I have to say it's built pretty solidly, and the adjustments are a breeze. When you pull a pin to swing the blade it's quiet and smooth and balanced. I think I'm going to like it!

Anyone need an old blue 7 ft blade that doesn't fit on a quick hitch, for $300? :-D

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
If I ever buy a rear blade again it'll have hydraulic angle, tilt, and rotation.

There's a Buhler Farm King 155 series 8ft hydraulic rear blade for sale locally on Craigslist, and for $3,900 it's a very fair price. The downside is that it's really heavy at 1,683lb.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
That's cool, but unobtainium models don't help OP very much. ;)
There IS currently (5-29-24) an OTT member who has an EA 6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade for sale.
It is NOT ......."unobtanium"

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
If I ever buy a rear blade again it'll have hydraulic angle, tilt, and rotation.

There's a Buhler Farm King 155 series 8ft hydraulic rear blade for sale locally on Craigslist, and for $3,900 it's a very fair price. The downside is that it's really heavy at 1,683lb.
Before you purchase ANY hydraulic 6 way blade, be sure to double check all of the adjustment limits and that they will work for your needs.

The manufacturers of these blades DO NOT build them all equally. Very common for offset capabilities to be on the short side and even blade left-right angles can be limited.

Always best to double-check. ;)

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
There IS currently (5-29-24) an OTT member who has an EA 6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade for sale.
Cool, but my post was 3 1/2 months ago. Maybe you always wait that long to buy. Maybe OP hasn’t bought yet.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Cool, but my post was 3 1/2 months ago. Maybe you always wait that long to buy. Maybe OP hasn’t bought yet.
Exactly!
I searched for 22 months to find my 1st (used) TLB.
Searched for 9 months, to find my second (used) TLB.
I also do not have Amazon Prime.
I rarely feel the need for instant gratification!

Last edited:

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
I've already bought mine, but just out of curiosity, how do people sell stuff here? I looked in the Classifieds and there are just two listings, both for businesses, but no equipment from individuals.